Who’s gonna watch?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I've had limited interest in most pro sports for a while. The only exception being I have been caught up in Thunder success at times.

If they get more political and anti American I'm not boycotting or anything, but it will probably push me a little farther away. It's similar to my lack of interest in Tom Cruise movies. I'm not boycotting Tom Cruise because he's an idiot Scientologist, but when I see him in something I'm distracted by the stupid stuff I know about him off screen. Instead of enjoying a movie, I'm sitting there thinking of what an idiot he was saluting the giant picture of L Ron Hubbard.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I've had limited interest in most pro sports for a while. The only exception being I have been caught up in Thunder success at times.

If they get more political and anti American I'm not boycotting or anything, but it will probably push me a little farther away. It's similar to my lack of interest in Tom Cruise movies. I'm not boycotting Tom Cruise because he's an idiot Scientologist, but when I see him in something I'm distracted by the stupid stuff I know about him off screen. Instead of enjoying a movie, I'm sitting there thinking of what an idiot he was saluting the giant picture of L Ron Hubbard.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Nope. Done. Even struggling with college athletics. I have a whole slate of things that I have put as priority over sports.
Live sports have been struggling to fill seats for years now, with attendance declines throughout various sports. When fans can return, it'll be interesting to see just how much COVID & all the politicization going on affects attendance. The combination of those two, imo, will have a bigger impact than some of these guys have even considered.

Apr 14, 2009
And we wonder why it’s so hard to recruit top African-American players to Oklahoma State.

Tho I know in my heart the people that post on this particular thread are not really a true cross-section of OSU fans. Because the majority of y’all are just wing-nuts that have infested this site. Kind of like cockroaches.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
And we wonder why it’s so hard to recruit top African-American players to Oklahoma State.

Tho I know in my heart the people that post on this particular thread are not really a true cross-section of OSU fans. Because the majority of y’all are just wing-nuts that have infested this site. Kind of like cockroaches.
This guy says hi.....

1596030820622.png

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

Or it could be because it is challenging recruiting to a town in Oklahoma small enough that a 75 mile drive is required to get to the nearest shopping mall, combined with limited historical success in football.

I don't know how old you are, or why you are so angry, but I hope some day you realize the political choices aren't about good and evil, but possibly different perspectives on how to best improve our country. Name calling and mocking are not effective ways to express a political opinion and only make you look intellectually limited, especially when they are so repetitive.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

You might be wise to go get your "heart" checked...maybe some blockage in the widow maker.
1596032713066.png

2016 Presidential Election Results

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

What we don't wonder about is how you still don't understand that half of the country doesn't agree with you, & half do. Pissing off half of your potential customer base is bad business.

I applaud you for going the Vance Bedford route, though. That really worked out well for him.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
I'm pretty much out on any sport that brings politicization to my watching experience. Whether that be kneeling for the anthem, doing something mid game or whatever. Now what the players protest on their social media or off the field is their business but don't ruin my escape from reality time watching you play a kids game.

Also I've been out on the NFL after players can abuse, rape etc off the field and suffer no real consequences in their league while some even secure multi million dollar pay raises/extensions. Then those same guys will lecture us on how to be a better person.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I'm pretty much out on any sport that brings politicization to my watching experience. Whether that be kneeling for the anthem, doing something mid game or whatever. Now what the players do on their time is their business but don't ruin my escape from reality time watching you play a kids game.

Also I've been out on the NFL after players can abuse, rape etc off the field and suffer no real consequences in their league while some even secure multi million dollar pay raises/extensions. Then those same guys will lecture us on how to be a better person.
Don't forget, the King himself said it:

"I don't think that every issue should be everybody's problem."
-LeBron James

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
I'm pretty much out on any sport that brings politicization to my watching experience. Whether that be kneeling for the anthem, doing something mid game or whatever. Now what the players do on their time is their business but don't ruin my escape from reality time watching you play a kids game.

What cinched it for me was DeSean Jackson's anti-Semetic rant and the subsequent defense by others in the NFL and in the entertainment industry at-large, as well as the support of that rat-bastard Louis Farrakhan. Biggest non-apology ever.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I won't be watching any pro sports but that's not anything new for me. I'll catch the occasional NFL game if nothing else is on but college football and rally-cross are the only sports I have any interest in watching. I see a lot of weekend projects finally being worked on this fall...

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

So you’re a BLM supporter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
What’s mind-boggling is the business sense of the pro sports leagues. Do they really think they are attracting new viewers with their political positions? Or do they think they’ll lose more viewers by being apolitical than taking a political stance?

Nov 6, 2010
What’s mind-boggling is the business sense of the pro sports leagues. Do they really think they are attracting new viewers with their political positions? Or do they think they’ll lose more viewers by being apolitical than taking a political stance?

I doubt the owners are making that calculation as much as they are simply bending to the demands of their workforce.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

My point exactly. PIss off half of your potential customer base? Absolutely stupid.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Premier League! Love watching it because it is on about every damn day, It comes on early and late and it is damn near a year round sport so I can usually always catch a live sports fix.

That said
I'll watch a Thunder game if I catch it on
I will watch NFL/CFL/College football. Any team, Any time. If it is football season, then I always have a game on and cold beer.
Baseball has got to be the most god awful sport to watch on TV outside of the playoffs.