Why were there empty seats today?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
I thought Holder eliminated this when he started selling tickets for $250/7= less than $40/game.

If you couldnt find 3 friends or family members and you couldnt afford $40 for a 3-4 hour game in the nicest stadium in college football, you likely didnt have the same college experience I had 20 years ago.

Aug 31, 2008
nah, i will just say what i feel like and when i say compete for the south, i mean we have not been close to winning the south after say 6 conference games, and a bandwagon fan is someone who only likes a team because they win, not someone who wont pay for tickets that are priced higher than schools that are getting to big 12 championships, or have a higher demand for tickets like Neb and A&M, and HISTORICALLY we dont have as good of a program as the teams i mentioned, sorry but have not consistantly been a winner

i never said i would not buy tickets unless we are winning, but im not happy that OSU fans have to pay $85 for a baylor game for a team that has only won 14 games the two previous seasons

Aug 31, 2008
I thought Holder eliminated this when he started selling tickets for $250/7= less than $40/game.

If you couldnt find 3 friends or family members and you couldnt afford $40 for a 3-4 hour game in the nicest stadium in college football, you likely didnt have the same college experience I had 20 years ago.
well some people only have the cash to go to one game a year, and buying three sets of season tickets is probably a pain for an ordinary fan, if you plan on going to every game, its a reasonable deal

and trust me i remember what the stadium used to be like but tickets were also a lot cheaper too, if that is what you meant:confused:

Feb 7, 2007
well some people only have the cash to go to one game a year, and buying three sets of season tickets is probably a pain for an ordinary fan, if you plan on going to every game, its a reasonable deal

and trust me i remember what the stadium used to be like but tickets were also a lot cheaper too, if that is what you meant:confused:
I'm assuming then that you need 3 tickets to any one game, in which case you could have bought 3 to any pre-conf game for $20/per outside the stadium. Or even better, you could have bought 4 season tickets and sold the OU tickets for $100/each. You would have bought 6 games for less than $25 per ticket. Not a bad value, even if all you're looking at is entertainment.

Dont give up on coming to more games! :) We need you out there!

dhendo

Greenhorn
Sep 23, 2008
I'm assuming then that you need 3 tickets to any one game, in which case you could have bought 3 to any pre-conf game for $20/per outside the stadium. Or even better, you could have bought 4 season tickets and sold the OU tickets for $100/each. You would have bought 6 games for less than $25 per ticket. Not a bad value, even if all you're looking at is entertainment.

Yes, I anticipated this argument. My situation was my situation, a lot of people live closer to Stillwater, don't need four tickets, etc, etc. I certainly learned my lesson: don't buy a ticket retail, just get one local from scalpers. Now, does that help attendance? Not really, but it does help me get a ticket at a lower price if I'm willing to take the risk, and some other sucker is willing to take the loss.

dhendo

Greenhorn
Sep 23, 2008

Yes, I anticipated this argument. My situation was my situation, a lot of people live closer to Stillwater, don't need four tickets, etc, etc. I certainly learned my lesson: don't buy a ticket retail, just get one local from scalpers. Now, does that help attendance? Not really, but it does help me get a ticket at a lower price if I'm willing to take the risk, and some other sucker is willing to take the loss.

Second: if you want the lowest season ticket price, you MUST buy four for $980 + handling, otherwise it's $300 per seat for end zone season tickets. I do agree that it's a possible way to go if you've got the time, the money, and want to sit in the end zone.