Woman shot trying to remove Nazi flag from mans yard in Enid

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
My Grandfather spent all of my life in a wheel chair and on oxygen tanks because of a man wearing that symbol.
Yeah......? So did a lot of other people's. Probably people in this thread. One of mine endured a life of PTSD from things he witnessed and never regained his fully mobility due to his wounds from being shot up the back of his leg from Japanese machine gun fire during the battles in the pacific islands. But I'll still defend a person's rights to say offensive things or fly offensive symbols, because that's what liberty is.......

Sounds like you're cool with hatred, authoritarianism, and bigotry so long as you get to choose which topics get a person killed, jailed, or destroyed.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
It could, but this argument is also very similar to wanting to ban guns, because a few people misuse them. I think AIPAC and the pro-zionist lobby has been very effective in shifting the conversation to where any critisim directed toward the state of Israel is considered anti-semetic, which is not the case.

One can be critical of US policies, it does not mean that a person is anti-american. I think we all can find a beef with some.
This, x1000. Israel uses antisemitism like a club, and conflates it intentionally.

Oct 7, 2008
I bet he’s a Trump supporter.
I drove by his house before this happened. He also had a sign up for Roland Peterson in his yard, Republican running for reelection in his district. I know there are a lot of pretty crazy Republican posters on this board, but anyone trying to say people flying Nazi flags in our current political climate are part of the far left movement are in so much denial, there are literally no words any of the sane posters on this board could say to convince you otherwise.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Ha, this is a really good point. I bet if you had a Chinese neighbor they'd be seriously offended by it, but it doesn't have the same sting for most Americans or people in general as the swastika. I wonder why that is??
I think we develop a great sympathy for them over time after understanding and seeing the shock of what 2 Nukes did to their citizens

Jul 22, 2011
Ha, this is a really good point. I bet if you had a Chinese neighbor they'd be seriously offended by it, but it doesn't have the same sting for most Americans or people in general as the swastika. I wonder why that is??
Short answer: because Germans were white.

There IS a clear distinction between the two flags. There's no underground Japanese Imperialist movement in this country. But, all the things Binman said about the "greatest generation" apply to the Rising Sun flag.

Mar 11, 2006
How is it a Virtue ?

we have defined the American People who stood against that Flag as "The Greatest Generation"

We have built 1,000's of monuments across the country in honor to the women and men who fought against that flag

418,500 American's died standing up against that Flag and allies of that Flag

20 MILLION soldiers and 40 MILLION civilians died because of that flag.

It should not be a virtue to hate that symbol it should be a duty. 400K+ American Hero's died to see that very damn symbol burned, blown up, destroyed and retired to history and those that made it home were never the same.
A lot of people have died protecting our flag. Should I assume if you see someone kneeling during the anthem that you are going to challenge them by picking them up to stand?

Nov 6, 2010
I think the post you were responding to referenced respecting the right of free speech. I don’t think anybody worth a damn would respect the action of flying a Nazi flag.
Well, maybe I'm not worth a damn, but I'm in the camp that those are exactly the people who's speech we have to protect because it is unpopular. Now that doesn't mean I think they shouldn't reap what they sew socially, professionally, whatever. I just don't want the law or constitution to be bent in order to suppress their expressions of hatred/bigotry.

Now having said that, I also do not support his actions of shooting a woman for a simple act of minor vandalism or theft. The dick should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, but the flag he was flying should not be admitted as evidence in his trial.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I drove by his house before this happened. He also had a sign up for Roland Peterson in his yard, Republican running for reelection in his district. I know there are a lot of pretty crazy Republican posters on this board, but anyone trying to say people flying Nazi flags in our current political climate are part of the far left movement are in so much denial, there are literally no words any of the sane posters on this board could say to convince you otherwise.
The most ironic thing. In this very thread People on the right were arguing the ideals of Nazi's were in line with the left.

And here I am the Democrat and a bunch of people on the right are arguing why (in the same thread) the Nazi flag and the ideals behind it should be protected and allowed to be openly expressed in public.

I'm betting Nazi's would side with the political party who would want to protect their symbols and expression of ideals.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
The most ironic thing. In this very thread People on the right were arguing the ideals of Nazi's were in line with the left.

And here I am the Democrat and a bunch of people on the right are arguing why (in the same thread) the Nazi flag and the ideals behind it should be protected and allowed to be openly expressed in public.

I'm betting Nazi's would side with the political party who would want to protect their symbols and expression of ideals.
For clarification, can you point to where people are suggesting we protect the ideals behind the Nazi flag?

Nov 6, 2010
Short answer: because Germans were white.

There IS a clear distinction between the two flags. There's no underground Japanese Imperialist movement in this country. But, all the things Binman said about the "greatest generation" apply to the Rising Sun flag.
I'm not sure I buy that simple explanation, or even understand how it factors, but I'm at a loss to offer any other reason. I am seriously glad you made that post, because I have never even considered the issue. I'm going to be mulling it over for the next few days I'm sure.