Who loved what was streamed Out of the US capital today

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 22, 2011
I stayed up and watched the certification until Pennsylvania, some of the speeches that came out of the senate after they reconvened were honestly some of the most sincere and powerful speeches I have heard given from the floor of the senate. How often do senators change their mind mid vote, I thought it was a very good scene after a whole day of absolute chaos and insurrection. I think yesterday said more about the strength of the democracy than it did about the weakness

Sep 22, 2011
https://youtu.be/4JQ3WOG0CM8

https://youtu.be/-1rM5BHIgcY

https://youtu.be/PWcqTQgoeak

https://youtu.be/TLgU-fkJHIE

There is really good stuff in there, i am not a republican, and share very few opinions in common with them but when people in power do the right thing they should be noted

ODMcB

Sheriff
Jun 20, 2012
I stayed up and watched the certification until Pennsylvania, some of the speeches that came out of the senate after they reconvened were honestly some of the most sincere and powerful speeches I have heard given from the floor of the senate. How often do senators change their mind mid vote, I thought it was a very good scene after a whole day of absolute chaos and insurrection. I think yesterday said more about the strength of the democracy than it did about the weakness
I didn't appreciate the humor in it. Ben Sasse & Lindsey Graham making jokes at that moment isn't a good look.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://youtu.be/4JQ3WOG0CM8

https://youtu.be/-1rM5BHIgcY

https://youtu.be/PWcqTQgoeak

https://youtu.be/TLgU-fkJHIE

There is really good stuff in there, i am not a republican, and share very few opinions in common with them but when people in power do the right thing they should be noted
If you listen to some conspiracy nuts, Trump was a left wing plant and this was all planned from the beginning. Including Biden getting in with extreme Harris the running mate so she can take over soon after he is removed for being ill or dying or whatever they come up with.

Personally I think that last part isn't too far off. Biden has the potential to be replaced with Harris.

Sad part is I know Democrats AND Republicans that are saying this plant theory.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
If you listen to some conspiracy nuts, Trump was a left wing plant and this was all planned from the beginning. Including Biden getting in with extreme Harris the running mate so she can take over soon after he is removed for being ill or dying or whatever they come up with.

Personally I think that last part isn't too far off. Biden has the potential to be replaced with Harris.

In what way is Harris extreme?

Is she more extreme than the guy you currently support in office?

Mar 11, 2006
In what way is Harris extreme?

Is she more extreme than the guy you currently support in office?
I don't think Harris is extreme. Of the people he reportedly considered, I think she may have been the best choice.

That said, she absolutely encouraged the protests over the summer multiple times. And tacitly encourage protesters breaking the law. After a horrible week of violence in Minnesota the last weekend of May, Kamala tweeted out on June 1st "If you’re able to, chip in now to the @MNFreedomFund to help post bail for those protesting on the ground in Minnesota", along with a link to contribute to bail out the violent protesters.

She also stated in an interview in late August after a summer that saw multiple violent protests and riots that the protesters "must not stop" and need to "continue the fight until we win". And warned that everyone needs to "beware, that protesters are not going to stop before Election Day in November ".

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I don't think Harris is extreme. Of the people he reportedly considered, I think she may have been the best choice.

That said, she absolutely encouraged the protests over the summer multiple times. And tacitly encourage protesters breaking the law. After a horrible week of violence in Minnesota the last weekend of May, Kamala tweeted out on June 1st "If you’re able to, chip in now to the @MNFreedomFund to help post bail for those protesting on the ground in Minnesota", along with a link to contribute to bail out the violent protesters.

She also stated in an interview in late August after a summer that saw multiple violent protests and riots that the protesters "must not stop" and need to "continue the fight until we win". And warned that everyone needs to "beware, that protesters are not going to stop before Election Day in November ".
But is she hot?

Sep 22, 2011

I will say this she is extremely Woke, but that is only because her advisors tell her to be, i have said it before, she is the epitome of lack of principles.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

If they havent replaced a clearly unhinged rump after all of his insanity over the past couple years, i dont think they'd get very far removing a more practical and reasonable personality like Biden who isnt vitriolic and prone to believing insane conspiracy theories.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
I will say this she is extremely Woke, but that is only because her advisors tell her to be, i have said it before, she is the epitome of lack of principles.
I agree and also think she has all of the charm Hillary Clinton possesses. They are pretty similar in what I have seen of her.

I really, don't like her. We don't need an ex prosecutor whose calling card was throwing people in jail for marijuana anywhere near power.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I agree and also think she has all of the charm Hillary Clinton possesses. They are pretty similar in what I have seen of her.

I really, don't like her. We don't need an ex prosecutor whose calling card was throwing people in jail for marijuana anywhere near power.
Wonder what group was particularly impacted by that?

Rixaroo

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
OKC
www.weekendwatchguide.com

If yesterday wasn't a wake up call for all of us to take some personally responsibility in what we consume on TV and the internet, I don't know what will. It's time we quit giving our eyes and clicks to conspiracy nuts and slanted news. We can't complain that one sect of the news is fake then turn on CNN or FoxNews or the more extreme. Time to quit feeding the monster and refuse to give them advertising dollars via our attention.

Mar 11, 2006
NPR news hour
6 TO 7 CST Channel 13 every night.
Local NPR is no better than CNN, MSNBC, and Fox. (note: I don't know if I have ever watched or listened to NPR in the last year, but locally Chris Polansky (Tulsa NPR news reporter) is as politically biased as they come --- Binman has quoted his tweets on here every now and then -- Polansky can make AOL look conservative).

Sep 22, 2011
Local NPR is no better than CNN, MSNBC, and Fox. (note: I don't know if I have ever watched or listened to NPR in the last year, but locally Chris Polansky (Tulsa NPR news reporter) is as politically biased as they come --- Binman has quoted his tweets on here every now and then -- Polansky can make AOL look conservative).
I used to love NPR, but they have gone full on critical race theory and it is hard to listen to

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I used to love NPR, but they have gone full on critical race theory and it is hard to listen to
You mean to tell me that a broadcast entity supported by the CPB leans left????? No way!

People would lose their ever loving minds if the CPB funded a conservative network that was NPR's equal.