Wrestling Pokes @ Iowa - Sunday - 7pm - Big Ten Network

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
C team
I have season tickets to wrestling. Along with men’s and women’s BB and a box for football I have for many years. So you can piss off about where I am when the cowboys win. I am normally driving back to Edmond.

The Cowboy wrestling program is slowly sinking into mediocrity.
So if you don’t like me saying what is clearly obvious? You are welcome to make any excuses you want.
But if you want to attack me personally?
You can Pi$$ off.
I'm not attacking you. I'm pointing out that you disappear during the wins... Were you driving back to Edmond after the Iowa State or Wyoming duals?...

I'm also responding to your soon and gloom with actual facts on why things really aren't bad and the future is bright... Not making excuses. Things aren't perfect by any means, but steps have been taken to solve most of the issues our program faces.

You ignore those facts, and contribute "our program is irrelevant" hot takes that simply are not rooted in reality.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
C team
I have season tickets to wrestling. Along with men’s and women’s BB and a box for football I have for many years. So you can piss off about where I am when the cowboys win. I am normally driving back to Edmond.

The Cowboy wrestling program is slowly sinking into mediocrity.
So if you don’t like me saying what is clearly obvious? You are welcome to make any excuses you want.
But if you want to attack me personally?
You can Pi$$ off.
imo, anytime a poster starts listing off his OSU season ticket resume to try and prove they're a better fan than someone else - anything they say loses all credibility.........

Nov 23, 2010
Zahid Valencia has been suspended from Arizona State and Daton Fix hasn't. That has to speak to something about how the situation is developing. Hopefully good news to come.
Zahid wasn't an Olympic Redshirt so they had to go ahead and suspend him. Since Daton isn't wrestling for OSU this year, they don't really have to do anything.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Well, PFB reported Brock Martin is no longer on the wrestling team and is back to working out with the football team. No mention of Malcom Rodriguez so I'm assuming unless Austin Harris wins the Big XII tournament, we won't have a HWT representative at the NCAA's. He's been wrestling better as of late, but I'd take @Nolaeer advice and put money on WVU to win the basketball championship before I'd bet on Harris winning the title.

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/pfb-brock-martin-no-longer-with-osu-wrestling-team.266841/

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Well, PFB reported Brock Martin is no longer on the wrestling team and is back to working out with the football team. No mention of Malcom Rodriguez so I'm assuming unless Austin Harris wins the Big XII tournament, we won't have a HWT representative at the NCAA's. He's been wrestling better as of late, but I'd take @Nolaeer advice and put money on WVU to win the basketball championship before I'd bet on Harris winning the title.

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/pfb-brock-martin-no-longer-with-osu-wrestling-team.266841/
I think Harris just needs to finish in the top 5 in Tulsa to get a tournament bid.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla

As CTeam mentioned he does not have to win. He just has to place high enough to get one of the automatic placer spots. They will determine how many the conference gets of these later and then how many at each weight. Though personally I do not see the conference getting 5 spots at heavyweight.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
As CTeam mentioned he does not have to win. He just has to place high enough to get one of the automatic placer spots. They will determine how many the conference gets of these later and then how many at each weight. Though personally I do not see the conference getting 5 spots at heavyweight.
I think based on RPI and the coaches rankings, the Big 12 will get 6 or 7 heavyweights...

I don’t think Harris will finish that high, but all it takes is one upset or bad matchup or injury to get to that placing though.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Here are the projected NCAA weight allocations.

125 Pounds
Big Ten: 8
Big 12: 4
ACC: 3
EIWA: 6
MAC: 3
Pac-12: 2
SoCon: 1
Total: 27

133 Pounds
Big Ten: 7
Big 12: 7
ACC: 5
MAC: 4
EIWA: 2
Pac-12: 1
SoCon: 2
Total: 28

141 Pounds
Big 12: 5
EIWA: 5
MAC: 5
Total: 29

149 Pounds
Big Ten: 10
ACC: 2
EIWA: 5
Total: 29

157 Pounds
Big Ten: 6
ACC: 5
EIWA: 4
MAC: 6

165 Pounds
Big 12: 4
ACC: 4
EIWA: 6
Total: 26

174 Pounds
Big Ten: 9
EIWA: 3

184 Pounds
Big Ten: 10

197 Pounds
Big Ten: 6
ACC: 1
Pac-12: 3

285 Pounds
Big Ten: 7
ACC: 4
EIWA: 3
Total: 27

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Here's the actual breakdown of the Big 12's qualifying spots.

125: 4
133: 8
141: 5
149: 5
157: 5
165: 4
174: 5
184: 5
197: 6
285: 7

Should qualify 9 weights and if Harris has a hero weekend there could be a tenth.

Sep 9, 2013
FWIW we don't have the same competition in conference that the Big 10 teams do, we wrestle a strong schedule every year to offset that fact but if you look at the Big 12, Northern Iowa has been in the top 3 in conference for the last few years. I have nothing against them because they really care about wrestling, but that tells you where ou, ISU and WVU are in terms of big schools and competition. Looking at what we have coming back and coming in next year we are going to be competing for a national championship barring any major injuries.
1. WVU has spent a small fortune on wrestling recently. The AD has invested heavily in the program in terms of hiring coaches and new facilities. WVU will continue to improve, although it may take another 2-3 years to be a top 25 program.

2. Big 12 has pathetic, shortsighted leadership. Long ago the big 12 should have added WVU, VT, Pitt, and miami instead of letting the ACC, a much weaker conference, strike first.

3. The big 12 commissioner has no backbone. All Big 12 teams should be required to have baseball and wrestling. required. or pay a hefty penalty to the conference if they do not.
Iowa State should simply be told to get a baseball team or get booted. Texas should be asked to add a wrestling team, and point out the incentives of doing so. If they won't, a one million a year fine should be levied on texas, and it should double each year until they add wrestling. Baylor, tcu, and tech should just be told to get wrestling-or else.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
1. WVU has spent a small fortune on wrestling recently. The AD has invested heavily in the program in terms of hiring coaches and new facilities. WVU will continue to improve, although it may take another 2-3 years to be a top 25 program.

2. Big 12 has pathetic, shortsighted leadership. Long ago the big 12 should have added WVU, VT, Pitt, and miami instead of letting the ACC, a much weaker conference, strike first.

3. The big 12 commissioner has no backbone. All Big 12 teams should be required to have baseball and wrestling. required. or pay a hefty penalty to the conference if they do not.
Iowa State should simply be told to get a baseball team or get booted. Texas should be asked to add a wrestling team, and point out the incentives of doing so. If they won't, a one million a year fine should be levied on texas, and it should double each year until they add wrestling. Baylor, tcu, and tech should just be told to get wrestling-or else.
Let's take the crazy elsewhere please. Don't muck up the wrestling threads.