Who we rooting for?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
WVU upsets either ou or ISU we're in correct?

(Assuming we win out.)

Crazier things have happened.
I’m not so sure ISU losing to WVU would be enough to put us in. Assuming ISU loses to WVU and OU/OSU win out.
That will set a 3 way tie with OU, OSU, and ISU in which ISU>OU>OSU>ISU.
Big 12 tiebreaker in a 3 way tie after head to head you compare schedules with next highest in conference going down the list. If UT is in 4th obviously we would be out as ISU and OU both have wins over UT. WVU could sneak into 4th but KSU would have to beat UT as well.

Oct 29, 2016
US
Are y'all still pouting like little children? Good grief. Man up. This is not professional football. This is collegiate football. You know, student-athletes.

I want OSU win and for OU to lose. I realize OSU isn't going to win every damn game and it's absurdly ridiculous to even suggest that we should win every damn game. Even if OU slaughters OSU, you know what you do? You put on your big boy pants and stop pouting like a little child. Good God. This board has been insufferable.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Are y'all still pouting like little children? Good grief. Man up. This is not professional football. This is collegiate football. You know, student-athletes.

I want OSU win and for OU to lose. I realize OSU isn't going to win every damn game and it's absurdly ridiculous to even suggest that we should win every damn game. Even if OU slaughters OSU, you know what you do? You put on your big boy pants and stop pouting like a little child. Good God. This board has been insufferable.
C’mon man! How is the average fan gonna convince us of his vast football knowledge and understanding of our roster, scheme, playbook, game plans, practice analysis, etc.. to prove Gundy doesn’t know what he’s doing and needs to be fired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
I’m not so sure ISU losing to WVU would be enough to put us in. Assuming ISU loses to WVU and OU/OSU win out.
That will set a 3 way tie with OU, OSU, and ISU in which ISU>OU>OSU>ISU.
Big 12 tiebreaker in a 3 way tie after head to head you compare schedules with next highest in conference going down the list. If UT is in 4th obviously we would be out as ISU and OU both have wins over UT. WVU could sneak into 4th but KSU would have to beat UT as well.
Pretty much, but if ISU wins against WVU we're hosed as we need the 3-way tied to have any shot. I don't see OU dropping another game.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
What happens if OU has a game cancelled due to Covid and finishes 6-2 against our 7-2?
I just read an article on that topic.

"As of Friday afternoon, the battle for second place is between the two Oklahoma schools. Oklahoma is at 5-2, a half-game better than OSU at 4-2.
There is a good chance that the average number of games played by Big 12 teams this year will be the standard nine games. The reason this is important is because to remain in contention to play for the conference championship a team must have played no fewer than one game less than the league average.
Assuming that the Sooners are able to play their final two games and win both, there is no way Oklahoma State can finish ahead of them because OU owns the tiebreaker over the Cowboys by virtue of the 41-13 win last weekend.

Oklahoma would also have the advantage should Oklahoma State win out, but play one game more or one game less than the Sooners. Again, the head-to-head outcome would have precedence over which team would win the No. 2 seed in the league title game despite the final winning percentage.

The two scenarios that absolutely cannot happen for Oklahoma to make the conference championship and defend its five consecutive Big 12 crowns are this:
  • Lose to either Baylor on Dec. 5 or at West Virginia on Dec. 12.
  • Not being to play either game because of a COVID outbreak and finish with a 5-2 record while Oklahoma State is able to win out and finish with a 7-2 record.
West Virginia, Texas and Kansas State all sit at 4-3, a half-game back of Oklahoma State and a full game back of the Sooners."

https://stormininnorman.com/2020/11/27/oklahoma-football-must-play-as-important-as-must-win/

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
I just read an article on that topic.

"As of Friday afternoon, the battle for second place is between the two Oklahoma schools. Oklahoma is at 5-2, a half-game better than OSU at 4-2.
There is a good chance that the average number of games played by Big 12 teams this year will be the standard nine games. The reason this is important is because to remain in contention to play for the conference championship a team must have played no fewer than one game less than the league average.
Assuming that the Sooners are able to play their final two games and win both, there is no way Oklahoma State can finish ahead of them because OU owns the tiebreaker over the Cowboys by virtue of the 41-13 win last weekend.

Oklahoma would also have the advantage should Oklahoma State win out, but play one game more or one game less than the Sooners. Again, the head-to-head outcome would have precedence over which team would win the No. 2 seed in the league title game despite the final winning percentage.

The two scenarios that absolutely cannot happen for Oklahoma to make the conference championship and defend its five consecutive Big 12 crowns are this:
  • Lose to either Baylor on Dec. 5 or at West Virginia on Dec. 12.
  • Not being to play either game because of a COVID outbreak and finish with a 5-2 record while Oklahoma State is able to win out and finish with a 7-2 record.
West Virginia, Texas and Kansas State all sit at 4-3, a half-game back of Oklahoma State and a full game back of the Sooners."

https://stormininnorman.com/2020/11/27/oklahoma-football-must-play-as-important-as-must-win/
So we're rooting for Covid?