Who thinks Yurcich is leaving?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Please tell Haisten to quit posting facts. Does he not know that opinion and bias are far more relevant!
This is, yet again, a moment to remind people that "the devil is in the details", as to why Yurcich was just *ok*.

I wish there were advanced stats, like in basketball, to show that a lot of Yurcich's offensive stats were "throwaway" or "pointless" ones.

For instance, "Crunch-Time Offense", or "Offensive consistency: higher-ranked teams vs. lower-ranked teams". Which would show why we totally sucked vs. Tech or Kansas State or TCU, but did really well against WVU and UT, and even OU.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I think Gundy is leaving. I would not be surprised at all if an announcement comes in a week or two that he is retiring so that he can enjoy his sons senior year and college years.
Has he said something I missed? He seems to be pretty happy making bags full of money doing what he likes to do.

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
This is, yet again, a moment to remind people that "the devil is in the details", as to why Yurcich was just *ok*.

I wish there were advanced stats, like in basketball, to show that a lot of Yurcich's offensive stats were "throwaway" or "pointless" ones.

For instance, "Crunch-Time Offense", or "Offensive consistency: higher-ranked teams vs. lower-ranked teams". Which would show why we totally sucked vs. Tech or Kansas State or TCU, but did really well against WVU and UT, and even OU.
He is the Tony Romo of oc’s

Tony Romo will be in the Hall of Fame with his stats.

How many playoff games did Tony win again? Any championships or super bowls I missed?

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
He is the Tony Romo of oc’s

Tony Romo will be in the Hall of Fame with his stats.

How many playoff games did Tony win again? Any championships or super bowls I missed?
Archie Manning never played in an NFL playoff game.

Barry Sanders played in 6, lost 5 of them. Four of those were wild card games they lost.

Any championships or Super Bowls I missed?

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa

Details like there were only two teams all year to hang 500 yards or more on MU. We were one of them.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa

Barry Sanders played in 6, lost 5 of them. Four of those were wild card games they lost.

50 Hall of Fame players did not appear in a World Series. Of those, 23 played prior to the first Fall Classic in 1903, with the other 27 featuring some of the sport’s biggest names. 2014 inductee Frank Thomas didn’t play in 2005 when his Chicago White Sox won it all. Andre Dawson, Phil Niekro, Rod Carew, Ernie Banks, Ryne Sandberg, Billy Williams, Jim Bunning, Fergie Jenkins and Gaylord Perry are the other living members of the Hall of Fame who never played in a World Series game. We will add Ichiro to this list in the future.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
50 Hall of Fame players did not appear in a World Series. Of those, 23 played prior to the first Fall Classic in 1903, with the other 27 featuring some of the sport’s biggest names. 2014 inductee Frank Thomas didn’t play in 2005 when his Chicago White Sox won it all. Andre Dawson, Phil Niekro, Rod Carew, Ernie Banks, Ryne Sandberg, Billy Williams, Jim Bunning, Fergie Jenkins and Gaylord Perry are the other living members of the Hall of Fame who never played in a World Series game. We will add Ichiro to this list in the future.
These are team sports, to lay losses off on a single player is a lack of understanding how the game is played.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
How about a single fan? Asking for a friend.

View attachment 67182
LOL That poor guy. Saw a documentary on him once. He did nothing that any of us would not do. And he had to be kept in a hidden room in the stadium to keep from getting killed on the way home. After that play, the Cubs made several errors in the field that completely changed the game.
Not sure everyone would have done what he did, some are more aware of their surroundings than others,. I suspect he wished he had that one back. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb3VeNcK868

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
LOL That poor guy. Saw a documentary on him once. He did nothing that any of us would not do. And he had to be kept in a hidden room in the stadium to keep from getting killed on the way home. After that play, the Cubs made several errors in the field that completely changed the game.
Total side note, but Cubs fans, strictly because of what they did to Bartman, are some of the biggest assholes in sports history. He had to go into hiding, literally, for a while, while people forgot about him doing something they, themselves, would also probably do. And Moises Alou was also a piece of crap for his fake outrage that spurred the crowd on.

I also saw the documentary, it was an ESPN 30 for 30 one.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
And evidently more aware and quicker than you or twinblast. Seriously only a couple of young wet behind the ears kids wouldn't already know this.
Me being old and slow is no excuse for agreeing with you...

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40

Any championships or Super

I get it.

He is awesome.

So was Romo. And Travis Ford just was a bad fit and would have done great if he would have had a chance to get his players in place.

We never appreciated Bob Simmons either.

You and I just disagree. Far be it for me to disturb your perception of reality.

Aug 28, 2009
Details like there were only two teams all year to hang 500 yards or more on MU. We were one of them.
Have you seen the SEC offenses this bowl season? I’d say that has more to do with that than anything else. The SEC is dogshit outside of 2-3 teams. I’m beyond sick of hearing the same tired narrative that the SEC is so much better than any other power 5 conference (Bama excluded).

Last edited: