Would you trade Adams straight up for Cousins?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Cousins is on an expiring contract but the talent he brings is what many consider to be the top center. Should we go all in on this season and try to win big to resign both George and Cousins? Adams is good but his upside is no where near what cousins can do.
Eh... Yeah, I probably make that trade. Then I'd take a shower & cry.

I love Adams, and he still hasn't turned 24 yet (Thursday). He has upside & character & is funny as hell.

But Cousins hasn't yet turned 27 (August), and is a 3-time All-Star & 2-time All-NBA 2nd Team. And he's better defensively than most think. Add him, & suddenly OKC has 3 of the top 10-15 players in the league & are legit contenders to the Warriors.

The question is can Cousins keep his focus. Some/many would say he has an attitude problem, but some could point to the toxic situation he was in with the Kings playing a large role in his malcontent-ness.

It would be very, very hard to pass up that much talent for Steven Adams.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2012
I wouldn't. I think Cousins got a name for being a locker room cancer and lazy. I doubt that changes despite his talent level.

Nov 27, 2007
I would but your ENTIRE big three is up for free agency in the off-season.
Not the worst scenario. If it doesn't work, then it's easy to scrap and rebuild.

But as a fan, knowing championships are a rare thing, the thought of your team taking it's one, best shot at it all makes it easier to accept the risk of it not working.

But maybe Steven Adams takes that next step this year. To be that Steven Adams we saw in the 2016 playoffs consistently. Maybe even a bit better than that. He just turned 24 after all.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Not the worst scenario. If it doesn't work, then it's easy to scrap and rebuild.

But as a fan, knowing championships are a rare thing, the thought of your team taking it's one, best shot at it all makes it easier to accept the risk of it not working.

But maybe Steven Adams takes that next step this year. To be that Steven Adams we saw in the 2016 playoffs consistently. Maybe even a bit better than that. He just turned 24 after all.
I agree with you pretty much entirely, but I was just saying the risk needed to be understood. It's referred to as mortgaging the future.