Who Bails First??? (A Knock-out Challenge)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
OK, similar to the game we play during the football season, I am starting the Left Out Challenge.

There are currently 24 people who have tossed their hat into the Democratic Presidential Candidate ring. Who will be the first to pack it in and go home?

Pick one person from the list and that is your pick up until someone drops out. If you are right, you get to move on by selecting a different person for the next round which will be when the second person bails. Continues that way until one person is standing after everyone has missed with their selection (or you guys think this is really stupid and nobody plays, whichever comes first).

Since there are a lot of really fringe candidates, the first three rounds you can pick TWO people. If neither one is the first to drop out, you are out of the game. If one of your selections is right, you can move on, but you cannot use the other person you picked anymore.

Make any sense?

Current candidates are:
Joe Sestak-Former Navy admiral, 2-term congressman
Wayne Messam-Miramar, Florida mayor
Seth Moulton-Former Marine captain
Tim Ryan-Nine term congressman from Ohio
Michael Bennet-Former Denver mayor, current Colorado senator
Steve Bullock-Montana governor
John Delaney-Former Maryland congressman
John Hickenlooper-Former Denver mayor, former Colorado governor
Eric Swalwell-California congressman
Marianne Williamson-Self help guru
Bill de Blasio-Mayor of NYC
Andrew Yang-California businessman
Kirsten Gillibrand-New York senator
Tulsi Gabbard-US Rep from Hawaii
Jay Inslee-Washington governor
Beto O'Rourke-Bonafide idiot
Amy Klobuchar-Minnesota senator
Julian Castro-Former cabinet member under Obama, former San Antonio mayor
Cory Booker-Former Newark mayor
Pete Buttigieg-South Bend, Indiana mayor
Bernie Sanders-Methuselah's older, lesser-known brother
Kamala Harris-California politician, bed-hopper
Elizabeth Warren-The Beethoven of pandering
Joe Biden-Possibly the only person in this list who has flip-flopped more than Kamala Harris

Two picks for rounds 1-3, after that we go to single elimination.

BONUS BUYBACK
One time selection for anyone else not currently in the race, to throw themselves into the fire. If you are out, but you selected someone, say HRC, to join the fray and she does, you get new life (but still cannot pick anyone you already have picked). If you are still in it and make this choice correctly, you get one get-out-of-jail free card to make a miss but keep playing.

So here I go to start it off

First person out:
Wayne Messam
or
Seth Moulton

Buy-back:
Stacey Abrams

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
First out:

Hickenlooper

or

Swallowswell

Buy back:

WTF, isn’t every Dim already running? I will take HRC, only because I want to get this posted before anyone drops out and I can’t think of anyone else.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
First out:
Bootjuice
or
Beta

Buyback:
AOC

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Well, this is certainly being received with less than enthusiastic response.....
Wait until after the 4th. Probably a lot of people not paying attention to new threads.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Well, this is certainly being received with less than enthusiastic response.....
Wait, so if both of my guys aren't the first to leave then I'm out? This is gonna be hard. I have a feeling we're gonna lose quite a few pretty quick here soon. What if like 5 drop out in one day?

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2011
With each successive dropout, whoever was right should get a point.

Reset.

At the end, the one with the most points wins.

Aug 16, 2012
With each successive dropout, whoever was right should get a point.

Reset.

At the end, the one with the most points wins.
That would keep everyone in the pool.....hmmmmm.

Like that better since it could also help with wrenhal's question.

OK, that is the new format. Updated candidate list and selections after each drop-out. If more than one drops out in a day, we will put a hold on selecting for a day or so. I will post the new selection date should there be multiple drop-outs to give everyone a chance to catch-up.

Last edited:

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
it seems sort of silly.... sort of like guessing which turd flushes down the bowl first...

it might be more fun to play the FB knock-out game. Every two-weeks the players have to pick a candidate that will still be in the race, and you can't pick the same candidate twice. If the person you pick drops out that week then you're out. if you run out of selections then you're also out.

you just have to hope that the moron you picked on any particular week doesn't decide to drop out on a week while your on the clock.'

Last edited:

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
next in Al Gore.... this really seems like Gore's primary to lose (he could choose Hillary as a running mate LOL)

just like the good-ole days, only different.

2020 vision Gore/Clinton