Wrestling Pokes Hosting South Dakota State on Friday Night; Mizzou on Sunday Afternoon

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
OSU wrestling needs a spark. All our best guys wrestle not to lose. We have lost all momentum the past 10+ yrs. Will John retire after his part-time son Joe graduates? From the outside I wouldn’t even say we are a current top 15 program based on attendance, excitement, knowledge of sport or energy around the program

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
OSU wrestling needs a spark. All our best guys wrestle not to lose. We have lost all momentum the past 10+ yrs. Will John retire after his part-time son Joe graduates? From the outside I wouldn’t even say we are a current top 15 program based on attendance, excitement, knowledge of sport or energy around the program
Just pulled in the #1 recruiting class... And consistently top 4 in attendance.

Y'all part time followers are very frustrating. Either keep up or keep your criticism that has no merit to yourself.

Dec 21, 2008
watching an average Big 10 dual there is so much excitement the entire dual and every team point matters. Our duals are kinda boring, outdated music and just a blah feeling. Just don’t have too any ass kickers. Hopefully getting Daton and AJ we can get a new attitude next year

and I would bet 90% of that recruiting class is due to Chris and Tyler

Oct 30, 2007
I did not realize they could stop the match. He could have continued to work and made it definitive. Did I miss something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
watching an average Big 10 dual there is so much excitement the entire dual and every team point matters. Our duals are kinda boring, outdated music and just a blah feeling. Just don’t have too any ass kickers. Hopefully getting Daton and AJ we can get a new attitude next year

and I would bet 90% of that recruiting class is due to Chris and Tyler
They have better teams. We can only control who will reciprocate. Rutgers burned us this season by not coming back after we sold out their arena. We get Mizzou and Iowa every year. It is what it is. The Big 10 won't let us join.

The music thing is ridiculous. That doesn't matter. The athletes pick their music.

Don't sleep on Plott. He beat both Abe Assad, who is starting at Iowa, and the Brooks kid at Penn State.

Team is going to be very good... And yes, while Daton has helped Tyler greatly improve OSU's recruiting approach, the Ferraris made it very clear that they picked OSU because of John Smith. Still holds a lot of cache.

Smith isn't going anywhere for a few years. So you might as well learn to like it.

Sep 3, 2019
Stillwater, Ok
They have better teams. We can only control who will reciprocate. Rutgers burned us this season by not coming back after we sold out their arena. We get Mizzou and Iowa every year. It is what it is. The Big 10 won't let us join.

The music thing is ridiculous. That doesn't matter. The athletes pick their music.

Don't sleep on Plott. He beat both Abe Assad, who is starting at Iowa, and the Brooks kid at Penn State.

Team is going to be very good... And yes, while Daton has helped Tyler greatly improve OSU's recruiting approach, the Ferraris made it very clear that they picked OSU because of John Smith. Still holds a lot of cache.

Smith isn't going anywhere for a few years. So you might as well learn to like it.
annoys me a lot when fans do this. What? Our team isn’t absolutely perfect in every way? Wrestling is dead! When will John Smith retire?