Who's gonna start at QB?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I dont think any down is meaningless for somebody who hasnt played one yet. For a myriad of reasons. There's also nothing wrong with some constructive criticism, and evaluation of what went wrong so you can be better.
So you are excited about a guy that was a backup last year, has shown a unique ability to choke, and is learning a new offense. Gooner logic, smh

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Give me 3 examples in the last ten years where a coach just held a QB tryout in the middle of a game when it mattered.

BTW, it’s not good business or every coach on every team would do it every year.

Moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OSU v Colorado, Weeden put after Cate ducks the 1st half and Robinson is sidelined with injuries. That one stands out.

Didn't Saban do that exact thing in the 2nd half of the National Championship when he replaced the gooner nation's current heart throb with a freshman?

That's two, I'm sure there's a third out there.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Here's the third Iowa State had moved their qb to linebacker in favor of a new qb. New qb chokes and they move lb back to qb, they win. New QB disappears after that.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Give me 3 examples in the last ten years where a coach just held a QB tryout in the middle of a game when it mattered.

BTW, it’s not good business or every coach on every team would do it every year.

Moron.

OSU v Colorado, Weeden put after Cate ducks the 1st half and Robinson is sidelined with injuries. That one stands out.

Didn't Saban do that exact thing in the 2nd half of the National Championship when he replaced the gooner nation's current heart throb with a freshman?

Neither was a tryout.

Comprehension must not be in the curriculum in Norman.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
[/Quote]Thanks, i was giving you an honest thoughtful reason why I became a college football fan, why i like the team I do, and you call it lame. Tough crowd. Not stockholm, they were just the team on tv. But the OU teams i saw for the first time as a child were terrible. I didnt know anything about the history, my parents had no clue, we're not from this state originally. I'm the only one in my family who watches football and OU was on tv. That's it, it's really as simple as that for a little kid. So unlike you it wasnt a choice for me, it was just the way it was. Sometimes i think osu fans have little man's syndrome. Like they go out of their way to hate on the university and their fans because they like something you hate.. I dont care that much bro, it's just a rivalry. You guys get too emotional. I was just trying to talk football.[/QUOTE]

This is rich...goon fans I interact with: parents, in-laws, spouse, you & Typical Loser. (Looks around the webpage- yep still orange power)- And yet, we're the ones with "little man's syndrome".

Sanders will be the starter by the time we get to conference play. Brown likely gets the nod to start. He's still working through the mental aspect of actual game action. I'm betting he's better overall, but he relishes the glow of the bright lights. (Imo)

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Firstly, I'm not talking about a tryout, never even said that once. Talking about throwing a young player out there to see what he's got, give him a few plays to feel things out. Or a few series. With the new redshirt rule, it happened a bunch last season. I Also never mentioned anything about playing when it matters. If you cared to actually pay attention to my posts, i was talking about playing in mop up duty. So yes, it's good business in certain circumstances. Like, the circumstance i described in my above post. "It's good business to see what you got in a player, especially in games that have already been decided, especially when it doesnt cost him any eligibility.". So yeah you wont be having a bunch of examples of this behavior because the new rule wasnt in effect yet.

Also good on you to get emotional and get with the name calling.

Thanks, i was giving you an honest thoughtful reason why I became a college football fan, why i like the team I do, and you call it lame. Tough crowd. Not stockholm, they were just the team on tv. But the OU teams i saw for the first time as a child were terrible. I didnt know anything about the history, my parents had no clue, we're not from this state originally. I'm the only one in my family who watches football and OU was on tv. That's it, it's really as simple as that for a little kid. So unlike you it wasnt a choice for me, it was just the way it was. Sometimes i think osu fans have little man's syndrome. Like they go out of their way to hate on the university and their fans because they like something you hate.. I dont care that much bro, it's just a rivalry. You guys get too emotional. I was just trying to talk football.
Give me one example of where your beloved Coach Brony has ever used a backup qb like that....you can't.
You mean last season with Mordecai? Yeah he played. So did the other backup. Georgia did it with Fields. Clemson did with Brice despite already having a young starter and Kelly Bryant. Alabama did it with Mac jones despite their other two qbs playing. I’m just on an island here aren’t I? All those guys were freshmen (except Kendall)And all those teams had established starters, in a title run, yet still played those young qbs

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Moron.

If you are going to cite those examples, you should also cite where hurts had to come in and replace tagovailoa in order to defeat Georgia.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I dont think any down is meaningless for somebody who hasnt played one yet. For a myriad of reasons. There's also nothing wrong with some constructive criticism, and evaluation of what went wrong so you can be better.
So you are excited about a guy that was a backup last year, has shown a unique ability to choke, and is learning a new offense. Gooner logic, smh
I’m not sure what you mean. Who am i excited about? I never mentioned being excited about anyone. I was talking about qbs and playing time.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Thanks, i was giving you an honest thoughtful reason why I became a college football fan, why i like the team I do, and you call it lame. Tough crowd. Not stockholm, they were just the team on tv. But the OU teams i saw for the first time as a child were terrible. I didnt know anything about the history, my parents had no clue, we're not from this state originally. I'm the only one in my family who watches football and OU was on tv. That's it, it's really as simple as that for a little kid. So unlike you it wasnt a choice for me, it was just the way it was. Sometimes i think osu fans have little man's syndrome. Like they go out of their way to hate on the university and their fans because they like something you hate.. I dont care that much bro, it's just a rivalry. You guys get too emotional. I was just trying to talk football.[/QUOTE]

This is rich...goon fans I interact with: parents, in-laws, spouse, you & Typical Loser. (Looks around the webpage- yep still orange power)- And yet, we're the ones with "little man's syndrome".

Sanders will be the starter by the time we get to conference play. Brown likely gets the nod to start. He's still working through the mental aspect of actual game action. I'm betting he's better overall, but he relishes the glow of the bright lights. (Imo)
It’s not usual behavior between the fans of programs such as ours. Auburn fans think all Alabama fans are losers who live in parents basements, wears the success of the football team like a badge of honor and is too stupid to ever attend as a student. (Sound familiar?)I see this behavior between fans of many interstate rivalries. Especially when one program has a more successful history. That’s retarded though, none of that history or success belongs to fans

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
This is such a ridiculous conversation. The most Sanders would have gotten were Wudtee’s snaps...and that wasn’t much at all.

Cornelius needed all of the snaps he got. In blowouts or any other fashion. He was a first year starter, needed the reps, and you never throw away a season in preparation for future seasons. Regardless of how low the ceiling is for the year, you owe it to the seniors to win as many games as possible. Even in obvious losing efforts (like Texas Tech), you play Cornelius so that he continues to learn and gel so that he can perform better during the remainder of the year.

Sanders was also a late enrollee who weighed 185 pounds soaking wet and had TWO season ending injuries in high school. If you think those facts didn’t play a factor in him not seeing the field then you’re being purposely obtuse.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
This is such a ridiculous conversation. The most Sanders would have gotten were Wudtee’s snaps...and that wasn’t much at all.

Cornelius needed all of the snaps he got. In blowouts or any other fashion. He was a first year starter, needed the reps, and you never throw away a season in preparation for future seasons. Regardless of how low the ceiling is for the year, you owe it to the seniors to win as many games as possible. Even in obvious losing efforts (like Texas Tech), you play Cornelius so that he continues to learn and gel so that he can perform better during the remainder of the year.

Sanders was also a late enrollee who weighed 185 pounds soaking wet and had TWO season ending injuries in high school. If you think those facts didn’t play a factor in him not seeing the field then you’re being purposely obtuse.
Being behind a first year starter is a bad excuse. 3 playoff teams had first yr starters who were pulled late in blowouts. Each of Clemson’s backups played in 4 games, saving eligibility and got plenty of good reps. Even Alabama’s and Georgia’s 3rd string qbs both played in 4 games. But shouldn’t they have given those reps to their freshman starters so they can learn and gel so they can perform better during the remainder of the year? Or does gundy know something that those other scrub coaches don’t?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

PLUS.....

Sanders didn’t know the playbook, and couldn’t execute the offense at the necessary level. Heck, Gundy just stated yesterday he’s just now able to handle all that goes on pre-snap at the LOS. There was simply no way he was going to see the field barring injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.