Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
So, every state has a different cases per million. And every county (except those reporting zero) in every state has a different cases per million. Which of the 50 states, or 1,330 county stats are correct?

What binman is reporting is just a number, a meaningless number. But he posts it like it’s news. It’s only news to those that don’t know any better, and now they’re misinformed.

I know he fancies himself as Walter Cronkite - which we all appreciate when it’s real news. But posting every friggin internet/twitter information/sensational bit without regard to its meaningfulness/usefulness is just silly and quite annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You must find things like the Dow Jones and S&P pointless too. I mean each sector has its' own number.
Nice try. Okay, maybe idiotic try.

The virus is indiscriminate.
Last I checked, investing in the market and all it’s sectors is quite discriminate.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
So, every state has a different cases per million. And every county (except those reporting zero) in every state has a different cases per million. Which of the 50 states, or 1,330 county stats are correct?

What binman is reporting is just a number, a meaningless number. But he posts it like it’s news. It’s only news to those that don’t know any better, and now they’re misinformed.

I know he fancies himself as Walter Cronkite - which we all appreciate when it’s real news. But posting every friggin internet/twitter information/sensational bit without regard to its meaningfulness/usefulness is just silly and quite annoying.

I'm not annoyed, and really appreciate this thread. I think everyone knows that these numbers are fluid, and not indicative of what the final numbers will look like, but it is what we have for now.
I’m only annoyed by false statistics posted as new news. But if you’re not, bully for you.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Doc, can you splan to us common folk...what virus "shed" is)...I got a feeling it anit the wood shed out back...

Thank ye.
Sorry...shedding is just the virus given off attached to small particles usually of moisture that is given off by our lungs and mouth when we breathe or cough. Have you ever sat in a dark room with side light...and then coughed ? You will see large particles that soon drop. But there are many smaller particles that float almost like a little cloud hanging in the air for awhile. Anyone close to that cloud will breath in those small moisture particles containing the virus. A big outbreak example occurred in Washington State when a church choir despite recommendations met to practice singing. An unusually large number became infected and many died.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Are you saying those 18 Ohio residents lives weren't worth it? Social distancing should cause HUGE reductions to the numbers of traffic fatalities nationwide...the less people on the road the less we "spread" accidents..if it hasn't we aren't doing our job!
No, I'm saying that statistically the difference is insignificant, they are within the margin of error of each other.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Shall I go through and put together a huge post of all his inaccuracies and fallacies? Why anyone would buy into all this is beyond me. I guess they ridiculed the kid who said the emperor has no clothes, so I should probably expect the same from you sewing sisters.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver

Last I checked, investing in the market and all it’s sectors is quite discriminate.

So in this case the discriminate would be a state or county breakdown as relating to the stock market's industry sector. Numbers still roll up to a total summary. I feel like this discussion is a lost cause though.

Mar 11, 2006
Then why in the world do you support the Trumpster because he’s a master of that bullshit.
I know you were not addressing me, but I will give you my opinion.

I wish both the media and our politicians would give us truth. But we know that politicians spin things constantly. Very few don’t. The media is supposed to be a source of facts. Sadly, they are anything but.

There is no denying that CNN is not a reliable source of truth and fall over themselves to spin things anti-Trump. I would agree that Trump is also not a reliable source of truth and he falls over himself making everything about him.

I wish Trump was more honest, just like I wish Obama was more honest, but neither had that as a strong suit. However, policy wise, I am much more aligned with Trump than I am with Biden ... and certainly way more than Bernie.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I’m only annoyed by false statistics posted as new news. But if you’re not, bully for you.

Then don't click on the thread, pretty simple. Wait 6 to 12 months to get your info.
Nah, I’ll let you and others eat up numbers that may be 400, 500, 600% understated and then rehash their relevancy, or lack thereof.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

So in this case the discriminate would be a state or county breakdown as relating to the stock market's industry sector. Numbers still roll up to a total summary. I feel like this discussion is a lost cause though.
Clueless