Who's gonna start at QB?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Sanders just hasn't taken that next step that is needed to helm the QB position. He's basically the same as the first time he practiced his freshman year. I don't think Sanders will ever be the starting QB.

The new OC has already given out a hint of Brown being the leader aka 1st-string QB. I would bet my house Brown will be the starter this year. Thent the current QB commit thereafter. Costello has no chance whatsoever of being the starter during his collegiate career
You have a link to that "hint" by any chance?

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Sanders just hasn't taken that next step that is needed to helm the QB position. He's basically the same as the first time he practiced his freshman year. I don't think Sanders will ever be the starting QB.

The new OC has already given out a hint of Brown being the leader aka 1st-string QB. I would bet my house Brown will be the starter this year. Thent the current QB commit thereafter. Costello has no chance whatsoever of being the starter during his collegiate career
Where did you hear this and what proof can you provide? Just wondering, like I said, I have no favorite and will fully support whomever is named.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
SMH... at this point I'm almost hoping that they both get hurt, just to shut up the stupid coming from threads like this one.

All we need to do is CHEER for the Pokes, and leave the coaching decisions to the coaches... anybody actually pulling for one guy over another isn't a team player, and IMO barely qualifies as a fan

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
SMH... at this point I'm almost hoping that they both get hurt, just to shut up the stupid coming from threads like this one.

All we need to do is CHEER for the Pokes, and leave the coaching decisions to the coaches... anybody actually pulling for one guy over another isn't a team player, and IMO barely qualifies as a fan
WOW! But stating you "almost hope they both get hurt" is the epitome of a fan? GTFO with that crap, it was a simple discussion about QB's. You're the only non-qualifier here so far.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
When did the new OC (Sean Gleeson is his name FYI) give out a hint that Brown would be QB1? It's the first time that I've heard that. Everyone has been talking about the spring practice/game that SS wasn't really sharp, well he lost his grandfather like 2 days before so his mind was probably somewhere else TBH. I 'm not sure I would bet my house on him never starting even if you live in a shanty it's probably not a safe bet.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond

you say you hope they both get hurt and then you fan shame people for having a discussion about who the QB will be..............:facepalm:

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
WOW! But stating you "almost hope they both get hurt" is the epitome of a fan? GTFO with that crap, it was a simple discussion about QB's. You're the only non-qualifier here so far.
you say you hope they both get hurt and then you fan shame people for having a discussion about who the QB will be..............:facepalm:
Classic Cali bit. He holds moral high ground in all conversations. Nobody is better than him.

This is the same guy claiming that Houston has a better golf program.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

That reminds me. I was about to start a thread discussing who would be the next in line if both of these guys get hurt.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

No I'm thinking cowboy orange 82 is a non-qualifier here with his hearsay.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
Kyler Murray was terrible at aTm and was the best player in football last year. DB is not Kyler, but kids can improve dramatically with maturity and better coaching.

As I've said before, I hope SS wins the job and it's obvious the coaches are giving him every opportunity to. But if he doesn't, we will still be really good on offense. With the weapons we have, all we need is someone to not screw it up.

This is a good offseason thread. Glad to be a part of it.
Get handed the keys to the Ferrari and just tell the "driver" not to wreck it. Both QBs (and even Costello) will be serviceable I think. Spencer has the most upside by far but being young and not seeing the field much he will be prone to mistakes. Part of it, some you can live with but we don't need them to cost us games and costly possessions. If the coaches think the latter will happen, you'll see a taxi cab driver at QB.

VENTRINO

You've got 5 seconds.. and 3 are up.
Sep 10, 2008
The Dojo

And I hope you break all your fingers so you can’t type stupid shit like this

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City

I find it hilarious that you place California in your username while spewing stupid sh*t like this. Placing yourself on a moral pedistool while spitting out malicious stupid vitriol. Very fitting.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I find it hilarious that you place California in your username while spewing stupid sh*t like this. Placing yourself on a moral pedistool while spitting out malicious stupid vitriol. Very fitting.
oh sorry... guess we'll place you in the "I wish Sanders was QB" camp. Just say you wish one of our guys would be 2nd and get it over with, and leave me out of it... you'll feel better.

I spoke in broad generalities without calling out any one individual.... and then the personal attacks being.

WTH does California have to do with any of it - and why exactly do you think I have Cali in my username? (I've said why in the past)