XBOX 360 NCAA Football 2012 Online Dynasty

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PokeVille

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2008
True Random Number Service

List Randomizer

There were 12 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
  1. BGeezy08
  2. Shotgun Larry
  3. Pokes19
  4. Cowboy Cookie
  5. Leprechaun7
  6. CrabStuffedFish
  7. Dezul
  8. TLcowboy
  9. pokelahoman
  10. Pokeville
  11. PC_Cowboy33
  12. OSUndefeated
Timestamp: 2011-07-25 02:55:31 UTC

Random Seeding

Now for the Draft Order
There were 12 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
  1. Leprechaun7
  2. Pokeville
  3. pokelahoman
  4. CrabStuffedFish
  5. Shotgun Larry
  6. TLcowboy
  7. Dezul
  8. Cowboy Cookie
  9. Pokes19
  10. BGeezy08
  11. OSUndefeated
  12. PC_Cowboy33
Timestamp: 2011-07-25 02:56:16 UTC

General Info and Rules

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...DBXWUxtQjBxX25yQWswTEI5akhZbmc&hl=en_US#gid=0

PokeVille

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2008
I'm really excited to get this started guys. Communication is what's going to make this work. "watch" this thread and it should Alert you when someone says something. Trash Talk is encouraged.

Here we go....

The plan is to begin Drafting tomorrow night about 8:00pm through Wednesday. If it's your turn and you can't select yet then we will wait. Also, each of you take some time to fill in your email and phone number is probably overkill so I will probably take that off of there.

OSUndefeated

Federal Marshal
Apr 25, 2011
Good stuff man. I can't say I'm too pleased with the 11th pick, but I trust you that it was random, and that is just fine. Once again, thanks so much for all of your work setting this up.

OSUndefeated

Federal Marshal
Apr 25, 2011
PokeVille
Do you mind if I also add the list of 3 star teams to the list of available teams? Just to show everybody ALL of their options. I will specify that they are 3 star. Or do I even have permission to alter things in the spreadsheet?

PokeVille

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2008
PokeVille
Do you mind if I also add the list of 3 star teams to the list of available teams? Just to show everybody ALL of their options. I will specify that they are 3 star. Or do I even have permission to alter things in the spreadsheet?
That would be great, I was kind of curious about some of them myself.

And just so everyone knows, the spread sheet is for everyone. Feel free to edit at anytime.

PokeVille

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2008
PokeVille
Thanks that looks great and will give everyone a better idea of the teams available.

*updated the draft order sheet.

pokelahoman

Keeper of the Cursive Script
Aug 31, 2009
Edmond
Since I am picking third could I just PM the commish or someone picking somewhere behind me a list of 3 teams in order and they choose the highest team available on the list for me? Won't have internet set up at the new place until tomorrow and my phone internet isn't too great.

PokeVille

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2008
Sounds great, thanks for all the work you've put in.

So I just pick my team around 8 p.m. tonight?
To be honest, Since you're first there's no reason you can't make a selection whenever you are ready. If you aren't ready by 8 then we will just wait until you are. I just wanted everyone to know that there is no rush on making a selection. If you aren't sure take a day and think about it. I'm pretty sure there are some guys that haven't even played yet. If we get to a pick and that person isnt ready to make a selection just let me know. We may be starting too soon and if so we can delay this thing out until the end of the week if we need to. The Monday-Wednesday was just a guess on my part as to how long it would take. It's something we can make fit everyone's schedule.

Since I am picking third could I just PM the commish or someone picking somewhere behind me a list of 3 teams in order and they choose the highest team available on the list for me? Won't have internet set up at the new place until tomorrow and my phone internet isn't too great.
you can PM me if you'd like or you could even just list it on here unless part of your strategy is not letting us know who you think is the best ;)

leprechaun7

Erin Go Bragh
A/V Subscriber
Feb 26, 2007
Kansas City, MO
seanpharkin.wordpress.com
To be honest, Since you're first there's no reason you can't make a selection whenever you are ready. If you aren't ready by 8 then we will just wait until you are. I just wanted everyone to know that there is no rush on making a selection. If you aren't sure take a day and think about it. I'm pretty sure there are some guys that haven't even played yet. If we get to a pick and that person isnt ready to make a selection just let me know. We may be starting too soon and if so we can delay this thing out until the end of the week if we need to. The Monday-Wednesday was just a guess on my part as to how long it would take. It's something we can make fit everyone's schedule.
All right, works for me...I'm going to tinker around with the teams today after I get off work...As much as I want to pick OSU, I kind of want to do something new, haha. Also, I've only played one game so far, and I'm quite rusty.

PokeVille

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2008
All right, works for me...I'm going to tinker around with the teams today after I get off work...As much as I want to pick OSU, I kind of want to do something new, haha. Also, I've only played one game so far, and I'm quite rusty.
I agree completely with the OSU thing. I always use them and kind of wanted to be in a different conference or get someone new. I've been scouring some rosters of potential teams.

Has anyone messed around with custom playbooks?

I'm rusty online as well. I'm 3-3 I feel like I should easily be 5-1. I got completely screwed by a Wisconsin team. I lost 4 fumbles but had more yards total and more TOP. I made 2 horrible calls on D too that cost me.

Another game I was trying to milk the clock and threw the ball on 3rd down for a pick with about 1:30 left. I should have run the ball made him burn a TO and then stick him deep. I'd shut him down most of the game anyway. I just wanted to seal the deal right then and there, ya know? FWIW I think the game tries to screw you when you go against what's acceptable in that game situation.

leprechaun7

Erin Go Bragh
A/V Subscriber
Feb 26, 2007
Kansas City, MO
I agree completely with the OSU thing. I always use them and kind of wanted to be in a different conference or get someone new. I've been scouring some rosters of potential teams.

