Wrestling Recruiting and Lineups Moving Forward

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Seth25809er

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Jan 8, 2012
On all of the brackets he was marked representing "Oklahoma" the same as Heil and Collica...

I had trouble keeping up with a lot of it as the matches move so quick.
Maybe a typo or something. I'm not 100% sure whether or not he'll end up at OSU, but he's not associated with the OU RTC.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
With the addition of Alex Kauffman from NEO, the room is getting pretty tight from 165-197.

I still really think it would be best for Wittlake to take his Olympic Redshirt for the 2019-2020 season and take advantage of another year... I don't think we are looking at a title next season, but should for 2021 and on.

For 2019-2020, it really just seems to make sense to go with this lineup:

125: Piccinnini (senior year... going for it all)
133: Brock (Fix takes ORS, Brock bumps back down for one last shot at glory)
141: Gfeller (natural weight)
149: Boo (please don't get hurt again)
157: Sheets (getting much better... could see plenty of improvement from him)
165: Shomers (senior year)
174: Joe Smith (senior year redemption tour at more natural weight)
184: Montalvo / Hughes / Kauffman (log jam... no real bad option here... I like the freshman but Hughes has been quality as well)
197: Geer (returning AA at 184 and he wants to wrestle up here... needs to bulk up a little though so hopefully he's spending some time with Gary C. this summer and that's why we haven't seen him in freestyle comps)
HWT: Austin Harris as CBJ 2.0 (wrestling really well in freestyle at 220... just put on the bulk and he should be pretty dang good here)