Who’s gonna watch?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Wild with an early goal against Vancouver. Late start so I'm going to watch the first period and go to bed.

But August hockey is awesome. If you like sports this is a great time to see something new.

olderschool

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2009
And once again, like a cockroach, you crawl out of the woodwork to spew some random idiotic thing rather than have a discussion with people. Who's worse, people with an opinion, or those who won't ever engage with those who have opinions because they feel themselves so much better than the other?

24D39719-1111-430C-8C32-F0223D06AF01.jpeg

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
@wrenhal for what it's worth if you're seeing this as one side vs the other and if you see us on other side this dude isn't on my side.

I like sports and bought a veal filet at the grocery store this weekend. Regardless of how we vote in November I'm guessing we can agree that this guy needs new meds.

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
@wrenhal for what it's worth if you're seeing this as one side vs the other and if you see us on other side this dude isn't on my side.

I like sports and bought a veal filet at the grocery store this weekend. Regardless of how we vote in November I'm guessing we can agree that this guy needs new meds.
I'm with you. And we've had some good discussions in other threads. This gut/gal/whatever never seems to have anything of worth to say.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

poknround

Banned
Banned
Oct 25, 2009
Wabashaw, WI
While ya'll are arguing the points here, I just went a full week without any television. And, what a change it is. Rode about 25 miles of back country bike trails, spent an evening fly fishing, played some Deer In Headlights with my family one night, finally got around to de-weeding my flower beds, and had all the household chores done before the weekend. So, now Im thinking my next life changer might be to ditch the mobile phone plan.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Did anyone ever tell me why I wouldn't want to watch people I may disagree with politically try to hurt each other on the football field? Seems like fun to me, gives me another reason to watch.

Nov 6, 2010
Did anyone ever tell me why I wouldn't want to watch people I may disagree with politically try to hurt each other on the football field? Seems like fun to me, gives me another reason to watch.
Is that akin to watching NASCAR just for the wrecks?

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Listening to the radio this AM, apparently the ratings are already plummeting for MLB and NBA. And that’s with the return night numbers being disappointing versus expectations. Is it the protest stuff or lack of fans? Who knows.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Listening to the radio this AM, apparently the ratings are already plummeting for MLB and NBA. And that’s with the return night numbers being disappointing versus expectations. Is it the protest stuff or lack of fans? Who knows.
i'm not sure it would be lack of fans. people are starved for sports right now, they just don't want to be preached to or scolded during what is supposed to be their entertainment. my 2 cents...

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Is that akin to watching NASCAR just for the wrecks?
If that were the only reason to watch. I otherwise enjoy football.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
People are tired of this crap, they want to watch something to relax. It's kind of like an O-State blog constantly hating on an O-State program and expecting people to pay to read it.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
People are tired of this crap, they want to watch something to relax. It's kind of like an O-State blog constantly hating on an O-State program and expecting people to pay to read it.
Here's where capitalism will (hopefully) prove itself. If enough people lose interest in their product, then they'll have to adapt the product or risk failure. Ultimately these corporations are all about money, and alienating huge portions of their fanbase is not a winning strategy, particularly looking at it long-term. They can bitch and moan all the want about it, but they can't force people to watch.

olderschool

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2009
From what I understand the NBA ratings are pretty high.

NBA Restart Debut Averaged 3.4 Million Viewers, Doubling Regular Season Audience. The NBA restart double-header on Thursday averaged 3.4 million total viewers, more than doubling TNT's average viewership for a regular season telecast, according to the network.4 days ago

So if it doesn’t meet your racist narrative. To bad!

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Assuming no college sports, yes, no, yes. If we're talking about regular season, I'd rather watch college chess than pro baseball. Might catch the end of the world series if it's a good storyline (Houston after the hurricane or Cubbies are the only pro baseball games I've watched in at least a decade)
Communist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

NBA Restart Debut Averaged 3.4 Million Viewers, Doubling Regular Season Audience. The NBA restart double-header on Thursday averaged 3.4 million total viewers, more than doubling TNT's average viewership for a regular season telecast, according to the network.4 days ago

So, how is it racist to not want to watch a bunch of Whiney multi millionaires who are paid that money to do nothing more than play a freaking sport, disrespect America and their fellow Americans? Has zero to do with race and everything to do with respect of the very system that made you stinking rich. Meanwhile I’m in Colorado hiking and fly fishing. This is the first time I’ve looked at this site in a few days, haven’t even glanced at a tv, not read the stinking daily gloom and doom of covid fever and I’m so much better off for it.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor

YOU'RE the RACIST! See how that works?