Wildcats vs. Cowboys Game Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
I like the staff and continue to support them but they have to go to an offense clinic this summer. Dribbling and standing is not an offense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mar 27, 2008
Can you blame them? The crowd tonight made me embarrassed to call myself an OSU fan. This university has really changed. I didn't change. I grew up an OSU basketball fan and I will always be one. That's why I went there. But now we have people trying to think we can be as good as OU is at football. It just blows my mind. We really have lost our way.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
That was an unacceptable game on offense and defense. Coach looked horrible. I didn’t see any adjustments, in fact they looked worse in the second half.

Not saying we need to get rid of the coach but this is what happens when Holder hires a guy with no head coaching experience. He had no idea how to attack kstate on defense or offense. Just a ridiculous game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Nothing good to take away from that game. I can understand that this team was going to struggle, but I'm not seeing much progress besides Anei. Better recruits will make us more competitive but at some point the coaches have to help put these players in a position to be successful.

Dub

Cowboy
May 31, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
www.pillowfight.us
With Cooper and Sutton on staff, I'd expect Boyton to have plenty of guidance as he matures.

Today was a mess. The announcers had the right call - the screeners weren't screening anybody. Coaches made no adjustments.

Did anyone read any comments from Boynton after the game?

Aug 2, 2011
Just got back from the game
1) Crowd - terrible, KState fans everywhere
2) Players - not sure if it would have mattered to have more depth, Kstates D was suffocating and we dont seem to have an offensively philosophy
3) Boynton - like the guy but the book is still out
4) Recognizing the kids with cancer was the highlight of the game
5) Cheerleaders were out of sync, the guy started the spirit run and was by three sections before the music started....terrible
6) Anei may be good in a couple of years

Oct 30, 2007
We probably should've seen this coming. We've struggled scoring in the half court all season long, and K-State is the 4th best scoring defense in the country.

I really thought that Bruce Weber was about to be fired a few years back. You have to tip your hat to him. He's built a decent program. Their defense is impressive.