Which postseason snub was worse, 2011 football or 2018 basketball?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Which snub was worse?

• 2011 BCS

Votes: 85 95.5%
  • 2018 NCAA tournament

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
The 2011 snub is when I came to the decision that there is no value in supporting other Big XII teams, in particular the goons or the whorns, I have always felt they left us out there to get left out because it served their interests for us to not make it.

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
The 2011 snub is when I came to the decision that there is no value in supporting other Big XII teams, in particular the goons or the whorns, I have always felt they left us out there to get left out because it served their interests for us to not make it.
We get left out because we have the fewest Alumni from a small state. Excluding us doesn't cause as big a "backlash."

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We get left out because we have the fewest Alumni from a small state. Excluding us doesn't cause as big a "backlash."
Actually we have more Alumni than OU in state...AND...you know ou's fans aren't Alumni...;)

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Talk about post season snubs....Trae Young is left off the Naismith Player of the Year list. Good, he shouldn't be awarded just because he took a god awful amount of bad shots all season which is a big reason why the sooners went on such a big losing streak. From ESPN darling to being left off the list entirely. Very fitting.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Maybe I need to be more clear. I said that the goons and whorns left us out "there" as in there was no try from them to help get us in the final. The same exact thing happened with Rayplor and TCU. Why cheer for those asshats when they don't help us a bit? I hope they lose every game they ever play, except for when they play each other and then it is a loss for each side. Big XII loyalty is not a paying proposition.

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
Maybe I need to be more clear. I said that the goons and whorns left us out "there" as in there was no try from them to help get us in the final. The same exact thing happened with Rayplor and TCU. Why cheer for those asshats when they don't help us a bit? I hope they lose every game they ever play, except for when they play each other and then it is a loss for each side. Big XII loyalty is not a paying proposition.
I understand .... I probably should not have used your post to reply to. I was just making a point in general for why we ALWAYS get the short straw. To Rack's point, I should have used the term "fans" instead of "alumni."
The bottom line is these selection committees aren't afraid of to piss us off - they would get more heat from messing with blue bloods. Same principle in why SI jacked with us instead of Texas or the like.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
AP and Coaches both had 1) Alabama, 2) LSU, 3) OSU. Harris poll never had a final poll. Not sure what "several" polls you are referring to. ;) Doesn't really matter. It's the engineer coming out of me. lol
The "RACK" poll had the Oklahoma State Cowboys #1...always has..so there's that one.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
It really wasn't shocking that OSU didn't get in the NCAA Tournament this year. We were a bubble team that closed strong.

What was shocking was a team got in that shouldn't have. They were a bubble team that closed weak.

Regular season games for Feb/March....

OSU

5-4 record
Wins @#7 Kansas, @#19 West Virginia, #6 Texas Tech
3-2 record on road games

OU

2-7 record
Zero wins against ranked teams (0-3)
0-5 record on road games

And then in a head to head game at a neutral sight OSU beats OU.......

And it's not just OSU, there are other bubble teams that had a good argument against OU.

Like I said it's not so much that OSU didn't get in the tournament as it is there are teams (one in particular) that got in that shouldn't have if OSU and others didn't.

it smells of favoritism.....

That's different (other than the favoritism issue) than in 2011 when OSU wasn't a bubble team. They were a legitimate contender who was better than Alabama on every comparitive metric.

OSU had a stronger SOS
OSU had more wins against ranked teams
OSU was a conference champion (in the #1 conference that season)
Alabama didn't even win their division
OSU was 4-0 against final BCS ranked teams.
Alabama was 3-1 against final BCS ranked teams.

2011 was perhaps the single biggest snub in NCAA championship history.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I understand .... I probably should not have used your post to reply to. I was just making a point in general for why we ALWAYS get the short straw. To Rack's point, I should have used the term "fans" instead of "alumni."
The bottom line is these selection committees aren't afraid of to piss us off - they would get more heat from messing with blue bloods. Same principle in why SI jacked with us instead of Texas or the like.
My point exactly, and the continuing fact that the two "bluebloods" didn't say a word.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
With this basketball team we really had no chance at winning a national championship. We might have won 2 games at most. We just don't have the one, go-to guy/leader to up our game. We won against some big talent, but still.....
Yet, the 2011 football team was awesome. Weeden had that team moving up and down the field so fast. We had the talent, but we blew a lead (and for GOD'S SAKE don't blame it on the plane crash) against ISU and we screwed it up.
It certainly doesn't take much for the NCAA to exclude us for some inane reason while allowing the "blue bloods" to pass us.
Frustrating as hell, it is.