Willie Nelson announces fund raiser for Beto O'rourke

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Conservative Willie Nelson fans are very upset after Willie announced on Facebook today he is throwing a fund raising concert in Texas to benefit Beto.... Ted Cruz's Dem Challenger in Texas Senate race

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
A/V Subscriber
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
He did the same for Abortion Barbie Pink Shoes and she got trounced. I don't think Bob the Burglar will get trounced, but I do believe Cruz will still win.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I’m not sure that Willie has that many “conservative” fans.

Hippies and stoners?

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Do you wanna know how I know all this outrage is crap. Willie publicly supported Dennis Kucinich (sp? He is too irrelevant to look up) who is way way left of Beto and thinks he had an experience with alien and no one cared. About the same time there was a song by called what would Willie do that sold a gozillion shirts and truck stickers

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I'm thoroughly enjoying the beto hype. When he gets crushed it will be all the more enjoyable.
Yeah..I suspect it will be a whipping along the lines of the Cynthia Nixon vs Cuomo primary that went down yesterday.

Cynthia Nixon was getting all kinds of hype and then got trounced by 30% in the election last night :lol::lol:

ramases2112

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I'm thoroughly enjoying the beto hype. When he gets crushed it will be all the more enjoyable.
Yeah..I suspect it will be a whipping along the lines of the Cynthia Nixon vs Cuomo primary that went down yesterday.

Cynthia Nixon was getting all kinds of hype and then got trounced by 30% in the election last night
Cruz got more votes in the primary by himself than the entire democratic field and that is with the "muh blue wave" hype driving them. Just wait until the general. Cruz will easily win re election.

MadMau

Wrangler
Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
Steve Hilton on The Next Revolution was panning Cruz for his hypocrisy involving campaign contributions and then votes for the lobbyist positions the other night.

Cruz is a much better choice than Beto IMO (much like Trump is flawed but better for the country than Hillary), but lest we forget........ Cruz is a Swamp creature too!

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
I know of a few people who can vote, and are voting for Beto, only because his is not Ted Cruz. They have no idea of his position/history/etc. They just think Ted Cruz is unnatural and possibly an alien (from space -not latin america).

this is your electorate.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
OKC
I know of a few people who can vote, and are voting for Beto, only because his is not Ted Cruz. They have no idea of his position/history/etc. They just think Ted Cruz is unnatural and possibly an alien (from space -not latin america).

this is your electorate.
I mean...replace Cruz with Clinton and Beto with Trump and that sounds like the presidential election.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
I mean...replace Cruz with Clinton and Beto with Trump and that sounds like the presidential election.
i disagree on the analogy, but that doesn't mean the presidential election was normal. It was weird, just a different type of irrational weird.

We, as an electorate, are irrational idiots.