Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
That's why I said "that one" and not him. I think he got it.
I saw where these ANTIFA guys just broke into a medical warehouse & stole a bunch of supplies, mostly PPE. Those are obviously a critical, critical need right now & the stolen ones could actually result in people dying. Could be fake, but it just astounds me that someone would think stealing medical supplies at a time like this is okay.:whistle:

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
So, you feel informed by bogus numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are not bogus. They are incomplete. Yes, most people feel better knowing as much as possible and extrapolating from there.
So, every state has a different cases per million. And every county (except those reporting zero) in every state has a different cases per million. Which of the 50 states, or 1,330 county stats are correct?

What binman is reporting is just a number, a meaningless number. But he posts it like it’s news. It’s only news to those that don’t know any better, and now they’re misinformed.

I know he fancies himself as Walter Cronkite - which we all appreciate when it’s real news. But posting every friggin internet/twitter information/sensational bit without regard to its meaningfulness/usefulness is just silly and quite annoying.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
So, every state has a different cases per million. And every county (except those reporting zero) in every state has a different cases per million. Which of the 50 states, or 1,330 county stats are correct?

What binman is reporting is just a number, a meaningless number. But he posts it like it’s news. It’s only news to those that don’t know any better, and now they’re misinformed.

I know he fancies himself as Walter Cronkite - which we all appreciate when it’s real news. But posting every friggin internet/twitter information/sensational bit without regard to its meaningfulness/usefulness is just silly and quite annoying.

You must find things like the Dow Jones and S&P pointless too. I mean each sector has its' own number.

Nov 6, 2010

I'm not annoyed, and really appreciate this thread. I think everyone knows that these numbers are fluid, and not indicative of what the final numbers will look like, but it is what we have for now.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

The Twitter-verse is the ultimate Prisoner of the Moment tool right now. Sure, there's legit info on it, but it's own structure severely limits any ability to provide context.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
This is pretty interesting. It is the R0 for several virii that cause respiratory tract infections. The "human coronavirus" mentioned here is NOT COVID-19, it is plain old human coronavirus (HCoV) that makes the rounds every year that, along with rhinovirus, causes "common colds". Note that the R0 of COVID-19 is similar to HCoV, and both are more virulent than rhinovirus or influenza.

1585772037902.png

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
But we aren't telling them as much as possible...we are ONLY telling them about deaths from this virus...not death tolls from other things...we are purposely scaring them so they lock down, IMHO.
If we were also telling about deaths by traffic accidents during the pandemic, would that make you happy, or would you cry "fear mongering" about that too?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Yes...I saw that too. In addition reports say that the amount of virus shed varies from persons infected.
My guess (or hope) is that the mortality rate will be less than 1% but with large numbers infected this will still be a massive number.
Doc, can you splan to us common folk...what virus "shed" is)...I got a feeling it anit the wood shed out back...

Thank ye.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Should be lower than that in 2020 considering the stay in place rules...I would think anyway. No question these rules should save lives in several areas not just traffic fatalities, but in numbers of abortions preformed and flu deaths...I would like to see those numbers. Flu should be reduced in direct proportion...Abortion ought to be zero...due to it being elective...Nationally.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
That is an insignificant difference.
Are you saying those 18 Ohio residents lives weren't worth it? Social distancing should cause HUGE reductions to the numbers of traffic fatalities nationwide...the less people on the road the less we "spread" accidents..if it hasn't we aren't doing our job!

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
STOP FEAR MONGERING!!!
Fear mongering I'll give you fear mongering. 4 of my daughters coworkers have tested positive and she still lives at home while working her way through school. How much does that increase my odds of being exposed. I may end up scaring myself if I think about it to long.