Which Truck do you prefer?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

If you were buying today, what would you prefer?

• Ford F-150

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Nissan Titan/XD

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Chevy/GMC 1500

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Ram 1500

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Toyota Tundra

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I'm loosely in the market for a truck. In the other thread I explain why, but regardless of whether or not we get a camper I want a New(new to me if I have too) truck. I have my favorites, but I am still unsold. I did get to test drive a 2017 Titan & Titan XD(Diesel version). It was blast. Biggest difference in a short ride was seats in the XD were much more comfortable, not that the others were bad.

I don't really know yet what my budget will be but they were both priced in the high $20s-low $30s.

I know there are a lot of people loyal to their brand. I'm not one of them. My Silverado is my first truck and mechanically it has been very good to me. I have no real bias toward one or the other, however. I like the looks of Ford and Nissan better but it is all pretty marginal.

Anyway, please vote and tell me what you think about these trucks.

***I'm mainly shopping half-ton for mileage and price. Mileage for my 1.5hr roundtrip daily commute during school. I could be persuaded to go bigger if the deal is right.

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
I'm loosely in the market for a truck. In the other thread I explain why, but regardless of whether or not we get a camper I want a New(new to me if I have too) truck. I have my favorites, but I am still unsold. I did get to test drive a 2017 Titan & Titan XD(Diesel version). It was blast. Biggest difference in a short ride was seats in the XD were much more comfortable, not that the others were bad.

I don't really know yet what my budget will be but they were both priced in the high $20s-low $30s.

I know there are a lot of people loyal to their brand. I'm not one of them. My Silverado is my first truck and mechanically it has been very good to me. I have no real bias toward one or the other, however. I like the looks of Ford and Nissan better but it is all pretty marginal.

Anyway, please vote and tell me what you think about these trucks.

***I'm mainly shopping half-ton for mileage and price. Mileage for my 1.5hr roundtrip daily commute during school. I could be persuaded to go bigger if the deal is right.
Honda Ridgeline. I have had Chevy Dodge, And Toyota. Loved my Toyota and my dad still has his Tundra. When I bought my Ridgeline in 2012 I was sure I was going to get another Toyota. You get a lot with the Ridgeline including 4x4they all are) and should be in that price range. I will buy another in a heartbeat.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Tundra is the best vehicle I have ever driven, not even close!
I like those a lot too. The budget is not as unknown I just don't have it exact. I've only seen a couple that do what I want them to do(towing) and low miles that I can afford. I agree they are awesome looking. My in-laws have one and love it.

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
I like those a lot too. The budget is not as unknown I just don't have it exact. I've only seen a couple that do what I want them to do(towing) and low miles that I can afford. I agree they are awesome looking. My in-laws have one and love it.
Drove one 10 years and 183K and sold it for $15K. Best resale value on the planet. Other than tires, oil changes, and batteries, I only spent $200 the entire ten years (plastic induction fan on fuel system). Front end never had to be aligned. After taking it in the third time, alignment tech. told me to quit bringing it in; he "never has to align Toyotas, they just don't get out of alignment. If you feel a pull, it is the tires." He was right, and I am off road a lot.
There was not one single squeak or rattle anywhere on that pickup. Had multiple people fighting over the chance to buy it. Probably could have gotten $20 K had I wanted.

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
I have a Titan and its been a great truck for me. I've had a F150 before and it wasn't awful or anything, but I've enjoyed the Nissan more.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Drove one 10 years and 183K and sold it for $15K. Best resale value on the planet. Other than tires, oil changes, and batteries, I only spent $200 the entire ten years (plastic induction fan on fuel system). Front end never had to be aligned. After taking it in the third time, alignment tech. told me to quit bringing it in; he "never has to align Toyotas, they just don't get out of alignment. If you feel a pull, it is the tires." He was right, and I am off road a lot.
There was not one single squeak or rattle anywhere on that pickup. Had multiple people fighting over the chance to buy it. Probably could have gotten $20 K had I wanted.
Nice. The reality for me is I'm going to be limited in range on payments. I teach and we try to stay conservative within the budget.

The one thing that I have found in the Titans that I can't match anywhere else is tow capacity doesn't fluctuate much through the trim levels. What they means is I don't have to buy the Platinum version that is very expensive to get the tow numbers I'm looking for. The regular Titan tows 9200 or more pretty much regardless of trim. I don't get that with Ford, Chevy, Ram, or even Toyota. All of them can beat the Titan if you pay more. So that is the big hangup. I can buy used and get those numbers, but I will have to pay as much for the used ones as the new in many cases.

Thank you for the insight man. I really love the Tundras and want to go test drive one.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Where are you finding a TitanXD for under $50k!?
Bob Howard, Hudiburg, Bob Moore, and virtually all other Nissan Dealers in Oklahoma. They are the Base Model S or SV. Not the SL or Pro or Platinum packages.

https://www.bobhowardnissan.com/search/New+Nissan Titan XD+tq

https://www.bobhowardnissan.com/det...2017-Nissan-Titan-XD-Diesel-Crew-Cab-S-Pickup

This is the one I test drove with my 3 daughters and a salesman named Austin. Good guy. It was fun, btw, they are significantly higher off the ground than regular Titans. My oldest nearly fell out getting in, it was pretty funny. I got a kick watching her and my wife getting in.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
One cool thing I actually prefer about the S & SV models is they come standard with a vinyl flooring. I live in the country and it really saves cleaning up and what not. My current Chevy has something similar and I vastly prefer that to carpet, especially with kids living in the country.

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
Can you give me any critique or what to look for? I really like the Titan a lot but I also don't want to gloss over anything.
I've had mine for around 2 years and haven't had to do anything outside of oil changes. I really don't have any critiques aside from gas mileage? But its a v8 pickup. I wasn't expecting it to be great, and its still better than the Suburban I was driving before trading in for this Titan. Maybe if we're nit-picking here I will say the speakers aren't the best quality and the sound system suffers a bit, but mine has bluetooth and it reads my ipod seamlessly so that's pretty fun. I've never had issues towing or hauling stuff but I'm also not trying to tow anything overly crazy. It does jet ski's and small boats just fine.

Buddy of mine has a Tundra that is a year newer than mine, and to be honest there really isn't much of a difference in our trucks aside from outside appearance. They both pretty much have all the same trim and accessory options and similar engine sizes.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Metro Ford of OKC has a really loaded 2016 Titan CD for $39k with 11k miles on it. Too steep for my flimsy wallet but it is jam packed full of stuff maybe including gooseneck hookups.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
The truly hard part for me is waiting. My wife wants to clear some budget items first. Targeting Labor Day for the big purchase.

I'm not good at waiting.