I'm rusty online as well. I'm 3-3 I feel like I should easily be 5-1. I got completely screwed by a Wisconsin team. I lost 4 fumbles but had more yards total and more TOP. I made 2 horrible calls on D too that cost me.

Another game I was trying to milk the clock and threw the ball on 3rd down for a pick with about 1:30 left. I should have run the ball made him burn a TO and then stick him deep. I'd shut him down most of the game anyway. I just wanted to seal the deal right then and there, ya know? FWIW I think the game tries to screw you when you go against what's acceptable in that game situation.
I'm not even sure how much I want to play online before our season starts. It would be good practice, but I would probably kill myself because my blood pressure skyrockets when I play randos that do nothing but rollout and try to scramble with their QBs. Once the dynasty starts, I'll be OK, as I'm not taking it as serious as I would be in previous years.

I've found if I don't play with OSU, I'm not as intent to get the ball to star players (COUGH COUGH Blackmon) to get stats, which usually helps me not throw stupid, stupid, stupid interceptions. I can spread the ball out and seem to play smarter, haha.

pokelahoman

Keeper of the Cursive Script
Aug 31, 2009
Edmond
I sent a PM but who cares, I will just put it here so CrabStuffedFish knows he can go after Pokeville picks and he knows who I took. I want either, in order #1 South Carolina, #2 Oklahoma State #3 Texas A&M. I will be happy with any of those so just the highest order that is left after the first 2 picks I will take.

PokeVille

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2008
I'm not even sure how much I want to play online before our season starts. It would be good practice, but I would probably kill myself because my blood pressure skyrockets when I play randos that do nothing but rollout and try to scramble with their QBs. Once the dynasty starts, I'll be OK, as I'm not taking it as serious as I would be in previous years.

I've found if I don't play with OSU, I'm not as intent to get the ball to star players (COUGH COUGH Blackmon) to get stats, which usually helps me not throw stupid, stupid, stupid interceptions. I can spread the ball out and seem to play smarter, haha.
Just to reinforce your rando theory. Wisconsin ran the ball 30 times and was 1-6 passing. No clue how he beat me other than my Turnover binge. I played an A&M fan and they ran different forms of punt block/return then would audible out at the last second. so basically had like 7 DB's on the field or more. It took me a half to figure out to just run right at the son of bitch. On D I had to fan my D line and play with a DE to mirror him or he'd take off. Once I forced him to throw it was over.

I've never played in an online dynasty where people did cheap crap like that UNLESS they were down and it was something the pull out in the 4th to try and get back in it. I'm ok with that most of the time.

leprechaun7

Erin Go Bragh
A/V Subscriber
Feb 26, 2007
Kansas City, MO
Just to reinforce your rando theory. Wisconsin ran the ball 30 times and was 1-6 passing. No clue how he beat me other than my Turnover binge. I played an A&M fan and they ran different forms of punt block/return then would audible out at the last second. so basically had like 7 DB's on the field or more. It took me a half to figure out to just run right at the son of bitch. On D I had to fan my D line and play with a DE to mirror him or he'd take off. Once I forced him to throw it was over.

I've never played in an online dynasty where people did cheap crap like that UNLESS they were down and it was something the pull out in the 4th to try and get back in it. I'm ok with that most of the time.
It amazes me how many people do dumb stuff like that and can still have a winning online record. Makes me mad. I'm a pretty straightforward player, not really any gimmicks or tricks with me.

As an aside, one of my best friends who graduated from OU a couple years ago bought the game on 360 and started a dynasty with them. He made the CPU randomly generate names for players, and Landry Jones' name is Dan Dingle.

PokeVille

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2008
Great, It didn't count the game where the guy quit in the 3rd qtr and now I lost again. Running QB's are trash.

This FIFA demo is sweet btw, It took me a long time to get used to it but now I really like it. May have to purchase

CrabStuffedFish

It's Just Childish
Nov 22, 2009
Illwater, OK
www.wix.com

Yeah I have. I had one that was Pistol heavy with some Ace, I-form and a few shotgun sets sprinkled in. I liked it a lot. Had my plays that I love running in there. My audibles were set perfectly. Then it apparantly got corrupt and it wouldnt load. I have started another one but I havent had time to polish it like I did the other.

My roommate is convinced that creating my own playbook is cheating but I figure I would take the best of the playbooks I like and finally make one that I have use for. Cause I like certain shotgun sets but I am bad at the spread. I enjoy running out of the pistol but most pistol offenses dont have the under center formations I like.

My offense is strange but it gets the job done I guess. With the playbook made its really hard not to go into hurry up offense mode. I hope nobody gets offended by that. I try not to make it so heavy but when I find a mismatch I want to exploit it as often as I can. And with the custom playbook its guaranteed that I will find the play I want in hurry up mode every single time.

leprechaun7

Erin Go Bragh
A/V Subscriber
Feb 26, 2007
Kansas City, MO
My offense is strange but it gets the job done I guess. With the playbook made its really hard not to go into hurry up offense mode. I hope nobody gets offended by that. I try not to make it so heavy but when I find a mismatch I want to exploit it as often as I can. And with the custom playbook its guaranteed that I will find the play I want in hurry up mode every single time.
Absolutely no problem with that...it's something that actual football teams do...running a punt return/block defensive formation and calling an audible before every play, however...