Wudtee enters name in transfer portal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Idk about sure fire NFL guys, but there are a good amount of 4* kids. What's funny is Bru McCoy, who's an early enrollee for USC and was ranked 27th in this years class just entered his name into the transfer portal. Now that has got to hurt.

Some "high level" kids: Bubba Bolden, Tate Martell, Justin Fields, Kelly Bryant, Hurts, Devon Modster, Cameron Rising, Shawn Robinson, Wimbush, Buchele, Kendall, Amir Rasual, etc. Not all these kids are NFL kids but they are at the least 4* kids.
There is a lot of talent in there. I was about to make the same post.

Posting just for reference...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...tal-names-players-destinations-127866941/Amp/

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
Idk about sure fire NFL guys, but there are a good amount of 4* kids. What's funny is Bru McCoy, who's an early enrollee for USC and was ranked 27th in this years class just entered his name into the transfer portal. Now that has got to hurt.

Some "high level" kids: Bubba Bolden, Tate Martell, Justin Fields, Kelly Bryant, Hurts, Devon Modster, Cameron Rising, Shawn Robinson, Wimbush, Buchele, Kendall, Amir Rasual, etc. Not all these kids are NFL kids but they are at the least 4* kids.
This kind of defeats his argument though since almost all of those kids are transferring OUT of blue blood programs instead of his irrational fear that any good players at non-blue blood programs (like ours) will immediately leave for the better programs.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Embrace it don't reject it, learn how to use it to your advantage. The high rated guys that are in the portal are probably looking to go to another school that was recruiting them out of high school. So don't burn bridges when a guy commits to another school. The portal isn't going away and a team like OSU should see it as a golden opportunity to improve on the 35-40th ranked recruiting classes we've come accustom to having.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
This transfer stuff is a joke. They need to give kids 4 yr contract scholarships. Just because you aren't good enough shouldn't give you the right to jump ship. If it is mutual then I am all for it
I'm sorry, that's nuts. Coaches can leave any time they want for any reason they want. Kids ought to be able to seek playing time.
Coaches can be fired, student athletes cannot. Coaches are on the hook for their assistant coaches performance and off the field behavior, student athletes are not. Coaches can leave for another opportunity if they buy-out their contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Coaches can be fired, student athletes cannot. Coaches are on the hook for their assistant coaches performance and off the field behavior, student athletes are not. Coaches can leave for another opportunity if they buy-out their contract.

Student-athletes can have their scholarships taken away. Student-athletes can be kicked out of school for off the field behavior. Coaches who recruited them and who they wanted to play for can leave for more money and take the system they fit with them, leaving them a poor fit for the new coach.

Your sort-of attempt at an argument falls pretty flat.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Student-athletes can have their scholarships taken away. Student-athletes can be kicked out of school for off the field behavior. Coaches who recruited them and who they wanted to play for can leave for more money and take the system they fit with them, leaving them a poor fit for the new coach.

Your sort-off attempt at an argument falls pretty flat.
Correct.

It's of course different from place to place, but kids get run off all the time.

I know the coaches hate the new rules because most of them are used to having all of the advantages in their favor, transfer-wise, but I'm delighted to see a little more fairness in this process.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Correct.

It's of course different from place to place, but kids get run off all the time.

I know the coaches hate the new rules because most of them are used to having all of the advantages in their favor, transfer-wise, but I'm delighted to see a little more fairness in this process.
Yup. 'bout time the NCAA does something in favor of the kids.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
A lot of our fans are pretty awful on twitter period.

So are everybody's. Look at what Michigan fans did to Dax Hill when he decommitted... and then he recommitted. Did you see some of the things that sooner fans were putting out there to that kid that bailed on their BBQ day last year and then committed to A&M shortly after? Woof.

People are a-holes in general... and on the internet it's just amplified.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
A lot of our fans are pretty awful on twitter period.

So are everybody's. Look at what Michigan fans did to Dax Hill when he decommitted... and then he recommitted. Did you see some of the things that sooner fans were putting out there to that kid that bailed on their BBQ day last year and then committed to A&M shortly after? Woof.

People are a-holes in general... and on the internet it's just amplified.
Ya I totally agree. And maybe Starkel is big enough to look past all that. I just don't really see it. Definitely would be ironic if it ended up happening though.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Ya I totally agree. And maybe Starkel is big enough to look past all that. I just don't really see it. Definitely would be ironic if it ended up happening though.
Yeah... but why would he come here when we for sure have two QBs better than him? Like... I have zero doubt that Sanders and Costello are better than him.

Ohio State is probably perfect for him because the talent he'll be surrounded by will allow him to not look terrible, but he'll for sure lose his spot in 2020 to Fields.

IDK. I just don't think the dude is worth a crap. Give me Corndog every day over Starkel.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Your sort-off attempt at an argument falls pretty flat.
Fail? You’re apparently incapable of grasping the point of my post.
Student athletes have 100% control over receiving and even capitalizing on the benefits of their scholarship. Coaches, their families and career are at the mercy of countless factors they have no control over.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
Yeah... but why would he come here when we for sure have two QBs better than him? Like... I have zero doubt that Sanders and Costello are better than him.

Ohio State is probably perfect for him because the talent he'll be surrounded by will allow him to not look terrible, but he'll for sure lose his spot in 2020 to Fields.

IDK. I just don't think the dude is worth a crap. Give me Corndog every day over Starkel.
Agreed on all points.

Aug 16, 2012
This kind of defeats his argument though since almost all of those kids are transferring OUT of blue blood programs instead of his irrational fear that any good players at non-blue blood programs (like ours) will immediately leave for the better programs.
Does not defeat my argument just because it has not happened. Right now it is a tool for kids to try and get more PT. I could be proven wrong, but I still think it will be used to stack teams. Maybe not now, but in years to come. We will have to see.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
Does not defeat my argument just because it has not happened. Right now it is a tool for kids to try and get more PT. I could be proven wrong, but I still think it will be used to stack teams. Maybe not now, but in years to come. We will have to see.
I think it opens opportunity for us to grab some proven talent where we may have missed in recruiting.