Working for OSU!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Epperley28

Federal Marshal
Nov 11, 2005
I just started yesterday as a Senior Editor at IFSTA/FPP. Technically I'm the Managing Editor for Fire Protection Publications so I won't have anything to do with the IFSTA books, but in reality nobody actually works for IFSTA. Even the IFSTA people are employees of FPP. It has a managing director, but that's an unpaid position and he's also an employee of FPP. Anyway, I just wanted to share the good news. I've been with PennWell's Fire Engineering for almost nine years and spent a semester at TCC as Marketing Director for their Fire and Emergency Medical Services program, so even though I'm not a firefighter, I have lots of experience in the field when it comes to publishing and education. I plan to take Firefighter I & II as soon as possible, which is one of the perks of the job (I believe it's free and they'll allow me to take the classes during work hours). It will be nice to get some hands-on experience, but with almost a decade of work on fire books I feel I'm about as prepared as I can be for the position short of spending time throwing hose and ventilating roofs.

It feels great to be back in Stillwater working for my alma mater, especially for such a world-renowned and well-respected entity like IFSTA/FPP. Wish me luck!

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I just started yesterday as a Senior Editor at IFSTA/FPP. Technically I'm the Managing Editor for Fire Protection Publications so I won't have anything to do with the IFSTA books, but in reality nobody actually works for IFSTA. Even the IFSTA people are employees of FPP. It has a managing director, but that's an unpaid position and he's also an employee of FPP. Anyway, I just wanted to share the good news. I've been with PennWell's Fire Engineering for almost nine years and spent a semester at TCC as Marketing Director for their Fire and Emergency Medical Services program, so even though I'm not a firefighter, I have lots of experience in the field when it comes to publishing and education. I plan to take Firefighter I & II as soon as possible, which is one of the perks of the job (I believe it's free and they'll allow me to take the classes during work hours). It will be nice to get some hands-on experience, but with almost a decade of work on fire books I feel I'm about as prepared as I can be for the position short of spending time throwing hose and ventilating roofs.

It feels great to be back in Stillwater working for my alma mater, especially for such a world-renowned and well-respected entity like IFSTA/FPP. Wish me luck!
Happy for you. I want to be back in Stillwater some day soon.

Epperley28

Federal Marshal
Nov 11, 2005
Happy for you. I want to be back in Stillwater some day soon.
Great news Epp! Congratulations and good luck!
Thank you both. I'm loving it so far. The staff is very friendly and it's great to be back where everybody bleeds orange. I've had four in-depth conversations about Cowboy sports in my first day-and-a-half, none of them with Sooners. How many people can say that about their jobs? :)