Why were there empty seats today?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
i believe there are 3000 unsold club seats. i am not sure, but i think so, you do the math.:D

May 29, 2007
NE OK
Not all of us have the luxury of having weekends off :(

fwiw, I gave (yes gave, not sold) my tickets away although I have no idea whether or not they were used
I've worked most weekends for the last 5 years and it never failed that when I'd get my weekend off during football season the game would be out of town

Anyway I'll be at the ISU game!!! I haven't been able to come to a game for a while so I'm getting really pumped about seeing Stillwater and the facilities!!

Aug 18, 2005
Olathe, KS
There were 10,000 fans outside the stadium hanging out during the game..

some of these people would have went if they could have gotten a $40 ticket, but most of these types are the ones who go more for the social aspect and wouldn't have gone in if given a free ticket.
Totally agree with this post! If you judged the game attendance by the crowd in the parking lot... we would have had 60,000 in the stands. Today's was THE greatest PRE-game atmosphere that I've seen since I've been attending OSU games (Early 80's! damn I'm old). We just need to find a way to put all of those asses in the seats. Regardless, it was a loud crowd inside the stadium! Keep wining and the fans will come.

May 31, 2007
I wish just once I could make a post without dozens of people drilling me for it. Seriously, a topic full of people tossing out their guesses as to why the stadium was so empty. My guess was the 120.00 price tag for a Baylor game.

What the hell is your problem with my post this time? I swear, some of you are unbelievable.

Aug 18, 2005
Olathe, KS
13, you are tireless.

Oh, and tiresome, too.
If he would come to Stillwater on Game Day the way it is now, he'd find that extra $$ to be a part of what's going on @ OSU. The construction on campus, the football team, the "Walk", the tailgating... It's Awesome to be a Cowboy!!

Aug 29, 2005
Yorba Linda, CA
I wish just once I could make a post without dozens of people drilling me for it. Seriously, a topic full of people tossing out their guesses as to why the stadium was so empty. My guess was the 120.00 price tag for a Baylor game.

What the hell is your problem with my post this time? I swear, some of you are unbelievable.
For starters, do you think that there's ANYBODY left in the United States who doesn't know your view on ticket prices?

May 31, 2007
If he would come to Stillwater on Game Day the way it is now, he'd find that extra $$ to be a part of what's going on @ OSU. The construction on campus, the football team, the "Walk", the tailgating... It's Awesome to be a Cowboy!!
Poke93, I am at every game cheering my head off. I am stating that one reason there were probably a lot of empty seats in the stadium was the steep ticket prices for a game that is usually less than competitive. The economy is not in good shape right now and the first things to go from some peoples' budgets will be luxury items like football tickets. What is there not to understand about that? Or maybe I am actually a Sooner fan in disguise for trying to figure out possible reasons our stadium is not as full as it could be?

Tre

Wrangler
Jun 26, 2007
Stillwater
50,000+ yes...unfortunately sounds like 30,000 fans because north side sets on the butts the whole game like bumps on a pickle....I almost seen a lady slap a guy in the back of the head because he was standing up and cheering....what the...?

Aug 31, 2008
i had a friend who was wanting to go to the game but when ticket prices are a minimum $85 dollars, some people are just not going to go, granted if you really tried to get cheaper tickets then it would probably not be too difficult

but that is why there were so many empty seats, ticket prices are too damn high!!!

dash

Territorial Marshal
Oct 3, 2008
Edmond, OK
I told everyone here before the game NOT to expect an attendance record. I gave my reasons there. It was the thread titled: Sellout!?

Seriously. Give it a rest... be glad we are showing the fans we are and that the stadium is loud regardless.

The economy sucks, people are losing their jobs, homes are getting foreclosed, food prices are rising at ridiculous rates, and you want to bitch because people can't afford to go to a game?

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
50,000+ yes...unfortunately sounds like 30,000 fans because north side sets on the butts the whole game like bumps on a pickle....I almost seen a lady slap a guy in the back of the head because he was standing up and cheering....what the...?
Oh, lordy, lordy... not another "real fans stand up the whole game" thread. Standing up for 3.5 hours sounds great when you're 20. But when you're 55 and have bad knees and a bad back, it simply isn't possible. That shouldn't, however, keep you from raising your voice. You "almost seen a lady slap a guy..."???

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The economy sucks, people are losing their jobs, homes are getting foreclosed, food prices are rising at ridiculous rates, and you want to bitch because people can't afford to go to a game?
The inflation rate in the US is running at about 4.94% this year. Unemployment for the state of Oklahoma is 4%.

Tickets are expensive, but stop with the soup lines, great depression, doom and gloom.

dash

Territorial Marshal
Oct 3, 2008
Edmond, OK
The inflation rate in the US is running at about 4.94% this year. Unemployment for the state of Oklahoma is 4%.

Tickets are expensive, but stop with the soup lines, great depression, doom and gloom.
Sorry. I've spent enough time at the food bank, and helping around in communities outside of those I'm familiar to know that things are not well. They may not be all doom and gloom in your neighborhood, but many people that HAVE been well, aren't so well.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Sorry. I've spent enough time at the food bank, and helping around in communities outside of those I'm familiar to know that things are not well. They may not be all doom and gloom in your neighborhood, but many people that HAVE been well, aren't so well.
Was there ever a time at the food bank that things didn't seem pretty bleak?

BTW, Thanks for the work you do.

dash

Territorial Marshal
Oct 3, 2008
Edmond, OK
Was there ever a time at the food bank that things didn't seem pretty bleak?

BTW, Thanks for the work you do.
If you've been to the food bank to help out at any time, the guy that runs the place lets you know what their outgoing amounts are in relation to what they've been. But yea, food bank isn't a place to go celebrate anything... ;)