Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
Meanwhile, Rhode Island is going to be pulling over cars with NY plates and quarantining them, because the response, particularly in NYC, has been horrendus.
One my my team members lives in Providence. He told me about this today and his car has Connecticut plates so he was wondering if he might get stopped.

Cuomo just did an interview and said he would sue Rhode Island if they did that. And that he doesn’t think Trump’s statement about a 3-state quarantine is plausible or legal.
BTW, I agree with Cuomo 100% on both.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
And that he doesn’t think Trump’s statement about a 3-state quarantine is plausible or legal.
Trump has never been one to sweat the details like plausibility or legality before throwing out one of his ideas.

Oct 30, 2007
Trump considering enforced travel ban in 3 states

Never thought I would see a POTUS ever utter these words

New Yorkers are under a stay at home order, and they've been asked to self quarantine for 14 days if they leave the state. I don't see why this would be necessary unless they're blatantly disregarding these guidelines.

Oct 30, 2007
https://www.stwnewspress.com/commun...cle_6f9b2e4a-7142-11ea-8185-3f19748ed221.html
City of Stillwater to issue Shelter in Place order
Stillwater Mayor Will Joyce announced Saturday that the City of Stillwater will be following Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Norman in issuing orders for residents to shelter in place that will probably take effect Tuesday morning.

The details regarding enforcement and application are under development and will be discussed at length when the City Council meets at 5:30 p.m. on Monday.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
525 died yesterday in the US. Seems to be growing by 100+ a day atm. Thankfully the Italian death are somewhat slowing. They still had nearly a 1000 die yesterday but the growth has slowed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
How long has Italy been in lockdown now?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
We are walking a very fine line right now. Everybody (mostly anyways) wants to mitigate the strain of this virus on the healthcare system and minimize the loss of lives, but the toll on the economy is not a weightless factor in this equation.

I feel for the healthcare workers on the front lines. Losing lives to disease is never fun, but whatever decisions we make as a society, the healthcare workers are the people who will see, first hand, the fruits of those decisions the most and they will bare the greatest weight of our (leaders') decisions.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa

State

Russian Bot
Mar 15, 2007
TX
Trump considering enforced travel ban in 3 states

Never thought I would see a POTUS ever utter these words

https://twitter.com/glennkirschner2/status/1243950797181915136?s=19
I've been saying something like this needs to be considered. If people are free to travel everywhere it will continue to spread. Trump may not have the authority to quarantine a state (though emergency power may give him the authority), but I bet he has the authority to shut down the interstates which would slow it down.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Someone needs to ask our arrogant Mayor if he's pulling the strings or George Keiser...cause I'm almost POSTIVE it's the latter...who lives here part time and San Fran the rest of the time...I agree...way over the top with our RINO Mayor..He's been good up to now...but his estimate of one model showing 20,000 people hospitalized in Tulsa with covid-19 BETTER NOT be the case.
It may not need to be close to 1000 hospitalized. Rudy Giuliani interviewed a New York doctor who claims his hydroxychloroquine treatment has effectively helped as many as 699 patients. No deaths. Key is to start drug treatment before they need hospitalization. Hopefully, the news is not too good to be true.
https://rudygiulianics.com/podcast/

The French doctor's second study with more patients also turned out very well:

"We need an effective treatment to cure COVID-19 patients and to decrease the virus carriage duration. In 80 in-patients receiving a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin we noted a clinical improvement in all but one 86 year-old patient who died, and one 74 year-old patient still in intensive care unit. A rapid fall of nasopharyngeal viral load tested by qPCR was noted, with 83% negative at Day7, and 93% at Day8. Virus cultures from patient respiratory samples were negative in 97.5% patients at Day5. This allowed patients to rapidly discharge from highly contagious wards with a mean length of stay of five days. We believe other teams should urgently evaluate this cost-effective therapeutic strategy, to both avoid the spread of the disease and treat patients as soon as possible before severe respiratory irreversible complications take hold."
https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/COVID-IHU-2-1.pdf

Last edited:

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
One my my team members lives in Providence. He told me about this today and his car has Connecticut plates so he was wondering if he might get stopped.

Cuomo just did an interview and said he would sue Rhode Island if they did that. And that he doesn’t think Trump’s statement about a 3-state quarantine is plausible or legal.
So, serious question, if a New Yorker has a baby in Rhode Island right now, does that then become an anchor baby and they get to stay in Rhode Island?

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
We are walking a very fine line right now. Everybody (mostly anyways) wants to mitigate the strain of this virus on the healthcare system and minimize the loss of lives, but the toll on the economy is not a weightless factor in this equation.

I feel for the healthcare workers on the front lines. Losing lives to disease is never fun, but whatever decisions we make as a society, the healthcare workers are the people who will see, first hand, the fruits of those decisions the most and they will bare the greatest weight of our (leaders') decisions.

It isn't the virus killing people that will do the real damage, it is the resources taken away from treating everything else that will do the real damage.
http://www.orangepower.com/threads/...io-political-discussions.267586/#post-4053629

Last edited: