Wudtee enters name in transfer portal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...eviewing-college-football-transfer-guidelines

Interesting stat from the article: "The NCAA says 29 FBS football players have asked for immediate eligibility since the start of the 2018-19 academic year and 19 of them (65.5 percent) have been granted their request."
I would be very curious to see where the 19 enrolled and the other 10 enrolled.

Did Isreal Antwine receive his waiver? With his learning disability and the support staff for him turning over at CU, he has an excellent case... But I have doubts the NCAA will grant the waiver.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I would be very curious to see where the 19 enrolled and the other 10 enrolled.

Did Isreal Antwine receive his waiver? With his learning disability and the support staff for him turning over at CU, he has an excellent case... But I have doubts the NCAA will grant the waiver.
Justin Fields from UGA to tOSU is the most high profile I can think of.

I think it shows a major shifting of the tide to find out that 2 of 3 asking for immediate eligibility have been granted it.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Justin Fields from UGA to tOSU is the most high profile I can think of.

I think it shows a major shifting of the tide to find out that 2 of 3 asking for immediate eligibility have been granted it.
Right so if the 19 that were approved were all transferees to traditional blue bloods... and the 10 that have been denied were all transferees to schools like OSU...

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Right so if the 19 that were approved were all transferees to traditional blue bloods... and the 10 that have been denied were all transferees to schools like OSU...
Oh I'm with you, believe me. Amazing how tOSU now has a 5star at QB eligible immediately.

Did some more looking, I'd forgotten Hurts to OU, Kelly Bryant from Clemson to Mizzou.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
See, this is where it could get interesting in the next few years, particularly with the XFL. They're not adhering to the NFL age rule, so a kid who has a breakout freshman season could wind up playing there & making some coin while he waits for NFL eligibility.

Imagine, for instance, if they threw even a $1million dollar deal at Trevor Lawrence right now. The league gets star power & the kid gets to focus on football.
If the XFL survives this is a BIG deal. As I posted above, the great majority of HS recruits and underclassmen have zero value to the NFL and there has been no other org that would be willing to pay for their services, so the value of the football skill is now zero. Underclassmen with a legitimate alternative value could completely change college football, at least for a few. Most HS recruits and Freshmen aren't physically mature enough yet to play pro ball.

Nov 28, 2008
Their value is what someone (or organization) is willing to pay for it. For all but a very, very few of the superstar athletes graduating high school and entering college, their football talent is worth virtually zero.

They are not worth much to the NFL at that point because they are not yet physically mature or football "mentally" ready to play NFL football. What organization is going to give them about $250,000/yr current benefit package, plus the value of a college degree for future earnings, or anything close to that, other than a university?

That answer is nobody. Therefore other than college sports the athletic value of high school recruits and most young college football players is just about nil. If, based on their perceived playing ability in college a player becomes of value to the NFL - they can (and will) leave early for the NFL draft. But until then most have very little to any alternative financial value. What a great deal!!
Oh. it's higher than you think due to network effects. The NFL is a manifestation (proves) that.

Oct 30, 2007
Apparently Arlington Hambright pulled his name off of the transfer portal when Henson left. So he'll be back next year. That should help our depth.
I guess the coaches didn't let Hambright come back to the program after he pulled his name out of the transfer portal. He's transferring to Colorado.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Oh. it's higher than you think due to network effects. The NFL is a manifestation (proves) that.
Not sure I get where you are saying. The point I was making was the value of a high school recruit/under grad college football player for his football talent is just about zero outside of college athletic programs. That is unless the XFL, which is willing to draft undergrad players, takes off.

Aug 16, 2012
I guess the coaches didn't let Hambright come back to the program after he pulled his name out of the transfer portal. He's transferring to Colorado.
Is the series of events really a guess or do you have some information indicating the coaches would not let him back? According to the NCAA website, "notice of Transfer" paperwork has to be filled out prior to a school putting your name in the portal. Would seem to me that the form would be pretty definitive that a kid is leaving. I guess they could rescind the transfer, but seems to me if they went through all that, the writing is on the wall.

Oct 30, 2007
Is the series of events really a guess or do you have some information indicating the coaches would not let him back? According to the NCAA website, "notice of Transfer" paperwork has to be filled out prior to a school putting your name in the portal. Would seem to me that the form would be pretty definitive that a kid is leaving. I guess they could rescind the transfer, but seems to me if they went through all that, the writing is on the wall.
RA reported that he pulled his name from the transfer portal after Henson left, and that he wanted to stay and play for Coach Dickey. I was guessing that the coaches decided not to let him come back based off that report. But I guess it's possible that the report could've been false, or maybe Hambright changed his mind.

Anyways, sorry for posting misinformation.

Aug 16, 2012
RA reported that he pulled his name from the transfer portal after Henson left, and that he wanted to stay and play for Coach Dickey. I was guessing that the coaches decided not to let him come back based off that report. But I guess it's possible that the report could've been false, or maybe Hambright changed his mind.

May not be misinformation. Part of my overall question to this whole portal thing is how information is being released. Seems until a kid is actually gone and it becomes public knowledge that he is gone, student privacy laws would prevent disseminating information about the situation beforehand. I would not even think that signing a "Notice of Intent to Transfer" would be something student privacy laws would permit to be publicized.

Nov 28, 2008
Not sure I get where you are saying. The point I was making was the value of a high school recruit/under grad college football player for his football talent is just about zero outside of college athletic programs. That is unless the XFL, which is willing to draft undergrad players, takes off.
OK. Nevermind. I thought you were talking bout differentials, e.g., 5 star QB's versus 1 star TE's. My mistake.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma

Don't worry about it, RA burns us all alot. You would like to think with the access he has he wouldn't put out bad info but he does it quite a bit.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk