Wrestling Recruiting and Lineups Moving Forward

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I've heard Malcolm is trying to wrestle at 197.
That's great! He won't beat Geer... But if he ends up being good and they bump Geer back to 184, I wouldn't be mad at it. Although ultimately I think our best lineup has Montalvo and Geer in it.

People are upset about us having a down year... But 9/10 of our starters are ranked and will qualify for NCAAs. If Martin ends up being a stud at HWT, hell it'll be 10/10 and we will be the only other school besides Iowa to have all 10 starters ranked.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Can Taco make 70? Geer at 80, MRod at 90 then Brock?
I think if Taco could make 74 they would've done it while Smith was out... But now that Smith is out, it's pretty well documented that Joe bullies guys in the room. Humbled Wittlake last year pretty good to the point where people were questioning if Wittlake would pan out.

I also think it's a bit of a stretch to think the football guys will immediately be better. Martin maybe because being a 3x state champion in Oklahoma is not an accident and he is quite a bit bigger than the two guys we have been throwing out there. So there's reason to believe that he will make an impact.

Will Rodriguez at 197... I mean Geer wants to be at 97. He's been pretty vocal about not wanting to cut. And if they do decide to cut him, you've still got a couple guys that are behind Geer and then Harris could cut down to 197 too, and even with Harris struggling at 285, he is a pretty dang good freestyle wrestler.

Ultimately I think it'll stay how it is with Smith at 174, Taco at 184, Geer at 197.

Sep 3, 2019
Stillwater, Ok
I think if Taco could make 74 they would've done it while Smith was out... But now that Smith is out, it's pretty well documented that Joe bullies guys in the room. Humbled Wittlake last year pretty good to the point where people were questioning if Wittlake would pan out.

I also think it's a bit of a stretch to think the football guys will immediately be better. Martin maybe because being a 3x state champion in Oklahoma is not an accident and he is quite a bit bigger than the two guys we have been throwing out there. So there's reason to believe that he will make an impact.

Will Rodriguez at 197... I mean Geer wants to be at 97. He's been pretty vocal about not wanting to cut. And if they do decide to cut him, you've still got a couple guys that are behind Geer and then Harris could cut down to 197 too, and even with Harris struggling at 285, he is a pretty dang good freestyle wrestler.

Ultimately I think it'll stay how it is with Smith at 174, Taco at 184, Geer at 197.
What do you mean by bullying? Like literally being a bully or just handily beating the other guys while wrestling?

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
With commitments from the #6, #7, and #53 recruits in the 2021 class already locked up... and possible coming news on at least two more top 20 guys... OSU Wrestling is staring right down the barrel of back-to-back top ranked classes.