WSJ: From Roe to Gosnell

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Classic. From the article, which you didn't bother to read:

Townie, did you need to walk in the shoes of Charles Manson to know that killing Sharon Tate was wrong?
What a vast, vast fail comeback RXCowboy. Charles Manson was never pregnant. Come now, you can do better than that.

I did read the article, by the way. The real comeback, while I don't agree with it, laid within it:

"If you're a man and you're opposed to or uncertain about abortion, you've almost certainly had a woman tell you that because of your sex, you have no right to your opinion about the subject. (We've heard it from antiabortion women too, though much more rarely.) It's idiotic, offensive and indicative of a war on men."

metallicajake

/insert witty custom title
Feb 8, 2007
Amsterdam, Netherlands
It would seem unreasonable to expect that R v. W would be overturned........however I'll never understand how people can be pro-choice when it comes to terminating late term abortions. It is nothing short of murder, to think that is legal is beyond comprehension.

Again, I use the comparison to show the "confusion" of our culture and country on this issue.

1. A shooter kills babies in a delivery room and is considered the most heinous of crimes because of the innocence and helplessness of the victim. The public is outraged and demands justice!

2. These same babies a day or two earlier could have been "snipped" or "punctured" by an abortion doctor (he / she could even use a gun, I guess) fully within and under the law without repercussions while people march in the streets to maintain this "right".

What's up is down and what's down is up..........
Not that I would try to argue a difference from a moral perspective, because I am not personally a proponent of any type of abortion, however from a legal perspective, isn't it a person in the eyes of the State only on and after the date of birth?

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Yes, it is strange that the pro-choice people on the board haven't decided to join in on this conversation or let us know if they support abortion regardless of the gestation period or this case might consider them to support (at least) limits on abortion..... but as one other poster put it...all I hear is.....<crickets>
Then tell us how you would force a woman from getting an abortion, since abortion is so deeply offensive and immoral to you.

O

osupride97

What an utterly absurd notion. Once again, surely you can do better than that with this thread you started.
And so tell me about walking in the shoes of a woman who HAD TO get a late term abortion.

I'm guessing you blocked me since you refuse to answer me - on more than one occasion.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
When you think there’s nothing more to hear that is more shocking from this trial:

"He told the jury toilets backed up one-two times a week and said he opened the outside clean out pipe and fetal parts such as babies’ arms came spilling out."

Each and every one of the people that worked there and allowed this to continue are sick, evil bastards.
The whole article deserves to be posted.

Gosnell Worker: Toilets Backed Up With Body Parts From Abortions
by Steven Ertelt | Philadelphia, PA | LifeNews.com | 4/16/13 7:14 PM

Former abortion clinic worker James Johnson testified today during the murder trial of Kermit Gosnell and provided jurors with a nauseating account of the horrific conditions at the abortion facility.

Johnson worked as a janitor, maintenance man and plumber of sorts and he was the common-law husband of 51-year-old Elizabeth Hampton, who is Gosnell’s wife’s sister. He told jurors some of the morbid details that appear in the grand jury report — including how he threatened to quit working at the abortion clinic because he refused to pull any more flesh from aborted babies out of the plumbing.

His job was to collect abortion remains and take them to basement — but he eventually refused to participate and bags began piling up.

He told the jury toilets backed up one-two times a week and said he opened the outside clean out pipe and fetal parts such as babies’ arms came spilling out.

Johnson said he scooped up body parts with shovel and put them in a bag that was taken to rat infested basement. Johnson said a cat kept at the Gosnell clinic was there to deal with rat infestations that kept happening. He said the at pooped in plants all over clinic.

The Gosnell clinic had a practice of making women dispose of the aborted babies body in the toilet and, as the grand jury report indicated: “[Patients] did not know inducing the labor and severing the spinal cords of live babies was going to happen.”

The report stated that “All afternoon and evening, as patients woke and complained of pain, workers would continue to medicate them with injections of sedatives. Between doses, the staff would leave the patients largely unattended. This would go on until the doctor arrived, some six or more hours after the patient did, or until the woman delivered.”

The abortion could take as long as three days, one staffer admitted in it.

“If … a baby was about to come out, I would take the woman to the bathroom, they would sit on the toilet and basically the baby would fall out and it would be in the toilet,” testified Latosha Lewis, who worked for Gosnell for over eight years. “I would be rubbing her back and trying to calm her down for two, three, four hours until Dr. Gosnell comes. She would not move.”

According to the report, “[Johnson] described how he had to lift the toilet so that someone else—he said it was too disgusting for him—could get the fetuses out of the pipes.”

If the unborn baby hadn’t “fallen out” by the time Gosnell was able to attend to the woman, staff would push and shove on the women’s abdomen.

“By maximizing the pain and danger for his patients, [Gosnell] minimized the work, and cost, for himself and his staff,” states the report. “The policy, in effect, was labor without labor.”

Once delivered, Gosnell or a staffer would cut the spinal cord and then crush the skulls of the babies, who were often still alive.

O

osupride97

This is why I refuse to engage in these arguments. It's such a personal issue to some people that there is immediate vitriolic hatred before a conversation even gets going.
Townie throws out these statements though - that do sound very canned and not from a personal experience / thought, etc.

Abortion is and should be a very, very personal issue because it involves human beings.

metallicajake

/insert witty custom title
Feb 8, 2007
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Here is the problem with this thread, and why I'm going to bail out of it.

There has been a line drawn in the sand, and the monster who is accused of these crimes has been placed on one side. The OP and company have made sure that they are on the other side of that line, and any attempt to discuss anything related to this issue will have you on their side, or on the other, with said monster.

StillwaterTownie, I suggest we turn tail and run.