Yor Anei

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Better pray Hidde makes a tremendous jump.....In terms of Pena is he still trying to qualify academically or he good?
Unfortunately not all prayers are answered with “yes.”

https://twitter.com/codynagel_/status/1273345924727799812?s=21

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
Even if we win the appeal the damage will already be done. This is the biggest pile of dog bleep ever. The worst penalty the NCAA has handed out in basket ball in years and we have done LITERALLY nothing to deserve it.

Aug 28, 2009
It was bound to happen, Cade will probably be gone too (and then the flood gates open). Cade deleting his commitment video is pretty telling for what's to come. We get a guard transfer to replace Yor? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, I just think Boynton is working hard to fill spots he already knows are leaving....just my 2 cents.
man you nailed this one

Oct 30, 2007
Any chance is rethinks his position and stays now that Cade has recommitted? Would the team accept him back if he did?
I think the team would accept him back, but the scholarship situation is dicey. With Anei & Roessink transferring out and Williams transferring in, we're at 12 scholarship players. That puts us in compliance with the NCAA penalty.

Technically the penalty is stayed during the appeals process, so we could put a 13th player on scholarship temporarily, but we might be forced to pull their scholarship mid-year if the appeal isn't successful. I'm not sure that we would want to put ourselves in that position.

Long story short, I'm not sure that we would have a scholarship available for Yor if he did decided to return.

Jun 14, 2011
I think the team would accept him back, but the scholarship situation is dicey. With Anei & Roessink transferring out and Williams transferring in, we're at 12 scholarship players. That puts us in compliance with the NCAA penalty.

Technically the penalty is stayed during the appeals process, so we could put a 13th player on scholarship temporarily, but we might be forced to pull their scholarship mid-year if the appeal isn't successful. I'm not sure that we would want to put ourselves in that position.

Long story short, I'm not sure that we would have a scholarship available for Yor if he did decided to return.
Just clarifying here; the scholarship reduction is for 3 total scholarships over any point in the next three years. Basically, we could have all 13 next year, lose one the following year, and 2 the year after that and be in compliance. OR we could drop all three in a single year, or 1 each year. Lots of options, crappy as they may be. And Boynton is not the type of person to pull anyone's scholarship mid season.

For the upcoming year, I would 100% rather keep Yor and kick the can down the road on the scholarship situation. I don't understand picking up the recent transfer considering the amount of guards we have on scholarship and the impending scholarship reductions. Maybe Boynton was hedging his bets on losing more guys. Also, maybe the scholarship reductions won't start until after the appeal and/or court case. On that, I have no idea.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Just clarifying here; the scholarship reduction is for 3 total scholarships over any point in the next three years. Basically, we could have all 13 next year, lose one the following year, and 2 the year after that and be in compliance. OR we could drop all three in a single year, or 1 each year. Lots of options, crappy as they may be. And Boynton is not the type of person to pull anyone's scholarship mid season.

For the upcoming year, I would 100% rather keep Yor and kick the can down the road on the scholarship situation. I don't understand picking up the recent transfer considering the amount of guards we have on scholarship and the impending scholarship reductions. Maybe Boynton was hedging his bets on losing more guys. Also, maybe the scholarship reductions won't start until after the appeal and/or court case. On that, I have no idea.
Cade needs shooters. We could be a 5 out or 4 out 1 in type team giving Cade room to drive and kick or finish. That being said, we will need some level of presence inside for the KU and BU of the world. Assuming KU actually has a team!

Jun 14, 2011
Cade needs shooters. We could be a 5 out or 4 out 1 in type team giving Cade room to drive and kick or finish. That being said, we will need some level of presence inside for the KU and BU of the world. Assuming KU actually has a team!
I know he does, but we have zero depth at C and PF right now. No depth to weather foul issues OR practice against. Yes, I know Moncrieffe will likely play at the 4, but I honestly think he is a much more natural 3. The same goes for Keylan Boone. Mark me down as concerned.

Additionally, I have been hoping that if anyone has any sense in this program, they have told ICE and AA to work on their outside shooting or shooting in general over the summer. Shoot until your arms fall off, then do it some more. Likelele with any kind of respectable outside shot will have a great chance play in the NBA. If he can do that and get a Victor Williams style stop and pull up in the lane shot to go with his existing arsenal.... o-baby.

Oct 30, 2007
Flavors & Williams should help with this aspect. They both shot about 44% from 3 last season.

Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
www.tulsalawyer.org

Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
www.tulsalawyer.org
So if the Brandon Lieb (center) we offer last week happens to accept, we will have a scholarship without pulling one from someone else?

With Yor Anei and Hidde Roessink opting to enter the transfer portal the past few days, the Cowboys have a need for front court depth in 2020-21, and Mike Boynton might have found his guy.

Brandon Lieb announced an Oklahoma State offer Thursday afternoon. Lieb was an original 2020 guy before reclassifying to 2021, but in recent weeks schools have started flocking to the 7-footer with 2020 offers.

Thankful to have recieved an offer from Oklahoma State University and Coach Boynton for the class of 2020 #gocowboys pic.twitter.com/tgXEK5h1rA

— Brandon Lieb (@brandonlieb12) June 18, 2020

Here are the need-to-knows on Lieb.

Who Is He?

Lieb plays 3A basketball in Deerfield, Illinois.

Where he plays is likely the biggest reason his recruiting hasn’t skyrocketed because, from the looks of it, Lieb has all the tools a high-major coach would want in a big man.

He is 7-feet tall, but he isn’t the typical lanky, uncoordinated 7-feet you might expect to come out of a small town. He shows solid footwork in the post, and he even has a decent jump shot with the ability to knock down high school-range 3s.

This past high school season, Lieb shot 58 percent from the field while averaging 13.5 points, 9.3 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks a game.

He isn’t a finished product and will need some developing (particularly adding weight to his frame), but with Anei and Roessink exiting this week, this is the perfect type of prospect to be falling into Boynton’s lap this late in the cycle.

In the Rankings

Rivals lists Lieb as a three-star prospect.

Others Involved

As perfect as a match this might seen for Lieb and OSU, there are other potential suitors.

Since the start of June, Lieb has announced offers from Tulsa, Toledo, Oklahoma, Penn, DePaul and OSU. His OSU and OU offers were the only ones he noted as being for the 2020 cycle in that span, but it’s unsure when those other programs would want to bring him in.

Why This is Important

As things stand now, it looks as if OSU’s front court might consist of Kalib Boone, Keylan Boone, Matthew-Alexander Moncrieffe and Montreal Pena. Of those four, Kalib Boone is the only who has played a solid amount of college post minutes, as Keylan Boone spent a lot of his time last season on the perimeter.

Moncrieffe is expected to be good, but at 6-7, he also might spend time on the wing if given the opportunity.

So right now, if Kalib Boone got in foul trouble it looks as if Pena would be the likely guy to relieve him at center. Pena isn’t proven at the college level, and neither is Lieb. So, in that scenario, Boynton would likely rather have two guys for the one job of back-up center than one.

This is also interesting because if Lieb came to OSU, it would fill all of Boynton’s 13 scholarships. Part of the NCAA’s sanctions on the program include three scholarship losses over the next three years. They could take one of those hits this year, but with OSU attempting to appeal the sanctions, that could be a nonissue entirely.

The Highlights

The post Oklahoma State Extends Late Offer to 2020 Big Man Brandon Lieb appeared first on Pistols Firing.

Continue reading...

PrincetonPoke23

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Can't believe Yor left this team. So strange. Seems like an awful decision. Has a chance to win (regardless of tourney or not), major exposure against big time programs, and gets to be teammates with one of the most highly rated recruits ever, not to mention the fact that he seemed to bond well with Ice and the rest of the team. I think there were probably whispers that the Boone Twins were going to start over him, and he wouldn't get as much PT.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Can't believe Yor left this team. So strange. Seems like an awful decision. Has a chance to win (regardless of tourney or not), major exposure against big time programs, and gets to be teammates with one of the most highly rated recruits ever, not to mention the fact that he seemed to bond well with Ice and the rest of the team. I think there were probably whispers that the Boone Twins were going to start over him, and he wouldn't get as much PT.
If that’s the reason, that’s really stupid of him. He’s would have gotten plenty of PT here. Between inexperience of one Boone and foul trouble for other, I can’t see his PT dropping at all. It has to be something else.

RPG

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2017
Edmond, OK
If that’s the reason, that’s really stupid of him. He’s would have gotten plenty of PT here. Between inexperience of one Boone and foul trouble for other, I can’t see his PT dropping at all. It has to be something else.
I’m sure he just felt ”disconnected” from his coach....