Who Cares

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 8, 2008
OKC
It was great seeing all the students at last night’s game. Call me old, but I’d love to see someone teach the student body the old tradition of holding newspapers in front of their faces and yelling “who cares?!” when the visiting team is introduced. They get the words right, although not in a very convincing way, but miss the whole point of the sea of newspapers covering their faces. It’s a great Cowboy tradition. Someone step up and let’s keep it going.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
It was great seeing all the students at last night’s game. Call me old, but I’d love to see someone teach the student body the old tradition of holding newspapers in front of their faces and yelling “who cares?!” when the visiting team is introduced. They get the words right, although not in a very convincing way, but miss the whole point of the sea of newspapers covering their faces. It’s a great Cowboy tradition. Someone step up and let’s keep it going.
LOL - newspapers..... does anybody know where you can get one these days?

(wink, wink)

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Newspapers.... it's like Drudge..., on paper.

And our high school in VA did that too. So while it is always enjoyable it is not exactly just an OSU tradition.

tony6777

Anthony
A/V Subscriber
Aug 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
It requires some committed individuals to get handfuls of the O'Colly and lay them along the benches. For football you've got the paddle people... We need an organized group for basketball similarily.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
It requires some committed individuals to get handfuls of the O'Colly and lay them along the benches. For football you've got the paddle people... We need an organized group for basketball similarily.
I was a part of one of the first "paddle groups". We didn't have paddles, we just slapped the padding. And it hurt after awhile. ;)

Jan 23, 2006
I can't wait until Gia is back to 2003-2004 levels. It's been 15 years and still blows my mind seeing the seats empty because people would camp for weeks back then and it was so incredibly loud the entire game especially vs ou / ku. Really hope Boyton can do it

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
I can't wait until Gia is back to 2003-2004 levels. It's been 15 years and still blows my mind seeing the seats empty because people would camp for weeks back then and it was so incredibly loud the entire game especially vs ou / ku. Really hope Boyton can do it
2004-04 was a Final Four team. We haven't seen that level of play since. Boynton doesn't have to be that good yet, but winning seasons are a must.