winless home conference season?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 25, 2009
We only have TEXAS and WVU left on the home slate......yikes. We may need wins at KSU and Baylor just to get bowl eligible.
I don’t think it’s “May” we will need wins there. With our current situation I’m dreading what OU, Texas, West VA is going to look like and even TCU

Apr 20, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
I don’t think it’s “May” we will need wins there. With our current situation I’m dreading what OU, Texas, West VA is going to look like and even TCU
If we pull our heads out (huge if), TCU is winnable. Those other three aren't, even if we play well. Still, I guess stranger things have happened (OU 2014).
I shan't have hope for outliers like 2014 OU. My emotional bandwidth can't manage it.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
the rain threw my wheat planting off, therefore I will be in the field, working cows, or anything else not watch to this train-wreck. I may listen and be thankful that at least I get to listen to quality play by play unlike my gooner family members that get to listen to the worst broadcast team in the world.

Feb 7, 2009
Those are two tough remaining home games. And we play the sooners on the road, and the pokes will be underdogs in all 3 games. That doesn't leave much margin for error. But upsets do happen.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Guerin Emig...

OSU needs any win it can get before the schedule takes a wicked turn.

“I think we’re pretty good on what to do,” coach Mike Gundy said this week. “I don’t know that we all need to hit the panic button.”

The coach does have a sense of calm about him, which is admirable given how frustrating it must be to watch players make familiar mistakes.

“We just need to clean up a little (pass) protection stuff,” Gundy said. “Defensively, we’ve gotta quit getting our eyes violated (meaning his defensive backs must be smarter about being baited by ball-handling quarterbacks). I keep saying that every week, and everybody says, ‘Well, why don’t you do something about it?’ Trust me, we’re trying.”

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
now all of a sudden Texas isn't a winnable game (even at home), GTFOH
Texas is better than any team we've played. They're 3-0 in conference having already beaten the only likely playoff contender from the big 12. They have a talented front seven on defense that will eviscerate our matador offensive line. Ehlinger seems to be figuring it out and we have serious issues defending dual threat quarterbacks. So, like several (possibly most) people on here, I do not think we can realistically beat them with this team, especially at home where we've been terrible over the last two years. Any insight as to why you disagree or do you just have more one liners absent anything meaningful?

Jun 23, 2009
New York
Texas is better than any team we've played. They're 3-0 in conference having already beaten the only likely playoff contender from the big 12. They have a talented front seven on defense that will eviscerate our matador offensive line. Ehlinger seems to be figuring it out and we have serious issues defending dual threat quarterbacks. So, like several (possibly most) people on here, I do not think we can realistically beat them with this team, especially at home where we've been terrible over the last two years. Any insight as to why you disagree or do you just have more one liners absent anything meaningful?
You also fail to mention that they barely beat Tulsa and KState and lost to Maryland. Are they a top 10 team? No fricken way, not even close. Are they top 25? It's debatable, we'll see how the rest of the year plays out. To act like they are Bama or Clemson and say we have no chance against them, especially at home on homecoming......is idiotic

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
You also fail to mention that they barely beat Tulsa and KState and lost to Maryland. Are they a top 10 team? No fricken way, not even close. Are they top 25? It's debatable, we'll see how the rest of the year plays out. To act like they are Bama or Clemson and say we have no chance against them, especially at home on homecoming......is idiotic
Man, what was I thinking. Clearly it's idiotic to think this team couldn't beat Texas. I mean losing to Iowa state and Tech surely means a team needs to be at the level of Bama or Clemson to dominate us. I guess K State was just the best 2-4 team in the country. Probably should be in playoff contention.

May 29, 2007
NE OK

Week 2 OK State throttles Week 2 Texas.

But things have changed since then. We have regressed since Boise and Texas is starting to figure things out and get confident. If Ehlinger is healthy then our secondary is going to have a bad time against their two big receivers. If it's Buechele then we need to hit him early and often to have a chance to stay in the game.

Oct 7, 2009
Texas will be an easy win. They haven't played a 4-quarter game yet, and without their starter QB who has run successfully at times, this will be a much slower game. As long as they don't start some unheard-of freshman QB for his first-ever college game, Gundy will make sure this is an easy win.

OU would like to have a 10-game margin over Gundy's Win-Loss totals, so this game will be important for that reason - to them. But it's a rivalry game so the score could be close or very lopsided. I doubt Riley Lincoln will run up the score and perhaps chase off one of his favorite pets, though. He's got to keep feeding the kitty to make sure Gundy's still around for years of more beatings. So, that's in OSU's favor.