Wrestling Pokes visiting Air Force and Wyoming on Saturday

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Maybe....It seems like he is "half a$$ing" it sometimes and just going through the motions. Almost like an intense practice rather than an actual match.
It really seems at times like he is trying to see how little he can exert himself to get the win. Then when he needs to he will turn it on like he did at the end of some of the recent matches.

cowboyfanatic

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2010
oklahoma city, OK
Only problem is that has bitten him in the ass with giving up late takedowns or running out of gas in the third. When he almost got pinned against Missouri he came back with a vengeance and has been on a little tear the last several matches. Hopefully that holds up the rest of the season and post season

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
As I said, he doesn't look as slow at 174 to me as he did last year. Maybe it's finally being healthy, maybe it's the weight class.
I just... I remember the 157 pound freshman that pinned Dylan Palacio, who ended up being the one seed at NCAAs.

I think he still has weight to give. But I kinda like that he is wrestling somewhere he is comfortable.

It helps that Wittlake is looking like a real contender at 165.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
It's not kspi, because John and Dave always sound fine. I think rex uses a setup that is older and doesn't want to change for some reason. My old high school has broadcasts that sound better than him. And they are a western Oklahoma 4a school.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
Dave and John are network. Not kspi. Kspi is the network affiliate. I think it is either rex’s or kspi’s stuff
Was thinking about this today, isn't Rex network for wrestling and baseball?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I don't think it is the equipment. If you talk to him in person that is just the way his voice sounds.
Nah, people with him sound bad too. And too much background noise. It's got to be the same equipment from Joe's that he uses for games. Sounds like old a.m. radio sometimes.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk