Where there's smoke there's fire (Holgy leaving WVU?)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 9, 2013
I hope this happens. WVU can do much, much better than DH. DH has owned baylor and Texas Tech, and has beaten kstate 4 straight, he's 5-2 against texas, 5-2 against Iowa State, but 3-4 against TCU, 2-5 against Oklahoma State, and 0-7 against OU(a team WVU owned prior to joining the big 12).

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I hope this happens. WVU can do much, much better than DH. DH has owned baylor and Texas Tech, and has beaten kstate 4 straight, he's 5-2 against texas, 5-2 against Iowa State, but 3-4 against TCU, 2-5 against Oklahoma State, and 0-7 against OU(a team WVU owned prior to joining the big 12).
OMFG, West Virginia owned OU prior to joining the big 12? The series was tied at 2-2. This is why people give you so much sht over here. Statements like this.

Sep 14, 2007

I looked it up and the West Virginia/goon series was tied 2-2 prior to them joining the conference. They may have rented them but I wouldn’t say they owned them.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
OMFG, West Virginia owned OU prior to joining the big 12? The series was tied at 2-2. This is why people give you so much sht over here. Statements like this.
2-2 is owning OU compared to anything the rest of the big twelfth has done.

Sep 9, 2013
what were the scores of the last 2? One OU win was in 1950. WVU crushed OU in Norman and destroyed them in the Fiesta Bowl the last two times they played. WVU gave OU its worst loss in Norman in its history--at least it was at the time.

RROD wouldn't have been 0-7 against OU, trust me. And I doubt he'd have a losing record against Gundy either, since he beat him with a crap team at arz.

Fiesta Bowl - West Virginia vs Oklahoma Box Score, January 2, 2008

West Virginia
11-2
Prev Game

Oklahoma
11-3

from Sooners site:
It was the first loss in a home opener by the Sooners since 1965, the first time they had begun a season 0-1 since '68, and it was also the most points ever scored against the Sooners in the state of Oklahoma (Ed. note: It was tied for the third most up until that game and the most since Nebraska in 1969). It was an impressive victory that would almost certainly propel West Virginia into the Top 20.
Nehlen was trying to restrain himself after the game, but having a tough time doing it. "I would think for a guy who has never taken a snap at West Virginia it was a brilliant performance," he said. "It was fantastic and especially so because they hit him every single time he threw."
Switzer was among those amazed, but not for the same reasons as the paying customers or opposing coach. "We did one thing I never thought would happen. I never would have believed that we could play a whole game without fumbling and lose."

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
what were the scores of the last 2? One OU win was in 1950. WVU crushed OU in Norman and destroyed them in the Fiesta Bowl the last two times they played. WVU gave OU its worst loss in Norman in its history--at least it was at the time.

RROD wouldn't have been 0-7 against OU, trust me. And I doubt he'd have a losing record against Gundy either, since he beat him with a crap team at arz.

Fiesta Bowl - West Virginia vs Oklahoma Box Score, January 2, 2008

West Virginia
11-2
Prev Game

Oklahoma
11-3

from Sooners site:
It was the first loss in a home opener by the Sooners since 1965, the first time they had begun a season 0-1 since '68, and it was also the most points ever scored against the Sooners in the state of Oklahoma (Ed. note: It was tied for the third most up until that game and the most since Nebraska in 1969). It was an impressive victory that would almost certainly propel West Virginia into the Top 20.
Nehlen was trying to restrain himself after the game, but having a tough time doing it. "I would think for a guy who has never taken a snap at West Virginia it was a brilliant performance," he said. "It was fantastic and especially so because they hit him every single time he threw."
Switzer was among those amazed, but not for the same reasons as the paying customers or opposing coach. "We did one thing I never thought would happen. I never would have believed that we could play a whole game without fumbling and lose."
Dear god, just stop.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
In the first 2 meetings....

OU 47 WVU 14
OU 52 WVU 10

2nd 2 meetings

WVU 41 OU 27
WVU 48 OU 28

I'd say the majority of the world would say OU came out looking a little better in that 2-2 series. But then everyone would agree that no one owned anyone there.

See what this dude does, he makes me stick up for OU. Dammit.