Woman shot trying to remove Nazi flag from mans yard in Enid

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
responding to the comments about Chicaro club a few pages back:
I went there a couple of times about 20 years ago. I don't know if ownership changed or what not, but service was pretty good. I personally don't remember any of the racist stuff people comment about. I remember them having pretty good smoked chicken wings. They did have some sort of beef with either the Bud or Coors distributor and would get a little pissy if you ordered that brand.

Its a shame if all what has been said is true - because I thought they had pretty good wings - and that is hard to find.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
responding to the comments about Chicaro club a few pages back:
I went there a couple of times about 20 years ago. I don't know if ownership changed or what not, but service was pretty good. I personally don't remember any of the racist stuff people comment about. I remember them having pretty good smoked chicken wings. They did have some sort of beef with either the Bud or Coors distributor and would get a little pissy if you ordered that brand.

Its a shame if all what has been said is true - because I thought they had pretty good wings - and that is hard to find.

It was Budweiser.

He didn't pay his bill, and they cut his rotten ass off.

I heard a story, but did not witness, someone giving him a hard time about it and the bastard whipped a pistol out from under the bar and invited the guy to leave.

He also doesn't allow hats to be worn inside, by men or women. I did witness someone at my table being tossed from the place for not removing their hat. That was the last time I went in there, and that's when I started hearing the talk. I only went 2-3 times because it was on my way. It didn't take me long to figure out the dude was a douche bag.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
From my experience racism is far worse in the north in this day and age.
We lived in South Dakota when I was young. I didn't know what was going on, but my dad talks about how they scratch their heads and don't understand the attitude towards African Americans, because there are about 17 in the entire state. But they were horribly racist to Native Americans.

One of my married in relatives was in the military stationed in South Dakota for a while. He was in a bar and read a sign that said something about "Indians not welcome here". I guess he thought it was a joke or something but he said "We'll I'm 1/16th Cherokee". The bar tender just said "Get the hell out". And he wasn't kidding.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
That’s not me and it’s not a random white dude. So you haven’t seen my picture.
5 years ago I would have asked you a few questions. Based on stereotypes I could have taken a guess at your race. Everyone's a little more uptight these days.

I wish we could get to the point where you could make jokes without everyone freaking out and turning it into a hate crime. It seemed like we were getting there, but not so much lately.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
5 years ago I would have asked you a few questions. Based on stereotypes I could have taken a guess at your race. Everyone's a little more uptight these days.

I wish we could get to the point where you could make jokes without everyone freaking out and turning it into a hate crime. It seemed like we were getting there, but not so much lately.

Where do you work?

Asking for a friend.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Where do you work?

Asking for a friend.
Call center management. I'm in a position now with few direct reports, more of a project manager, but it's a very cautious environment, especially for management. I've seen Supervisors who had great rapport with their team. They joke around with their team and everyone has a great time. Until it's time for corrective action or termination, then everything that Supervisor said for the past few years comes out and it all turns into ammunition. I wish I could be more myself around people at work, but I always preach to my Supervisors not to be confused and get too comfortable.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK

You can joke about my race all day long to me. My friends do it all the time and have as long as I can remember. And I give it right back to them. Real people aren’t bothered by that stuff. Actual racism only exists on the fringes of our society and is practiced by people who have no control over anyone’s life. Most people don’t have real hate in their hearts.