Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Who said I was offended? The article is freaking ridiculous. The coronavirus doesn’t attack people because they have black skin or Native American.
Yes, people that are lower income or have less access to health care potentially may be more impacted, but not due to color. It is due to simply the fact that lower income individuals have more underlying conditions. There are also a lot of poor white people that will be effected. The author should focus on needs of those in lower incomes, not by race. More identity politics crap that completely misses the root cause.
If the author was honest, the author would mention that relief is being heavily skewed to lower income families.
You declared the article racist. Does that not imply it offended you? You followed up by calling it "freaking ridiculous" again showing how it offended you.

The second paragraph starts "The virus is an equal opportunity crisis". Then goes on to break down how certain groups are more at risk. How Indians are fighting for funding.

Simply looking at data points based on race doesn't make something racist. Just liking articles written about age affects of the virus are not ageist.

We have a Department of Health and Human Services Office of Minority Health and the article is based around their findings. OMG alert that authorities!

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Wow just heard a story on the news of small rural cities in Illinois who are continuing education.

In order to combat unreliable internet access many of the school districts have turned their school buses into mobile wi-fi hot spots and driven them around and parked them in different places all over the district.

Parents can then drive their student to the closes hot spot bus where they can connect a laptop or phone and download the assignments. When the assignments complete, they can then drive back to the bus and upload them to the school

Freaking INGENIOUS

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Wow just heard a story on the news of small rural cities in Illinois who are continuing education.

In order to combat unreliable internet access many of the school districts have turned their school buses into mobile wi-fi hot spots and driven them around and parked them in different places all over the district.

Parents can then drive their student to the closes hot spot bus where they can connect a laptop or phone and download the assignments. When the assignments complete, they can then drive back to the bus and upload them to the school

Freaking INGENIOUS
That's awesome!

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Who said I was offended? The article is freaking ridiculous. The coronavirus doesn’t attack people because they have black skin or Native American.
Yes, people that are lower income or have less access to health care potentially may be more impacted, but not due to color. It is due to simply the fact that lower income individuals have more underlying conditions. .
I often think about this when I see the race card thrown. If you remove the word race and replace with "income" you find the same results. Maybe we need to figure out why race = finances to some extent, but many of these issues tied to race really are about money.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Amazon workers in New York warehouses threaten walk out unless the company shuts down one of their NY warehouses and cleans the building after 11 workers at that NY Amazon warehouse have tested positive

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
This is the resistance govt entity to the current regime in leadership...so take with a grain of salt. Ruling regime is reporting much much much lower numbers than this.
The ruling regime is reporting official deaths at 2,640

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
I often think about this when I see the race card thrown. If you remove the word race and replace with "income" you find the same results. Maybe we need to figure out why race = finances to some extent, but many of these issues tied to race really are about money.
Except for Indians Tribes which have a largely separate system of laws and healthcare. Which a large portion of the article was about. Still about money but a lot about how their health system will respond to this crisis. Something that might interest people in say 20+ States.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Scientists have already identified the virus from the animal world and how it mutated. There are millions of viruses in animals that we have not categorized and studied yet so this was simply an inevitable occurrence, yet some need a big conspiracy theory.
Seemed pretty clearly to be Chinese government propaganda. Several chunks of this are demonstrably false, but it would take forever to debunk each one and even harder when you have an internet firewall around an entire country.

Mar 11, 2006
You declared the article racist. Does that not imply it offended you? You followed up by calling it "freaking ridiculous" again showing how it offended you.

The second paragraph starts "The virus is an equal opportunity crisis". Then goes on to break down how certain groups are more at risk. How Indians are fighting for funding.

Simply looking at data points based on race doesn't make something racist. Just liking articles written about age affects of the virus are not ageist.

We have a Department of Health and Human Services Office of Minority Health and the article is based around their findings. OMG alert that authorities!
Apparently you, and the author of that silly article, believe that looking at data points based on race means it must be racial. With zero understanding of core cause and what is the dominant variable. Complete miss the underlying reason for reasons some people will have a harder time with virus than others. I have seen zero evidence that being black causes you to die more than being white.

The fact is the virus does not care about race. It attacks and harms people (mostly) at different levels based on the individuals age and health level. To call out one variable that has absolutely nothing to do with reasons people may be harmed is disingenuous and fake news.

The variable the author should have cited as income. The only reason to make the article about race was what we have seen a lot of people do. Divisive identity politics.

For example, it would be horrible and wrong for someone to write an article that minorities are benefiting from the coronavirus at a much higher level. And that the government is helping them at a higher level than white people. That would be incredibly disingenuous and divisive. But, using same facts as author of USA Today article and ignoring underlying the real variable, a much higher percentage of minorities are receiving stimulus checks than others.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Crazy scene in Brooklyn. Video of bodies being loaded in a semi. I just watched a live interview with this hospital. said this is a refrigerated truck and was given to them by the city. Said the morgue only holds 30 bodies and the truck was provided so families could say goodbye to their loved ones (because they were not allowed in to see them in person while they were alive) and not have to do so in a scene where bodies are stacked on top of each other because the morgue is overflowing right now

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Republicans are spreading information from a study that found this was very possible and needs more research. Oh my what a travesty...
China has already ordered all males who had COVID-19 and recovered to get their hormone and reproductive networks checked out.

In Italy males out pace females in positive test 2:1 so there is strong evidence the virus is more aggressive in males

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
China has already ordered all males who had COVID-19 and recovered to get their hormone and reproductive networks checked out.

In Italy males out pace females in positive test 2:1 so there is strong evidence the virus is more aggressive in males
If this holds true and holds true for even mild cases of Covid 19 then it could be a larger fallout than the disease deaths considering they still think it will infect the majority of the population before its done. I also don't trust China to tell the truth about those tests.