Woman shot trying to remove Nazi flag from mans yard in Enid

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
He's polling in the 30s means literally nothing to me. 2016, he was expected to get drove. People lied to the pollsters because back then it was considered racist to vote for Trump. That hasn't changed, and I think a LOT of people that aren't on Twitter or this forum are going to look around this country and vote for him.

Why? Fear.

The left wants to defund the police and some places are cancelling 4th of July. Monuments and and statues are coming down left and right. Confederates, sure, but also abolitionists that died in the Civil War, and the Lincoln Emancipation statue that built on the motivation of freed slaves.

Where is it the worst right now? Of the top 20 most dangerous cities and towns to live, 1 of them isn't democrat run. It's actually led by an independent.

Average Joe wants police. Average Joe wants to get back to work. Average Joe doesn't want to be called a racist and get fed to the angry mob, but I don't think they are going to vote for those that seem to support the crazy bs that is being crammed down everyone's throat right now.

He might not win, but I'm willing to bet there's a lot more crazy between now and then. There's also a great chance there will be a lot of violence and attempted fascist bs on election day. Sounds good. Let's vote for that.
Maybe we need to rethink who the average Joe is. The average Joe in your (and my) mind probably doesn't have to worry about randomly getting their car searched and possibly hauled into jail for "resisting" because they made the mistake of driving the wrong car in the wrong neighborhood. But, for a bunch of people that's a reality. I think the average Joe has sympathy for that situation but kinda wants to virtue signal by changing their Facebook profile picture for a week and hope it goes away.

As to defunding police, that word gets a lot of traction but no one is looking at the details. The Minneapolis city council voted to defund their police department so more riots there right? What they actually voted on was a restructuring where the police department is still there, they just answer to a higher department instead of being on their own. And it's going to break up the officers union so if you're anti union this one may be a win.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
So you were cool with him letting states bid against each other for PPE and undermining stay at home orders in states that had governors from the opposition party?

Normally in times of crisis our leaders actually try and lead. Deflect and say I don't support Trump but... all you want. His administration was severally lacking here in a way that no administration since probably the gilded age would have been, but hey he's on your side so it's all good.
Have you ever read about the tenth amendment? He doesn't have the power to stop the States from bidding against each other. He doesn't have the power to make stay at home orders. The only thing he can do is what he did echo the CDC recommendations.

He couldn't stop the Governors of the 5 states that were putting Covid patients in Nursing homes for the same reasons.

The media is so FOS it's crazy. It's really sad people don't understand constitutional limits on federal power any more and want the fed to fix everything.

oldguy

Wrangler
Sep 12, 2008
well seeing how the DOJ once sued Trump and his Father for 30 years of racial profiling in their properties...which kept black kids out of higher performing schools and lower crime areas...I would say actively focusing on ways to keep Black families from finding a home on a daily basis that Trump would most likely have personally and significantly damaged more black lives than Biden
Hello, The 1994 Crime Bill authored by Joe Biden...

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Why are the white supremacists virtually all on Trump's side if Biden is equally as racist?

I don't understand why you are cracking up at this when there is clearly only one candidate that is doing things that attract white supremacists. If they were simply both racists, then the white supremacists would be split just like everyone else.
Because its the people like Biden and Kamala Harris etc who are preaching 14 trillion in tax reparations to AA'
s. Conservatives know thats fiscally irresponsible plus why put the burden on a generation that had nothing to do with slavery etc. Also racists i'm sure aren't for paying AA's any extra money as a 'sorry for our great great great great great grandparents'

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Muslim travel ban?
I missed that one. I saw where the media spun the shit out of a travel ban on a few Muslim majority countries that were churning out terrorist left and right. Even with that there was no travel ban on Muslims the countries affected by the ban made up a small fraction of the world Muslim population and a very small percentage of Muslim majority countries.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Nobody is defending Biden, certainly not Biden from the 1970s.

But, looking at today. Who do you see as the candidate favored by white supremacists? I mean, if Biden is pro-segregation etc, wouldn't they be jumping at the chance to vote for him? Why do they nearly always support Trump?
The white supremacists are going to oppose the party that is pandering to the black vote regardless of who the respective candidates are. It would be the same if Biden were the R and Trump was the D. If we start judging candidates based on the fringe idiots who support them, then we may as well all stay home on election day.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
I missed that one. I saw where the media spun the shit out of a travel ban on a few Muslim majority countries that were churning out terrorist left and right. Even with that there was no travel ban on Muslims the countries affected by the ban made up a small fraction of the world Muslim population and a very small percentage of Muslim majority countries.
We've been through this. Trump called for a "complete ban on Muslims entering the country" during his campaign.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Kind of weird how there aren't any rural white dudes that support North Korea, the North Vietnamese Army, Grenada, the Taliban, or Iraq and the United States militarily beat their asses as well.

Weird, right?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Well even Rudy Giuliani said that Trump referred to it as a "muslim ban" in a conversation they had about it. So I was just using his words. The same guy that is using "Kung Flu" on a regular basis.

He did declare a national emergency to sell nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia. The country that supplied most of the actors in the 9/11 attacks. He really cares about keeping us secure.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Have you ever read about the tenth amendment? He doesn't have the power to stop the States from bidding against each other. He doesn't have the power to make stay at home orders. The only thing he can do is what he did echo the CDC recommendations.

He couldn't stop the Governors of the 5 states that were putting Covid patients in Nursing homes for the same reasons.

The media is so FOS it's crazy. It's really sad people don't understand constitutional limits on federal power any more and want the fed to fix everything.
He has the power to not attempt to not incite insurrection against state governors for political purposes. He has the power to wear a mask in public and encourage his supporters to do so. He has the power to hold off on attempting to strip healthcare from millions until the pandemic is over. He has the power to encourage social distancing at political events he plans.

The media or other governors or Hillary or whatever boogeyman you come up with tomorrow isn't who did that.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
That is an incredible amount of rationalization. I mean, wow, just wow.

I'm trying to think about my life as a white person and the times I have been accused of racism, which for all of us is at least a few. And, now, the times that I thought yelling "WHITE POWER" and raising my fist was an appropriate response because, you know, that would obviously just be sarcasm. LOL. This board is truly unbelievable sometimes.
First of all I’m not white, and I also fail to see how that matters. And second of all, I’m not rationalizing anything. I watched the video several times and I’m pretty sure the guy said white power because of the ridiculousness of people calling him racist. I don’t condone the guy doing it but I’m also not going to pretend it was something other than what it was. Not sure why that bothers you.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
First of all I’m not white, and I also fail to see how that matters. And second of all, I’m not rationalizing anything. I watched the video several times and I’m pretty sure the guy said white power because of the ridiculousness of people calling him racist. I don’t condone the guy doing it but I’m also not going to pretend it was something other than what it was. Not sure why that bothers you.
The classic Trump defense..apparently radiates from the POTUS out to his supporters...so they can justify everything they say or do
1593705231937.png

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Maybe we need to rethink who the average Joe is. The average Joe in your (and my) mind probably doesn't have to worry about randomly getting their car searched and possibly hauled into jail for "resisting" because they made the mistake of driving the wrong car in the wrong neighborhood. But, for a bunch of people that's a reality. I think the average Joe has sympathy for that situation but kinda wants to virtue signal by changing their Facebook profile picture for a week and hope it goes away.

As to defunding police, that word gets a lot of traction but no one is looking at the details. The Minneapolis city council voted to defund their police department so more riots there right? What they actually voted on was a restructuring where the police department is still there, they just answer to a higher department instead of being on their own. And it's going to break up the officers union so if you're anti union this one may be a win.
143% increase in gun sales in June 2020 over June 2019. 177% Handguns, 117% Longguns. FBI processed around 4million background checks. People are on edge. People are getting jumpy. Saw another pic where a woman had an altercation with a Black Woman and Her Daughter and pulled a gun after her car was hit.

People realize they cannot count on the police to deal with this stuff. People who otherwise don't care about news and politics have been stuck at home watching cities burn and monuments come down. 15 people have died in the process that weren't killed by cops. 16yr old kid and 14yr old kid were shot up by CHAZ security. Reportedly over 300 rounds were fired into the vehicle.

I have a number of relatives that are all for police reform and stand against racism, but they are not about to get yanked out of their car and beaten. They are not going into Provo and thinking they can drive to avoid protesters and get shot. They are packing and are ready to go. This will increase.

For all the "peaceful" protester crap being shouted from the mountaintops, its the other stuff that gets noticed for more. I was all for the protests until they got extremely violent. Retired Officer David Dorn died defending a friend's pawn shop. A Cop in Tulsa just lost his life. Average Joe doesn't hate the cops. Average Joe isn't down with burning down this country. The Dems are sitting idly by while THEIR CITIES burn.

BTW, who they hell are these democrats that run these cities and states accusing of institutional racism? Are they NOT the institution themselves? Jackasses.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
The classic Trump defense..apparently radiates from the POTUS out to his supporters...so they can justify everything they say or do
View attachment 82687
Blame it on the liberal media. If they weren't taking 99% of the stuff he says and does out of context we might actually pay attention on the rare occasions they get it somewhat right. Your the worst about posting stories where they take one sentence out of a statement where the meaning of the entire statement was the opposite of what the sentence said and they run with that sentence as the story.

Trump usually says what the sin is then explains his view. The press always reports the part where he states the sin like it's his view.

Mar 11, 2006
Again, if this is true, why are all the white supremacists on Trump's side? Why are they not all flocking to Biden?

You are making up your own facts.
What facts do you have that
I fail to see how I’m defending Trump when I’m saying he’s a moron for retweeting it. All I’m doing is putting it in context based on my opinion.
You are not. In people with a one-sided myopic mind if you dont believe exactly like they want you to believe then you are wrong. Their bias prohibits alternative views.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I fail to see how I’m defending Trump when I’m saying he’s a moron for retweeting it. All I’m doing is putting it in context based on my opinion.
You are not allowed to have an opinion. Unless it is their opinion that you parrot back like an obedient little jackass. Anything else is fascism. Anything else is racist. Anything else is missing the point.