Why can't the ouKlahoman mention the simplest of OSU things?!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I read elsewhere (Tulsa World) that the final college baseball rankings came out and our OSU Cowboys finished 11th in the nation, the highest ranking we've had since our last CWS appearance.

So, I checked and search the ouKlahoman for the article and nothing appeared.

Did anyone catch an ouKlahoman article about that or did the SE at "The State's Newspaper" ignore that little tidbit of OSU dominance over the ou program?

I realize that we may never get good coverage, but one would think that during a slow, sports news time especially with our universities in mind, that any news would make the sports page more interesting.
Instead I'm confronted with another Berry Tramel article that is so predictably written by that ou homer simply by the title of the article about the "possible schedule of opening games for ou". WTF?!
Can't he write something about David Boren's frequent trips to the lockerroom after a big, sweaty win?!

I know. I know. Get used to it, right?!
I'm sorry, but I simply must argue for better coverage of our Pokes from "The State's Newspaper" every once in a while.
Thank God we have a newspaper that can claim it represents the entire state.
I'd really rather them just come out and say, "We only really want to cover ou sports, but we need the added revenue".

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
I read elsewhere (Tulsa World) that the final college baseball rankings came out and our OSU Cowboys finished 11th in the nation, the highest ranking we've had since our last CWS appearance.

So, I checked and search the ouKlahoman for the article and nothing appeared.

Did anyone catch an ouKlahoman article about that or did the SE at "The State's Newspaper" ignore that little tidbit of OSU dominance over the ou program?

I realize that we may never get good coverage, but one would think that during a slow, sports news time especially with our universities in mind, that any news would make the sports page more interesting.
Instead I'm confronted with another Berry Tramel article that is so predictably written by that ou homer simply by the title of the article about the "possible schedule of opening games for ou". WTF?!
Can't he write something about David Boren's frequent trips to the lockerroom after a big, sweaty win?!

I know. I know. Get used to it, right?!
I'm sorry, but I simply must argue for better coverage of our Pokes from "The State's Newspaper" every once in a while.
Thank God we have a newspaper that can claim it represents the entire state.
I'd really rather them just come out and say, "We only really want to cover ou sports, but we need the added revenue".
I pickup the Jokelahoman in the street, copies nobody wanted and find them of critical use...they work great to start a charcoal fire. Accept it for what it is, a rag that nobody will even subscribe to.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I got a great headline for the DOK: In just a few short weeks, the OSU Cowboys will start the 2019 season in their quest to be the first team to make it to 5 Alamo Bowls. America is with you.