Wrestling Needs YOU on Sunday vs. Iowa. 2pm. Cheap Tickets. BE THERE!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
(cut/paste of twitter account of Seth Duckworth.......very knowledgeable dude on oSu Wrestling info)

[B]Seth Duckworth[/B]‏ @[B]Seth_Duckworth[/B]
FollowFollow @Seth_Duckworth

I spoke with the ticket office on sales for the dual Sunday. I can confirm that GIA will be rocking. Possibly as full as it's been the last two years for any event. There are still some tickets available though. Be a part of it. #okstate #BeatIowa

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
My point exactly. Why do we even have orangepower studios if we aren't going to fully utilize it?
Flo owns the streaming/broadcast rights for OSU wrestling... I think it's up after this year. Would be more surprised if we renew it than if we don't.
Flo has ruined some things and helped others. I have their coverage of drum corps.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
(cut/paste of twitter account of Seth Duckworth.......very knowledgeable dude on oSu Wrestling info)

I spoke with the ticket office on sales for the dual Sunday. I can confirm that GIA will be rocking. Possibly as full as it's been the last two years for any event. There are still some tickets available though. Be a part of it. #okstate #BeatIowa
Guess I could have finished scrolling before commenting

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Seth25809er

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Jan 8, 2012

Guy's an absolute loser. I wouldn't trust him.

Basically they said about 8-9,000 sold as of yesterday morning. They project more to sell over the next two days, and at the gate, + a big student turnout. Depending how the additional sales and the student turnout goes it will dictate the final numbers and if they can sell it out. That all hinges on last minute fans and students.

There are still plenty of tickets left to purchase though. If you're on the fence or whatever you should have no problem getting tickets now.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Guy's an absolute loser. I wouldn't trust him.

Basically they said about 8-9,000 sold as of yesterday morning. They project more to sell over the next two days, and at the gate, + a big student turnout. Depending how the additional sales and the student turnout goes it will dictate the final numbers and if they can sell it out. That all hinges on last minute fans and students.

There are still plenty of tickets left to purchase though. If you're on the fence or whatever you should have no problem getting tickets now.
Are they planning on having the curtains down? How many does the arena seat with those down?

Besides, 9,000 + students is nothing to sneeze at.
I've been in GIA during basketball with only around 6,000 in attendance and the curtains up and it's been rocking.
Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2009
Their 125 guy called us all out. Said "nothing compares to Carver Arena" when asked about GIA. I expect 14K there like last year for PSU and for lights to fall out of the ceiling. Make it happen or you're all dead to me.

savagerebel

Payne County Redneck
A/V Subscriber
Apr 16, 2008
Stillwater
Their 125 guy called us all out. Said "nothing compares to Carver Arena" when asked about GIA. I expect 14K there like last year for PSU and for lights to fall out of the ceiling. Make it happen or you're all dead to me.
He is right. I was at Carver Hawkeye for the Iowa/Iowa State duel in December. It was not all the way full but the fans were knowledgeable and loud. I wish GIA would get like that for more than one meet a year.

Jul 11, 2007
He is right. I was at Carver Hawkeye for the Iowa/Iowa State duel in December. It was not all the way full but the fans were knowledgeable and loud. I wish GIA would get like that for more than one meet a year.
Blah. It will be comparable today. You going?

And there wasn't even 10,000 paid attendance for that ISU-Iowa dual you reference. Not impressed.