Who thinks Yurcich is leaving?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I think Gundy is leaving. I would not be surprised at all if an announcement comes in a week or two that he is retiring so that he can enjoy his sons senior year and college years.

Question then is do we go after Monken for head coach or does Yurcich get the Boynton treatment?
The darkest timeline would be Lego man as HC.

Nov 14, 2010
Please God no. Another oc that Gundy will use as a puppet. We need a holgorsen or monken personality.
Henson would NOT be a puppet.

He's already left once and is not a butt kisser in any way

Team guy?
Yes

Brown Noser?
No

Henson would be a good hire

Not a homerun but he would do a very good job

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Please God no. Another oc that Gundy will use as a puppet. We need a holgorsen or monken personality.

Team guy?
Yes

Brown Noser?
No

I dunno I haven't watched many interviews with him but I don't want to take a chance. We need to push for and make a strong personality hire. Its imperative for offensive future.

Oct 30, 2007

Team guy?
Yes

Brown Noser?
No

Missouri's offense got progressively worse with him as their OC. They were ranked next to last in scoring when he got fired. They only averaged 13.6 PPG that year. I really like Henson as a position coach, but not as an OC.

Nov 14, 2010
Henson’s first year as offensive coordinator, Missouri ranked 13th nationally in scoring (after ranking 80th in 2012) at 39.1 points per game, 16th in total offense (96th in 2012) at just under 500 yards per game, 16th in rushing (88th in 2012) and 34th in passing efficiency, a year after ranking just 103rd nationally in that category

2015, his last year, was rough, but understandedly so.

That was the year they had all the suspensions, including Mauk, their QB, the players threatened to walk out because of it and Pinkle was diagnosed with cancer

Henson as OC, thus keeping him here as O line coach, would be better than a whole bunch of combinations of another OC working with a different O Line coach.

I don't think Henson will stick around if he gets passed over.

Oct 30, 2007
Henson’s first year as offensive coordinator, Missouri ranked 13th nationally in scoring (after ranking 80th in 2012) at 39.1 points per game, 16th in total offense (96th in 2012) at just under 500 yards per game, 16th in rushing (88th in 2012) and 34th in passing efficiency, a year after ranking just 103rd nationally in that category

2015, his last year, was rough, but understandedly so.

That was the year they had all the suspensions, including Mauk, their QB, the players threatened to walk out because of it and Pinkle was diagnosed with cancer

Henson as OC, thus keeping him here as O line coach, would be better than a whole bunch of combinations of another OC working with a different O Line coach.

I don't think Henson will stick around if he gets passed over.
Missouri ranked 13th in scoring his first year, 72nd his second year, and 127th his third year. Even if you toss out his last year, they were still headed in the wrong direction.

Jan 15, 2007
Congratulations on your new job.

You did a great job at OSU and I look forward to seeing your future successes.

Thank you for enduring all the crap from fans in such a classy manor.

I wasn't always a fan but your attitude, class, and style earned my respect and admiration.

I will always be rooting for you.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
LOL he's not gone yet and those asking for his head are freaking out over the most logical Gundy choice.

The good news for some of you that have bereated MY and Corn the entire time. Even if they are both gone, you still can get your panties in a wad over MG and MH.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Bill Haisten...

Only three men — Larry Coker, Mike Gundy and Mike Yurcich — coordinated the Oklahoma State offense for as many as six seasons.

Coker did it for seven years (1983-89). So did Gundy, who was Pat Jones’ coordinator in 1994 and Les Miles’ coordinator in 2001-04. As the head coach, Gundy doubled as the play-caller in 2008 and 2009.

In four of Yurcich’s six seasons, the Cowboys averaged at least 480 yards per game. In five seasons, the Cowboys averaged at least 38 points.

In program history, nine Oklahoma State teams recorded at least 10 wins. Yurcich oversaw the offense for four of those teams, making him one of the more accomplished assistants OSU’s ever had.