Who would be your starting five in bball?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
As of this very moment, I'd go with:

Crime Dog
Yor
Likekele
Curtis Jones
Either Lindy or Weathers

I'm just not sold on Dziagwa as more than a novelty that shoots threes. We need more than that, right now.

Aug 19, 2006
What’s true story with Cunningham? Didn’t see him last night. I know he was suspended for a game at the end of Dec. Wonder if that’s turned into something bigger or HCMB just decided not to put him in.

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
What’s true story with Cunningham? Didn’t see him last night. I know he was suspended for a game at the end of Dec. Wonder if that’s turned into something bigger or HCMB just decided not to put him in.
Cunningham sat out again due to violation of team rules.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
1. Ice
2. Curtis Jones
3. Waters
4. McGriff
5. Anei

Ice and Anei are the future. Get them experience this year. They need to start all year. Both could be all conference players by their junior years. The talent is coming in with the recruiting classes, osu just need these young guys this year to get experience to help out next year when more talent comes in.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Yor is going to end up being a beloved fan favorite before he is through.
Still amazed at how well he does despite not having his two fingers. I know there are guys who play football without hands, but in basketball, if you truly want to be the best, you need to have all functioning digits, in order to do most of the things the game requires/asks for.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
1. Ice
2. Curtis Jones
3. Waters
4. McGriff
5. Anei

Ice and Anei are the future. Get them experience this year. They need to start all year. Both could be all conference players by their junior years. The talent is coming in with the recruiting classes, osu just need these young guys this year to get experience to help out next year when more talent comes in.
I think the future hasn't made it to campus yet

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
1. Ice
2. Curtis Jones
3. Waters
4. McGriff
5. Anei

and then what.... we'll need those new guys to get experience to help out these guy?

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
4 of the 5 freshmen play regularly in the rotation, Next season you have Boone and Watson to add to the mix, Cam Mcgriff and Lindy Waters, Jones, Weathers are upperclassmen. ICE and Yor are starters the rest of this season, Calloo and Demuth are solid bench guys That's a 10 man rotation next season. We will have to gain experience the hard way this season and the talent we are adding will make us a better team next season.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
4 of the 5 freshmen play regularly in the rotation, Next season you have Boone and Watson to add to the mix, Cam Mcgriff and Lindy Waters, Jones, Weathers are upperclassmen. ICE and Yor are starters the rest of this season, Calloo and Demuth are solid bench guys That's a 10 man rotation next season. We will have to gain experience the hard way this season and the talent we are adding will make us a better team next season.
lol.... we'd better be a better team next year, this one could be a pretty bad season. None of those new guys will help us with our inside game.

not only that, we'll have to gain some muscle... both of those Boone brothers need about 25 more pounds of muscle.

Watson is of better size, but he's playing a position that we have lots of help at already (SG).

Anderson is listed as a combo-guard.

Sep 23, 2010
My starters right now would be...

Weathers
Jones/Ice (Probably Jones because Ice can't make open 3's)
Waters
McGriff
Yor

Sep 23, 2010
lol.... we'd better be a better team next year, this one could be a pretty bad season. None of those new guys will help us with our inside game.

not only that, we'll have to gain some muscle... both of those Boone brothers need about 25 more pounds of muscle.

Watson is of better size, but he's playing a position that we have lots of help at already (SG).

Anderson is listed as a combo-guard.
Kalib Boone will help us on the interior because he can finish at the goal and he's a rim protector like Yor. The game is not as big of a street fight as used to be underneath. Strength certainly helps your chances. Yor, McGriff and Boone will be 3 solid interior players next year. I'm not sure about the others in Calloo, Dumuth and K. Jones. I only foresee 1, maybe 2 of those guys working out. I wouldn't mind seeing a graduate or juco transfer complimenting Boone, McGriff and Yor next year.

Watson and Anderson will provide us with athletic, dynamic guys who make plays in one on one scenarios. Really, Weathers is our only guy who can create one on one right now.

Ice, Yor and Weathers are going to be good players for our program. McGriff and Waters will be high quality guys as seniors...we just can't ask them to be the playmakers to often like we are currently. Hopefully our 3 4-star guys can have impact for us as freshmen.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
This. As I said on a previous thread, we're definitely going to have to brace ourselves for, at best, a .500 season.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Kalib Boone will help us on the interior because he can finish at the goal and he's a rim protector like Yor. The game is not as big of a street fight as used to be underneath. Strength certainly helps your chances. Yor, McGriff and Boone will be 3 solid interior players next year. I'm not sure about the others in Calloo, Dumuth and K. Jones. I only foresee 1, maybe 2 of those guys working out. I wouldn't mind seeing a graduate or juco transfer complimenting Boone, McGriff and Yor next year.

Watson and Anderson will provide us with athletic, dynamic guys who make plays in one on one scenarios. Really, Weathers is our only guy who can create one on one right now.

Ice, Yor and Weathers are going to be good players for our program. McGriff and Waters will be high quality guys as seniors...we just can't ask them to be the playmakers to often like we are currently. Hopefully our 3 4-star guys can have impact for us as freshmen.
Thanks for this it's constructed much better than my run-on thoughts. I agree with all of this I think Calloo will contribute more as this season progresses he has the physical ability it just needs to click mentally, whereas Deluth to me is more like a Mitch Solomon player except he is the freshman/sophomore Mitch not the senior Mitch right now. He needs to add some muscle and continue to improve.

To me the hardest player to give minutes to next season is also a senior and a captain this year. I know he is a 3 point machine but I don't see where Dizzy fits, he is a not good enough on defense currently and isn't good enough with the ball to create shots, he's a catch and shoot guy that doesn't require a lot of attention to guard. He has a lot of work to do still but I like his attitude and his work ethic.

Sep 23, 2010
This year is not going to be a good record. And the broadcasters told them Boynton told them as much. He told them he's not surprised where the team is right now. Ice, Yor and Weathers are 3 good underclassmen to build with. Add 3 4-stars next year. Add another committed 4-star for the year after. Sprinkle in some vets and I think he's building a nice foundation.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
This year is not going to be a good record. And the broadcasters told them Boynton told them as much. He told them he's not surprised where the team is right now. Ice, Yor and Weathers are 3 good underclassmen to build with. Add 3 4-stars next year. Add another committed 4-star for the year after. Sprinkle in some vets and I think he's building a nice foundation.
Oh, we're going to get a five-star for 2020, just watch...

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
If I were to lay out a "Five-Year Plan", I'd say shoot for the Sweet Sixteen. National Championship level wouldn't be until eight or nine years, realistically.
That's a hell of a long time for basketball. 2019/20 Make the Tourney, 2020/21 make a run in the Tourney, 2012/22 anything less than a sweet 16 is a disappointment.