Wudtee enters name in transfer portal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
I think it opens opportunity for us to grab some proven talent where we may have missed in recruiting.
To be clear, I have never said it is a bad thing and yes, hopefully we will take advantage of it. I just have reservations based on some schools, like Alabama and Michigan to name a few, who play loose with recruiting rules, in particular, grey shirts. they can convince kids to delay enrollment so the school can play with recruiting numbers, then if a better prospect comes around, kick the grey shirt kid to the curb with no ramifications. I am a pessimist and believe those like Saban will stoop at nothing to skirt rules for their benefit, not the kids. Hell, he grey shirted a 4-star DE last year.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
To be clear, I have never said it is a bad thing and yes, hopefully we will take advantage of it. I just have reservations based on some schools, like Alabama and Michigan to name a few, who play loose with recruiting rules, in particular, grey shirts. they can convince kids to delay enrollment so the school can play with recruiting numbers, then if a better prospect comes around, kick the grey shirt kid to the curb with no ramifications. I am a pessimist and believe those like Saban will stoop at nothing to skirt rules for their benefit, not the kids. Hell, he grey shirted a 4-star DE last year.
Alabama already has an insane advantage in recruiting as it is. If anything this opens the opportunity for some of those backshelf 4 stars to leave Bama for other programs when they realize they are never going to play.

Nov 6, 2010
I think you make a good point in the fact this is new, and there will be loopholes taken advantage of. But I'm sure adjustments will be made along the way to address those. Just part of the process.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Mark Cooper...

He was OSU's backup quarterback in its first two games of this season but ended the year fourth on the depth chart.

Wudtee completed 3-of-8 passes for 33 yards and a touchdown in an OSU uniform, rushing for 110 yards on 15 attempts.

His departure leaves OSU with three scholarship quarterbacks entering the spring.

Only Dru Brown, who transferred from Hawaii, has appeared in a college football game. Spencer Sanders, a Denton, Texas, native, redshirted this season. True freshman Brendan Costello, from San Clemente, California, enrolled at OSU in January.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Two schools that just stood out to me on the list as I now live in Texas - Texas has 3 entered so far and A&M has 5. Looks like all level of programs from Alabama to Rice and below have players entered. Don't see any real patterns based on a cursory look.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
Two schools that just stood out to me on the list as I now live in Texas - Texas has 3 entered so far and A&M has 5. Looks like all level of programs from Alabama to Rice and below have players entered. Don't see any real patterns based on a cursory look.
I think Texas has more. I know Rising, Buechele, Porter, Houston and Carter are on there for sure.

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I think Texas has more. I know Rising, Buechele, Porter, Houston and Carter are on there for sure.
Yeah the official portal list is not out in the public and I guess not allowed to be so only the players that let it be known they are in the portal are the ones out there. For all we know half of the teams might have a dozen players on there. This was from an ESPN article yesterday:

The NCAA told ESPN that 1,454 Division I players (FBS and FCS) had entered the portal as of Tuesday afternoon, but it didn't have a breakdown of how many are on scholarship or are walk-ons and how many play for FCS schools.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Sitting behind Brian Griese and Drew Henson at Michigan really hurt that guy Tom Brady.

If the NFL found Jerry Rice at Mississpi Valley St. Darrell Green at Texas A&M Kingsville and Walter Payton at Jackson State 30+ years ago, they'd find Wudtee sitting behind Mason Rudolph at Oklahoma State.

on the other hand, if we don't want players to transfer out; we should offer 4/5 year scholarships.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Thank you for your time and efforts with the Cowboy Football program Keondre Wudtee! In the times you played you were fun to watch.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Yeah the official portal list is not out in the public and I guess not allowed to be so only the players that let it be known they are in the portal are the ones out there. For all we know half of the teams might have a dozen players on there. This was from an ESPN article yesterday:

The NCAA told ESPN that 1,454 Division I players (FBS and FCS) had entered the portal as of Tuesday afternoon, but it didn't have a breakdown of how many are on scholarship or are walk-ons and how many play for FCS schools.

Zowie! "OK - all grads with eligibility change teams now". Got to wonder if this is a fad because it's new and now they can, or if this is the new reality going forward....

So the school does their part and provides the player with a college degree, and the player bolts with eligibility left. Hmmm, do they owe some $$ back? Can we establish a "buyout" clause for players???

Last edited: