Who's gonna start at QB?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
History is littered with highly recruited QBs that turned out to be busts.
History is littered with first-round QBs that turned out to be busts.
History is littered with lightly recruited QBs that turned out to be superstars.

Anyone definitively stating which QB on our roster should start and why just might be a moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do statistics tell us about highly rated prospects vs lower rated prospects? History is littered with all types of outliers.

It was a question posed to the board that required opinions. If someone has a strong opinion and gives their reason why, it doesn’t make them a possible moron. Not realizing this seems to have more moronic potential.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
History is littered with highly recruited QBs that turned out to be busts.
History is littered with first-round QBs that turned out to be busts.
History is littered with lightly recruited QBs that turned out to be superstars.

Anyone definitively stating which QB on our roster should start and why just might be a moron.

What do statistics tell us about highly rated prospects vs lower rated prospects? History is littered with all types of outliers.

It was a question posed to the board that required opinions. If someone has a strong opinion and gives their reason why, it doesn’t make them a possible moron. Not realizing this seems to have more moronic potential.
Who’s gonna start? (The OPs question) or Who should start? (Answers to which I commented) That’s two different questions. One answer requires only a guess and is answerable by almost anyone. One answer requires a significant understanding of the players’ grasp and ability to execute the offense and is reasonably answerable by maybe two people.

Last edited:

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Who’s gonna start? (The OPs question) or Who should start? (Answers to which I commented) That’s two different questions. One answer requires only a guess and is answerable by almost anyone. One answer requires a significant understanding of the players’ grasp and ability to execute the offense and is reasonably answerable by maybe two people.

Nope, two questions same requirements. No matter which question you want to make it, it will always be speculation/opinion on the responders part.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Uh....Gundy really is the OC and the QB coach. Seriously.... he makes all the decisions. Yurcich would have put in Brown or Sanders last year, but Gundy nixed any changes. It is my belief that Gundy gets input from coaches, but the buck stops and he makes the final decision. Brown is still here so my guess is he has a good chance of being the starter. He wasn't that bad at Hawaii, but had poor receivers and team and they got some good receivers the next year if he had stayed at Hawaii.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Guerin Emig...

We’ve had one peek at the Oklahoma State quarterbacks since the end of spring practice. Sean Gleeson gave it to us — a tweeted photo of the QBs playing cornhole in Gleeson’s Stillwater yard on June 23.

“Occasionally the NCAA allows us to have a meal with the guys. I like to get them together,” Gleeson said. “It’s good to get them in that setting and have some down time with them and show them a different part of your life other than the meeting room and film room.”

This is particularly important for an offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach who has been on the job five months. If Gleeson, OSU’s 34-year-old play-caller, can get Spencer Sanders, Dru Brown and Brendan Costello comfortable with him, it might be easier for Sanders, Brown and Costello to get comfortable with his system, his tutoring.

That being said, it’s the meeting and film rooms that are paramount. Cowboy fans are more interested in Sanders’ absorption of Gleeson’s offense, not his digestion of Gleeson’s barbecue. Or Brown’s absorption, seeing as how Gleeson maintains it’s still a two-player race for the starting job while freshman Costello gains college seasoning.

“We will make a decision when it’s apparent to us. Coach (Mike) Gundy has said that,” Gleeson said during a recent chat with the Tulsa World and Oklahoman. “We’re not trying to fool anybody. When the time comes, the time comes.”

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
That's a good read from Guerin, I like that we now have a OC that wants to build around the talent he has rather than trying to mold the talent to his system. I really expect the offense to be very dynamic by the time we go into conference play. I really think Gundy found an outstanding upgrade at OC and I'm excited for the season to start.