Where we post stories about how great this movement is doing...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I enjoy it when I sit to watch. I played a bit as a kid, and I have relatives that are all-in on it.
My daughter played a couple of years and I went to every game. I was very involved and supportive, but secretly wanted to shove forks in my eyes and go home. (It wasn't that bad.....but close) I wasn't upset when she decided she didn't want to play anymore. I just don't like it.

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
My daughter played a couple of years and I went to every game. I was very involved and supportive, but secretly wanted to shove forks in my eyes and go home. (It wasn't that bad.....but close) I wasn't upset when she decided she didn't want to play anymore. I just don't like it.
No biggie. I enjoy the game. It is really interesting to me, but I don't really have a squad I follow so I am super casual.

RedRoss

Joe Rugby
A/V Subscriber
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Just wanted to drop in and say this is an interesting thread on both sides of the coin. Very interesting to hear all these different viewpoints and what not (pat Jones voice) . And its been pretty civil too , which is nice. Anyway, carry on.

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Just wanted to drop in and say this is an interesting thread on both sides of the coin. Very interesting to hear all these different viewpoints and what not (pat Jones voice) . And its been pretty civil too , which is nice. Anyway, carry on.
Civil is my goal. Most of the ones I've argued with on this thread are people I've been discussing things with for the better part of 16yrs. I don't need enemies.

Truth is that we have to be challenged and challenge others on ideas. It is how we grow and learn. I've learned a ton from those who are on this board that do not share my politics. Not agreeing with me doesn't make you my enemy nor do I hate you. Instead, I think we can establish a solid relationship based on honesty. I'll be honest about what I think and believe. I believe they will also.

There are some good dudes and dudettes(way too many dudes) on this board that offer a different point of view. Point of view is of massive import to recognize where someone is coming from.

This discussion hasn't been bad. The one on people leaving the cities is even better in terms of civility.

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/magic-...r-shirt-during-national-anthem-201946916.html

Magic forward Jonathan Isaac only player to stand, not wear Black Lives Matter shirt during national anthem

Chris Cwik

July 31, 2020, 3:19 PM

- Today's presentation
of the national anthem

Display of Unity
NBA.com

Scroll back up to restore default view.
Orlando Magic forward Jonathan Isaac chose not to join his teammates in protest Friday. While the rest of the Magic got down on one knee during the national anthem, Isaac chose to stand.
Isaac, 22, was the only player to do so. Isaac was also the lone player on the court who didn’t wear a Black Lives Matter shirt. Instead, he wore his Magic jersey and warmup pants during the anthem.

With the move, Isaac becomes the first NBA player to stand during the national anthem since the restart. During Thursday’s game, every coach and player on the Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers, New Orleans Pelicans and Utah Jazz took a knee in protest of racial injustice and police brutality in the United States. Following Thursday’s game, LeBron James said he hopes NBA players made former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick proud.
Why did Jonathan Isaac stand during the national anthem?
Isaac spoke about his decision after the game, saying kneeling and wearing a Black Lives Matter shirt doesn’t “go hand in hand” with supporting Black lives.

In an interview with Click Orlando in June, Isaac addressed George Floyd’s murder, racism in the United States and police brutality, saying he believes the “answer is Jesus.”
Isaac also spoke about NBA players using their platforms to send a message, but he said it should be done “in a balanced way.”
Magic issue statement supporting protest
Following the national anthem demonstration, the Magic released a statement supporting Magic players for kneeling in protest.

The team said it was proud of its players, and stressed that the protests are not about the military, but about “bigotry, racial injustice and the unwarranted use of violence by police.”
More from Yahoo Sports:

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I enjoy it when I sit to watch. I played a bit as a kid, and I have relatives that are all-in on it.
What was really fun to watch was indoor soccer. I was born and lived in Wichita until I was 12 and indoor soccer was huge there when I was a kid in the 80's. Seems soccer is still kind of popular there. We moved to Oklahoma and everyone here thought soccer was just for little kids.

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
What was really fun to watch was indoor soccer. I was born and lived in Wichita until I was 12 and indoor soccer was huge there when I was a kid in the 80's. Seems soccer is still kind of popular there. We moved to Oklahoma and everyone here thought soccer was just for little kids.
I was a baseball nut as a kid. Soccer just didn't take. I was ok at it.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This thread is literally about current movements of the protesters, cancel culture, and the lefts attempts to silence opposition.

Got me on the debt. Man, if only Trump were fiscally disciplined like wait....Andrew Jackson?

Record unemployment was all positive before our 2weeks to flatten the curve turned into a full on shutdown and 5months later we are debating whether to have school in person or not. Unemployment oddly skyrocketed when businesses were shuttered over Covid or "peaceful protesters" peacfully burning their business down for George Floyd.

