Who has the best degree and makes the most money?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 10, 2007
Mckinney, TX
I’m petroleum e.t. I’ll still make more than you because I own the company.
Ooh, Mr internet big shot....

I also own my own structural engineering company. I pulled in over $480K last year. If you made more than that, good for you. Otherwise, stop being such a dick. Engineers, contractors, architects, all make mistakes. You can have your Tech degree. Because in the same room, the P.E. trumps you any day of the week. You can't "fix" the mistakes without the P.E. agreeing.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma

I also own my own structural engineering company. I pulled in over $480K last year. If you made more than that, good for you. Otherwise, stop being such a dick. Engineers, contractors, architects, all make mistakes. You can have your Tech degree. Because in the same room, the P.E. trumps you any day of the week. You can't "fix" the mistakes without the P.E. agreeing.
True story. A relative of mine who received his P.E.T. degree a few years before I did worked for a major oil company. When he was on the North Slope he was the top guy for the company up there. P.E.s actually worked under him in California and Texas. It's not always what you know, it's also who you know and where you are at the right time. A little luck can go a long way and sometimes you have to make your own luck. Oh, I'm sorry about your low your earnings. I have had years like that.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

True story. A relative of mine who received his P.E.T. degree a few years before I did worked for a major oil company. When he was on the North Slope he was the top guy for the company up there. P.E.s actually worked under him in California and Texas. It's not always what you know, it's also who you know and where you are at the right time. A little luck can go a long way and sometimes you have to make your own luck. Oh, I'm sorry about your low your earnings. I have had years like that.
Can’t a Tech major take the PE exam and become a professional engineer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2011
I operate a coal-fired power plant. Whether it’s Ice Bowl 2.0, or 90+ degrees (or any variance in between), it’s my fault.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas

Humor is lost on some people...….

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I am a carniv
I work in a 7-11, live in a pop-up camper and get all the free scratch off tickets I want at work.

Screw all of you.

We are proud of you for moving out of your mom's basement.
Single wides don’t have basements, ya jackass.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

What do physical educations exams have to do with it?*

In order to be a pharmacist I had to pass an exam on state and federal laws.

*Yes, I know that PE in this context stands for "Professional Engineer". I have a nephew who recently passed it. It is a beast of an exam.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC

I don't know what is going on in this thread, but in most states you have to have a BS in an engineering related field. On top of that, you must pass the FE (fundamentals of engineering) exam and work at least 4 years under a PE before you can sit for the 8-hour PE exam. It's brutal!

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I don't know what is going on in this thread, but in most states you have to have a BS in an engineering related field. On top of that, you must pass the FE (fundamentals of engineering) exam and work at least 4 years under a PE before you can sit for the 8-hour PE exam. It's brutal!
I take it back, it's the FE exam my nephew has passed.