Wrestling World Team Trials

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
We have four Pokes confirmed to wrestle in the Freestyle World Team Trials this Friday and Saturday.

Jordan Oliver and Dean Heil will both wrestle at 65kg, which is a pretty stacked weight in general. JO is pretty widely considered the favorite here, with Yianni D. waiting at Final X for the winner of this tournament. JO might move up to 70kg, however, where I don't know if he'd be the favorite but he's talented enough to make some noise here.

Alex Dieringer is already waiting in the finals at 79kg, where he will likely take on the winner of Mark Hall and Zahid Valencia. Valencia beat Ringer here last season to go to Final X to take on Kyle Dake. It's pretty much known at this point that Ringer had hurt his ankle in training before this last year and didn't get adequate rest, leading to Zahid pretty much crushing Ringer... I don't think that will be the same result here this year, with Ringer getting his revenge on Zahid for another shot at Dake.

Chandler Rogers is qualified for this weight in freestyle as well... but I'm not sure if he's going to go. He's for sure wrestling in the Greco tournament on Sunday though.

Derek White is also wrestling at 125kg here... I hope he shows well but we pretty much already know he doesn't match up well with Adam Coon, who is waiting in the finals, or Nick Gwizdowski, who is at Final X.

Joining Chandler at the Greco tournament are Bear Hughes and Austin Harris. Would be huge for any of these guys to make the world team.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Well today hasn't been great for the Pokes.

In the Junior Team Trials, Travis Wittlake lost his first round match. Dustin Plott is advancing though, so that would be good to get him on the world team.

In Greco, Bear Hughes and Chandler Rogers have both been knocked out of the competition... so that's that for both of them.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Well Dean lost to Zain Retherford in the championship bracket. Sorry y'all, this format is hard to keep up with sometimes.

JO is still alive and will take on Dom Demas from OU in the semifinals later today.

Derek White is also in the semifinals and will take on Tony Nelson from Minnesota.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
JO is taking on Zane Retherford tomorrow for aspot at Final X.

Ringer is taking on Zahid Valencia tomorrow for a spot in Final X.

Thomas Gilman and Darian Cruz are wrestling tomorrow for a chance to get beat by Daton Fix at Final X.