Who's gonna start at QB?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I think you misread the thread, and folks are trying their best to needlessly disparage Brown in an attempt to prop up Sanders.

Frankly, I hope the guy that gives us the best chance to win is in the game.

I'm not interested in someone's feelings being hurt, or speculation about transferring, none of that

just win baby..... we need wins. Lots of wins.
beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
I think I simply said that your opinion is unfair.

If you want to include misrepresented and unsupported, I'd be okay with that too.

an example would be the comparisons of how Brown performed on a Hawaii team, without also discussing the impact of the surrounding personnel on his "performance", and including the type of offensive system that was run. So many of the statements that were made are simply unfair.
I mean I don't know what you want to hear. 2017 Hawaii with Brown at QB ranked in the bottom half of teams offensively and in 2018 without Brown ranked in the top 25 offensively.

They had zero receivers with more than 700 yards receiving and more than 5 TDs in 2017. They had 3 of them in 2018. Including a guy who finished in the top 5 in the country in receiving yards in John Ursua (who by the way was also the team's leading receiver in 2017). They did this all while having a significantly better rushing offense in 2017 than they did in 2018. Which one would think should make it easier to throw the ball if the defense has to focus on the run.

But that's all what happened at Hawaii and has absolutely zero bearing on what will happen at OSU. Is it because he was in a bad system or because he wasn't a very good QB? The not being recruited out of high school, JUCO, etc. seems to point towards the latter.

But as you've already stated you won't be swayed by some yahoo on the internet so I'm not even sure why you're still here or why I'm bothering to argue the point.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I mean I don't know what you want to hear. 2017 Hawaii with Brown at QB ranked in the bottom half of teams offensively and in 2018 without Brown ranked in the top 25 offensively.

They had zero receivers with more than 700 yards receiving and more than 5 TDs in 2017. They had 3 of them in 2018. Including a guy who finished in the top 5 in the country in receiving yards in John Ursua (who by the way was also the team's leading receiver in 2017). They did this all while having a significantly better rushing offense in 2017 than they did in 2018. Which one would think should make it easier to throw the ball if the defense has to focus on the run.

But that's all what happened at Hawaii and has absolutely zero bearing on what will happen at OSU. Is it because he was in a bad system or because he wasn't a very good QB? The not being recruited out of high school, JUCO, etc. seems to point towards the latter.

But as you've already stated you won't be swayed by some yahoo on the internet so I'm not even sure why you're still here or why I'm bothering to argue the point.
You have to let him have the last word or it will never end.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal

I told you already what I want .... TRUTH. Not out of context, mindless statistics.

They ran a Pro style offense in Brown's final year, with a dysfunctional low moral team, and a lost first year HC that tried to push the run.

They lost most of their starters to transfer, changed to a run-and-shoot (which the HC is familiar with and he recruited for), and put in the guy that could not win the starting job the prior season.

Corndog was not highly recruited, and he was freaking 6-5. Silly analogy.

If you cannot make any distinction between the Hawaii teams the past 2 seasons, then you really should not be discussing football on a public forum.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Oh boy, that's a whopper.
no, it is not a whopper... why in the hell do I say something and then you claim that I don't mean it? What the heck gives you the authority or knowledge to know what I think or what I believe? Why don't you just shut your trap since you don't know what in the hell you're talking about.

I like some of Trump's policies... I don't like some of Trump's policies. I'm not particularly found of his choices for Supreme Being, but they're better than what Obama did. I like the way he doesn't let foreign powers push us around, I'm not sure his approach is as tactful as it could be. I don't really like him at all, as a person, but I think he is the only person that could have successfully taken on the political and media climate of our time.

Trump is not doing anything for liberty or for the country or the economy that I believe every GOP President should be doing. So far, Trump is just as much big government as the last two GOP clowns.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
no, it is not a whopper... why in the hell do I say something and then you claim that I don't mean it? What the heck gives you the authority or knowledge to know what I think or what I believe? Why don't you just shut your trap since you don't know what in the hell you're talking about.

I like some of Trump's policies... I don't like some of Trump's policies. I'm not particularly found of his choices for Supreme Being, but they're better than what Obama did. I like the way he doesn't let foreign powers push us around, I'm not sure his approach is as tactful as it could be. I don't really like him at all, as a person, but I think he is the only person that could have successfully taken on the political and media climate of our time.

Trump is not doing anything for liberty or for the country or the economy that I believe every GOP President should be doing. So far, Trump is just as much big government as the last two GOP clowns.
This, to me, illustrates very wel. the divide we have today.

Some of us cringe at his tweets & other antics, yet approve of his intentions.

Some find him so loathsome that they're absolutely incapable of ever giving him an ounce of credit for anything.
Get that outta here!

Status
Not open for further replies.