Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
Denver
The f'n scrutiny needs to continue.

We've had NY's situation shoved down our throats, daily, for weeks & weeks, & the country mourned for their misery. All the while, we didn't know that thousands of COVID patients were ordered back into nursing homes.

Absolutely unreal.
In the ideal world where would the elderly "recovered" COVID patients go that had already paid for a room in a nursing home?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Javits Center, comfort ship Mercy, for starters.

Mandating that those patients be returned to environments housing the absolutely most vulnerable was heavy handed & stupid.
Neither of those seem like they would be able to care for someone who needs around the clock care.

Mercy left NY on April 30th. It was originally supposed to be used as overflow on non Covid patients.

Javits didn't have the ICU beds, operating rooms, or equipment necessary to handle patients who might relapse or need surgery because of an underlying condition. They also had a shortage of PPE.

Also, who would be paying for this? Given the patient in question had already paid for a room at a nursing home?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Neither of those seem like they would be able to care for someone who needs around the clock care.

Mercy left NY on April 30th. It was originally supposed to be used as overflow on non Covid patients.

Javits didn't have the ICU beds, operating rooms, or equipment necessary to handle patients who might relapse or need surgery because of an underlying condition. They also had a shortage of PPE.

Also, who would be paying for this? Given the patient in question had already paid for a room at a nursing home?
You support the states of NY, NJ & CA mandating that those homes take back in COVID patients?

Btw, CA saw how silly it was & repealed it 3 days later.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Sounds like you want a nursing home to be able kick someone out who has paid because they got sick? You also want the government to socialize the response required?
Sounds like I don't want the governor demanding covid patients be put in a facility that is the last place they should be.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Sounds like I don't want the governor demanding covid patients be put in a facility that is the last place they should be.
For better or worse that is the home. They have no place else to go in many scenarios. In a super fast moving scenario you have to put people somewhere. I would think they would try to have "wings" dedicated to Covid and such. I don't think putting them in pop up Navy ships or hospitals is a real solution either.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
For better or worse that is the home. They have no place else to go in many scenarios. In a super fast moving scenario you have to put people somewhere. I would think they would try to have "wings" dedicated to Covid and such. I don't think putting them in pop up Navy ships or hospitals is a real solution either.
Put someone not as sick in there and leave them in the hospital. Your mental gymnastics is really fascinating.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
So you do support the states mandating this. Got it.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
You either do or don't, & you do. I don't.
OK, so then we must deny people with these then right?
rhinovirus
Salmonella
E Coli
Strep
MRSA
SARS
NoroVirus
Tuberculosis
Influenza

A lot of these are just as deadly and cause outbreaks and deaths in nursing homes all the time. Better have a government provided place for all these recovered patients too.

I'll get to work on calling all these diseases overblown. Then simultaneously act like they are huge deals when it helps my world view.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
If Alex Jones retweets something, you just take it as gospel?
Unknown to you I actually watched the interview with the mayor. Some of it on ONN and some on CNN, I saw and heard his own words ..so I knew the story was legit....next time I'll select a better source for a legit story. It wasn't like I saw this from Maddie and took it for gospel