Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
The model was updated with new data over the weekend. That’s when the decrease occurred.
I submit the model was flat wrong from the beginning. This model had Alabama drop from %1 in projected deaths three days ago to no where near the top now. Four of the top five states in deaths in the model just two days ago are not in the top 20 now.

I certainly understand that projecting impact is extremely difficult. But states and cities are making decisions based on this data that is negatively effecting lives. Hillcrest Medical is laying off 600 employees because we stopped allowing regular doctor visits and elective surgeries.

Because the modeling the government is relying on is so freaking wrong and unreliable we are actually furloughing medical personnel and nurses! The very same people that we think should be working! Asinine.

Jan 14, 2006
I submit the model was flat wrong from the beginning. This model had Alabama drop from %1 in projected deaths three days ago to no where near the top now. Four of the top five states in deaths in the model just two days ago are not in the top 20 now.

I certainly understand that projecting impact is extremely difficult. But states and cities are making decisions based on this data that is negatively effecting lives. Hillcrest Medical is laying off 600 employees because we stopped allowing regular doctor visits and elective surgeries.

Because the modeling the government is relying on is so freaking wrong and unreliable we are actually furloughing medical personnel and nurses! The very same people that we think should be working! Asinine.
The good thing about this model is that they update it with new data. The more data, the more accurate it will be. The fact that the numbers are dropping as the data increases is heartening.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Just saw on the news. According to Wallethub (who ever that is) Oklahoma is the least aggressive in preparing and combating Covid 19 . Top ten state ha! We’re #1 oh great.

Mar 11, 2006
Just saw on the news. According to Wallethub (who ever that is) Oklahoma is the least aggressive in preparing and combating Covid 19 . Top ten state ha! We’re #1 oh great.
Does it say why we were least aggressive? Was ”the news” saying that because they used the old incorrect data on number of Oklahomans tested?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Wisconsin Supreme Court over rode Gov's order to move the primary vote to June 9th.

Today the vote is happening. and this is a horrible time for it.

Milwaukee (a city of 600,000) has reduced their polling locations from 180 down to 5 polling locations in the city. Reports there are hundreds waiting in line with poll volunteers trying to enforce social distancing measures while the avg wait of hours in line is going on
So who's bright idea of reducing polling locations down to 5? That's on them. Sounds like it might have been done to exacerbate the "injustice" element of it.
Exactly. The supreme court only followed the law as written. State government waited too long to move the election and now they want to throw a hissy fit.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
IMHO is the government wheels don’t turn fast enough to keep people from having to vote while endangering themselves to a pandemic, a hissy fit is in order!

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I think the best measure is deaths/million. In that we are tied for 18th at 17 deaths per million. Of course the deck is stacked a little in our favor because our population is less dense than average for the US.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I would agree IF the golf course had been enforcing social distancing. There is no additional restriction on party size, no additional restrictions on carts, the only thing they did was close the club house. I don't see how my risk is any lower with me and 4 of my friends riding around with two other groups of 5 drinking beer and sharing clubs than if I went and sat down at Buffalo Wild Wings with them.

The private course here has been enforcing the social distancing plan. They only allow one person per cart (unless you live in the same house). There are no parties allowed at all. Etc. The muni course has just suggested these things.

I am simply stating that walking up to the course with a couple of my friends and renting one cart and playing a round of golf does not follow the same rules that the city is forcing me follow elsewhere in the city.
You sure talk a lot of crap for someone who has no clue what he's talking about.

IF you follow the rules:

