Why didnt we see Jahmyl Jeter?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RedRoss

Joe Rugby
A/V Subscriber
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
what about that highly touted freshman Glass? or that JUCO kid Jackson? I hope we have more depth than this or Chuba will wear down by week 8

Having said that, I should calm down cuz its week 1 lol

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Because Gundy has no plans to red shirt Cooper.
No need to waste one of four games those other RBs can play in. Now they can play 4 and still Redshirt if that’s how it shakes out

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
what about that highly touted freshman Glass? or that JUCO kid Jackson? I hope we have more depth than this or Chuba will wear down by week 8

Having said that, I should calm down cuz its week 1 lol
Glass showed up way out of shape, which means he will likely be redshirted this year.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
If I were Gundy, I don't think I'd show off Jeter right now. Chuba and Brown need to get up to speed and the physical demands of the season pronto. Plus, Chuba is a legit candidate for some high profile attention. He, Wallace and Sanders need the PT.

I'd wait to showcase Jeter down the line after he's had more practice and the season starts banging some people us a bit. When they need a little rest, then bring in the unknown diamonds-in-the-rough.

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
Chuba has good vision and finds holes if available to him, Brown is good if no one is anywhere near him and he is a blazer. Unfortunately he isn't a back that will make his own opportunities. Not sure leaving him at 2 is a good option.