I don't think the delayed election thing will work, but we'll see. It's pointless as far as I am concerned.

Feds using force against the Lafayette park pales in comparison to 2months straight of violent riots nationwide that have killed more black people(in the riots) than police have killed in 2years combined. That said, Lafayette Park was a disaster in policy and treatment. Peaceful protesters should never be treated that way, I don't care for why either. An idiotic photo-op and the most awkward handling of a Bible I have ever seen.

Yep, impeach the bastard for trying to figure out what's going on with Ukraine and Hunter Biden(where's he?). Russia this, Russia that, it all comes up empty and exposes the Dems for fools, but continue.

Bailouts are good or aren't they? Never been a fan.

Money laundering is a crime. Prove it and do something about it. They won't because they'd rather have something to cry about.
This thread seems to be about mocking the protesters and projecting their shortcomings on the entire "Left". I just tried to point out that there are bigger fish to fry than what cities or protesters are doing. 99.9% of what they are doing has no affect on most peoples lives. Where the Fed level stuff has a much bigger impact. You seem reasonable for the most part. Not trying to make things overly personal.
It is not all about the protesters. Watch some of the Tim Pool videos. Watch one or two of his 2 hour long podcasts. I suspect you will learn a lot.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Utter nonsense. I don't equate anyone with anything but their own actions and words. I don't need to go through and try to devalue the source or the person talking about the source to avoid having a real discussion about the subject.

You do this over and over. You wanted to keep the subject on Confederate statues, which I never defended, and ignored the attacks on Frederick Douglass, Abraham Lincoln, and others.

You have consistently done nothing to engage on the ideas and discussions Tim posts. Instead you are content to disqualify him as Alt-Right. Tim is not remotely right. He frequently(if you actually watched him you'd know) dogs the right and republicans, mostly as spineless. He doesn't endorse all things Trump and is critical of him as well.

His biggest complaints started as attacks on free speech and cancel culture. As these riots have developed and continued he has railed against them and the assertion we have to tear this thing down. He has been extremely careful as to not get banned(which he openly expects at any time). He got his start covering the Occupy Wallstreet, and made his bones by being front and center in big movements around the world.

Exactly what is Alt-right about Tim? Who, btw, is not white.

EDIT: I find this most disappointing because I have always seen you specifically as one willing to engage and discuss. I don't always agree, but I always appreciate the good back and forth you have been so capable of in the past.
You did, and have been quick to complain about the labels being thrown around, while throwing around your own. That is a double standard.

I didn't ignore the attacks on statues of Fredrick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln, but pointed out that the vast majority of the statues pulled down are of confederates, not abolitionists. Its quite possible they didn't know who Douglass was, or didn't care. Is this bad? Yes, but it is a very very minor thing in the grand scheme of things. What is more important, people's lives, or statues? One of those can be replaced, the other cannot. This is making a mountain out of a molehill and trying to make the exception the rule instead. A mob is gonna do mob stuff, and I would rather see them pull down statues that can be put back up, which is going to happen with Lincoln and Fredrick Douglass, than they resort to violence or smashing up small businesses which may not have that ability especially with how they have been impacted by COVID.

My problem with Tim is that making mountains out of molehills his his schtick, and he will post videos of rioters being stupid or violent, while giving the right a pass when they do similar things. If he treated them the same, we wouldn't even be having this conversation, but when the DHS started kidnapping protesters, there was nary a word from the guy. That literally is the same approach as CNN trying to conflate Minneapolis riot violence primarily with the Aryan Cowboys. Its gaslighting, plain and simple.

Furthermore, have you ever been to a protest? There are people of all stripes and motivations there. Most are good, some aren't. I am not responsible if someone else at a protest, who may not even be in my vicinity, decides to smash a window or stir things up. Even if I am in most cases, there is very little I can do.
White are responsible for all slavery, but when rioting breaks out, don't blame the protesters that stand around and film the violence, or join in, rather than leave to not be part of it?
As for the "kidnapping". The CBP were clearly identified on their uniforms (not unmarked) and it was only a couple of people causing problems that were detained for questioning and then released.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This thread seems to be about mocking the protesters and projecting their shortcomings on the entire "Left". I just tried to point out that there are bigger fish to fry than what cities or protesters are doing. 99.9% of what they are doing has no affect on most peoples lives. Where the Fed level stuff has a much bigger impact. You seem reasonable for the most part. Not trying to make things overly personal.
I am outright mocking rioters and the idiots who desire to burn down this country. I posted a video of them telling you exactly what they think. Long ago the "protesters" were hijacked by a whole other agenda. Absolutely nothing wrong with protesting.

The left is the one struggling to distinguish between a peaceful protester and a rioters. Peaceful protesters don't rob stores and kill people. Just a thought.
They also don't block roads holding people against their will from driving on said road.