1. You and 4 of your friends can't play together. Foursomes are the limit.
2. You and your friends can't rent one cart. It's one cart PER PERSON unless you live in the same household.
3. You can't share clubs. That has ALWAYS been the policy, nothingto do with Covid-19. Each player must have their own set of clubs.
4. "The Muni" isn't suggesting - the Covid-19 policies have been in place for several weeks. Yes, some cheating occured early, but hardly any cheating the past 2 weeks.
5. Carts are washed after every round (no change). They are then sprayed and wiped down with disinfectant.
6. No scorecards or pencils are left on the carts. You get one of each when you start (IF you request them). They are thrown out if left on a cart.
7. There are no rakes or ball washers on the course. You are not supposed to touch flags or pins. Off-course restrooms are locked.
8. A group of my friends asked if they could drink post-round beers in the parking lot last week. Pro said no, social distance applied in the parking lot as well as on course.
9. Concession (snacks, beer, powerade, soda, etc.) sales are averaging less than $100/day, down from a norm of $600-800/ day.
10. As of today, no non-residents of Bartlesville are allowed, unless they are already annual members (there are a few from Dewey, Ochelata, etc.).
11. To insinuate that the social distance plan at the Country Club is any better than the program at the Muni is asinine. One of the city councilmen who plays daily at The Club very favorably compared the two mitigation plans. Also, contrary to what many think, the professional staffs at both courses work well together and have had significant contact to discuss how best to address Covid issues.

If you think the city is making money on this deal, you are dumber than your previous posts would indicate (as unlikely as that seems). They are losing a huge revenues by enforcing one/cart rule. They are losing an average of $500/day on concessions (vs normal ops). Golf course groundskeeping has to go on whether anyone is playing or not. Sure, some idiot(s) could violate the rules, just like they do at Walmart. But at the Muni there is a built in cadre of old farts who would report you for driving too close to a green, much less for violating rules that could deprive everyone of one of the few recreations still available.

It makes more sense to close every public park and the Pathfinder Parkway than the golf course. People walking on those paths routinely encounter others more often and more intimately than I do my playing partners on the golf course. I haven't heard one argument for closing a golf course stronger than "I can't do everything I want, why do those guys get to play golf?"

I was actually quite proud of the City Council last night for their reasonable and logical evaluation of the situation.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You sure talk a lot of crap for someone who has no clue what he's talking about.

IF you follow the rules:

1. You and 4 of your friends can't play together. Foursomes are the limit.
2. You and your friends can't rent one cart. It's one cart PER PERSON unless you live in the same household.
3. You can't share clubs. That has ALWAYS been the policy, nothingto do with Covid-19. Each player must have their own set of clubs.
4. "The Muni" isn't suggesting - the Covid-19 policies have been in place for several weeks. Yes, some cheating occured early, but hardly any cheating the past 2 weeks.
5. Carts are washed after every round (no change). They are then sprayed and wiped down with disinfectant.
6. No scorecards or pencils are left on the carts. You get one of each when you start (IF you request them). They are thrown out if left on a cart.
7. There are no rakes or ball washers on the course. You are not supposed to touch flags or pins. Off-course restrooms are locked.
8. A group of my friends asked if they could drink post-round beers in the parking lot last week. Pro said no, social distance applied in the parking lot as well as on course.
9. Concession (snacks, beer, powerade, soda, etc.) sales are averaging less than $100/day, down from a norm of $600-800/ day.
10. As of today, no non-residents of Bartlesville are allowed, unless they are already annual members (there are a few from Dewey, Ochelata, etc.).
11. To insinuate that the social distance plan at the Country Club is any better than the program at the Muni is asinine. One of the city councilmen who plays daily at The Club very favorably compared the two mitigation plans. Also, contrary to what many think, the professional staffs at both courses work well together and have had significant contact to discuss how best to address Covid issues.

If you think the city is making money on this deal, you are dumber than your previous posts would indicate (as unlikely as that seems). They are losing a huge revenues by enforcing one/cart rule. They are losing an average of $500/day on concessions (vs normal ops). Golf course groundskeeping has to go on whether anyone is playing or not. Sure, some idiot(s) could violate the rules, just like they do at Walmart. But at the Muni there is a built in cadre of old farts who would report you for driving too close to a green, much less for violating rules that could deprive everyone of one of the few recreations still available.

It makes more sense to close every public park and the Pathfinder Parkway than the golf course. People walking on those paths routinely encounter others more often and more intimately than I do my playing partners on the golf course. I haven't heard one argument for closing a golf course stronger than "I can't do everything I want, why do those guys get to play golf?"

I was actually quite proud of the City Council last night for their reasonable and logical evaluation of the situation.
Well damn! You almost went full Col. Nathan Jessup on him.