XFL Week 1

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Frankly, the product was pretty entertaining. They are pulling commentary from CFB as well as some of the refs. The teams look reasonable on the field, the refs do a pretty good job, and commentary was reasonable. I' going to continue to watch on TV, and Ive heard tix are like 20 bucks which is like CFB ticket prices from 20 years ago. I may go to a game to two at that price.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Only thing I didn't care for during the games was the sideline interviews. Adds no value other than somewhere else for the camera to look during player changes. I also thought it was weird that the coaches would be cool with having their play calls to the QB mic'd on national television... On one game it actually sounded like the mic feed was being played over the stadium speakers. Not sure if that was my ears playing tricks on me (you could hear an echo like when a ref is making a call) or if it actually did happen, if it was on purpose or if someone pushed the wrong button. lol.

dirtyp

Greenhorn
Jul 5, 2004
Only thing I didn't care for during the games was the sideline interviews. Adds no value other than somewhere else for the camera to look during player changes. I also thought it was weird that the coaches would be cool with having their play calls to the QB mic'd on national television... On one game it actually sounded like the mic feed was being played over the stadium speakers. Not sure if that was my ears playing tricks on me (you could hear an echo like when a ref is making a call) or if it actually did happen, if it was on purpose or if someone pushed the wrong button. lol.
https://www.cbssports.com/xfl/news/...-channel-kickoff-times-full-weekend-schedule/

One thing's for sure, their games should be a helluva lot easier to watch. With major networks carrying & set times, a la the NFL, it's a much better approach than the AAF.

Basically, you can count on Saturday afternoon, then evening on ABC & FOX, then same for Sundays.
I on a sad note, it appears Corndog was relegated to 3rd team... :-(

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Didn't watch a full game, but crowd size actually appeared to be decent. We will see how attendance goes the rest of the season.
I think I saw an article earlier today and that said they sold more tickets to week 1 than AAF (or whatever it was called) sold their whole first season...